So What the Heck is up with the Treasure Magazines?

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost Treasure Magazine,, gone. My sub. is not up untill March 2020. Money Lost!

Western & Eastern Treasures,,,Last paper issue, March 2019. Just re-uped in Jan. now they tell me you can change to Digital..Well no I can't. The web site won't let me. Called the subscribe tel # in the Mag. The number was for a Sub-service,,,lady says we don't handle West & East any more. Gave me a Number,,,,415-339-0124 nope all it does is ring,,sometimes is goes to busy after 9 seconds. Called the Canada number,, they gave me a different number,,,message phone,,,,,6 days no return call.

Web site won't let u redo the Sub. with out entering a credit card Number,,,really U think I am going to give them a card # to just get a digital Mag, after I have already paid $30.00 for a Year Sub. Also if u want a Digital Sub it's advertised for only $15.00 usd.

They sent me a card with instructions, with a Secret Code,,,Transfer,,,,Still got to put in a C-Card number.

Any body else having problems?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I do now. All these type magazines are going into extinction. People want stuff on the Iphones and tablets only it seems.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got the same good deal as I had just re-newed both myself, I pray that American Digger continues is awesome publication!

Iffy Signals

Sep 17, 2018
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the only one. Paid for two subscriptions to lost treasure titanic magazine. Good scam they had for 2019. Grrrrr

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something I noticed years ago .
both W&E & Lost Treasure would put a Few issues on the Magazine stands here.
when I had a Subscription, They were there every Month.

When My Subscription Expired & I Missed an Issue I would go to the stand & Buy
an Issue. As Soon as I did, The magazine Stand would discontinue carrying it.
It was almost like Magazine Stands were there just for show, Not to sell.

or Tease with an issue, Then Force the Buyer to Subscribe.

Also Prices went through the roof $5.50 per Issue !

In spite of all the $$$$ They were making from Advertisers .
I can't imagine how much they were getting for the Centerfold Ad & Back cover ads.

Then they turn around & waste it, By printing thousands
of extra issues for the news stands that don't Distribute them ?

Imagine all the Back issues sitting rotting at the warehouse..

of Course Forums helped kill the Magazines.
Most of what I saw in W&E , I Saw on TreasureNet.
I still Enjoyed the Magazine But my guess , Many just saw the Magazine as a Rehash.

Sorry ! I took the Free online Subscription offered here last year,
But will not subscribe to it without getting the Hard Paper Copy.
& Actually in the last year I only checked out the Online site 3 Times.
was too busy here.

Considering re subscribing to Gold Prospector. I Think
Last time I checked it was only $12 a year.

American Digger ? I subscribed to the first Year, (Was Monthly then)
Gave up on it after that first year. Nice Heavy Gloss Stock Paper, From what I Remember.
But. though good people,
Was more like a Club Magazine. seemed like the Same Diggers Each Month.
And a Limit on what could be Discussed. if I remember correctly, mainly Civil & Revolutionary War Relics.
it may have changed by now, but won't subscribe Without a Free 3 Month Trial like Lost Treasure Used to Offer.
which I won't hold my breath to see.

Last edited:

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have not received anything in the mail in regards to my subscription, I Will NOT give a credit card # just to cancel a subscription that I had already paid for by check. Makes NO sense.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I almost got a script I still have boxes and boxes of the old treasure lost and treasure found and others

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is frustrating to see the magazines go out of print. Some people seem to think you can get it all on the forums. I disagree. I don't see people on here researching and writing articles etc. It's mostly instant gratification: This is what I think... This is what I found. Granted It's a little more interactive but there will never a substitute for holding a magazine and turning the pages. The entire world is going digital but I'd rather not stare at a screen. If you want to keep the magazines in business subscribe. American Digger is a great magazine with great articles. I wish they would print monthly instead of bi monthly. I love getting the magazine in the mail. Anticipation. Call me a dinosaur. I like it.

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Mags.

It is frustrating to see the magazines go out of print. Some people seem to think you can get it all on the forums. I disagree. I don't see people on here researching and writing articles etc. It's mostly instant gratification: This is what I think... This is what I found. Granted It's a little more interactive but there will never a substitute for holding a magazine and turning the pages. The entire world is going digital but I'd rather not stare at a screen. If you want to keep the magazines in business subscribe. American Digger is a great magazine with great articles. I wish they would print monthly instead of bi monthly. I love getting the magazine in the mail. Anticipation. Call me a dinosaur. I like it.

I'm with you, Forums are great, but still don't compare to magazines, turning the pages.........I hate reading lengthy articles on a computer screen.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not enough of us treasure hunter types to make a paper and print publication go. The VAST majority of the treasure hunting community are "Baby Boomers." We're old, cheap, and particular.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a scuff cover for my coil on line, and the company said they'd give me a free copy of whatever treasure-type magazine - but, it never came.
Must be for same reasons you guys said.... (what to expect for FREE, anyway...?)

Edward Lopez

Nov 22, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need some back issues of Treasure Facts magazine

I almost got a script I still have boxes and boxes of the old treasure lost and treasure found and others

Hi: I started a thread on Feb. 4 titled "I need 8 back issues of Treasure Facts magazine". I included the issue numbers I need. If you have back issues I'll appreciate your looking at my list and see if you have any of them. Thanks.
Ed

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/599640-i-need-8-back-issues-treasure-facts-magazine.html

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Not enough of us treasure hunter types to make a paper and print publication go. The VAST majority of the treasure hunting community are "Baby Boomers." We're old, cheap, and particular.

Its why I do my own books, nothing much out there to read.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not like to read my magazines on line my computer or my iPad.. I will not read Western Eastern or Lost Treasure now .And i quit reading Garrett's Searcher after the only way to see it was on line i did like Garrett's searcher but never read one since it was only on line.I like to sit down in my easy chair with a cup of coffee and read a book or magazine it is a whole lot more relaxing that way .

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not like to read my magazines on line my computer or my iPad.. I will not read Western Eastern or Lost Treasure now .And i quit reading Garrett's Searcher after the only way to see it was on line i did like Garrett's searcher but never read one since it was only on line.I like to sit down in my easy chair with a cup of coffee and read a book or magazine it is a whole lot more relaxing that way .

so That's what Happened to the Searcher ? :(
I wondered why it stopped coming :(

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the letter for a free year of the magazine. I tried using PayPal but kept getting errors. So I used their contact page and told them what was up. Within minutes they emailed me and fixed the problem. No credit card or PayPal needed, they just signed me up for the digital. Try the contact page. But like I said in another thread, I hate it that I can't download the magazine! If I'm paying for digital I want a copy on my hard drive so I can read it anywhere! Plus the software to view the magazine is bad. I will not be renewing this digital subscription and I doubt I will be viewing it either.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you fella's, I'm not going to read a magazine on line, have no interest to do so. I'm paid up to Feb. 2020. Seems about impossible to cancel the remaining year. Well...good for them. I would have expected a little better from W&E, was a great magazine that I had looked forward to.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disappointed, i just signed up for 2 yrs on LT and a year on W&E.
At lest W&E sent me out a letter explaining things, haven't heard a word from LT.
Doesn't do me much good anyhow, i can't down load to my phone.
I want my paper back 😩

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just commented on a thread like this and it stinks but that is the direction everything seems to be going. Msbeepbeep, the digital age have grabbed everyone and seems it will beat us all up, I like paper too, good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread