Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN0051.JPG

Different deer, different day. Taken from about 150' away.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Nice! We have them here now for the last 5 or 6 years. I went 40 years never seeing one and the other day about 45 miles south of my town I stopped on the side of the road and stopped counting them when I reached 88! They were covering an area around chicken houses. (Chicken Farm)

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a waiting line for the deer. Three eagles, two left immediately, two hawks and two crows.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful Bird, and to think Ben Franklin wanted our Bird to be the Wild Turkey!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll betcha wild turkeys taste better! Some of the pics weren't quite in focus, new camera, but most turned out ok.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOh! OOH! OOH! OOOHH! I've got my hand up, can I have some (deer)? DSCN0037.JPG

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing the photo. 3 yrs. ago I watched an eagle land on a small doe and dig its talons into her. She ran around for awhile then fell. A feast for all. Same thing, Hawks, eagle and crows all watching and waiting for their turn.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That cat needs some sort of diet meal plan, where’s Marie osmond when you need her?

Stringtyer

Jul 29, 2017
The Old North State
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Tesoro Cutlass
Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like you, we have had an increase in the Bald Eagle population around where I live (the Raleigh, NC area). We have quite a few mating pairs at B. Everett Jordan Lake. Recently, I have noticed one flying over my house and at my garden at the local senior center. They are beautiful.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smoke the Magnificent only gets 1 can of cat food a day and no snacks. He actually has lost weight but he has arthritis real bad because he is old old old and "exercise" is an imaginary word for him. He is very sweet. I've only had him about a year and a half.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The turkey didn't become the national bird, but some did become politicians!!

You're being polite. I have a name for some of them, but I will refrain from using them here. I will say this though, many are Treasonous to the United States. A lot of them seem to be so full of hate that they can't think straight......and Don't.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worldtalker, I don't have an editing program, but that camera you recommended is the bomb. DSCN0050.JPG DSCN0049.JPG DSCN0048.JPG DSCN0047.JPG DSCN0046.JPG

A few turned out like this: a little "off". DSCN0042.JPG Shooting out of a car window, bird was moving, slight wind. All that stuff.

Irregardless, my best eagle pics ever. I may go to the butcher, get 1/4 cow and stick it in my lawn to get them to come here!

Last edited:

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worldtalker, I don't have an editing program, but that camera you recommended is the bomb. View attachment 1680960 View attachment 1680961 View attachment 1680962 View attachment 1680963 View attachment 1680964

A few turned out like this: a little "off". View attachment 1680965 Shooting out of a car window, bird was moving, slight wind. All that stuff.

Irregardless, my best eagle pics ever. I may go to the butcher, get 1/4 cow and stick it in my lawn to get them to come here!

Great photos Smokey!:icon_thumright:

Great photo editing, too. @WT

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice editing. The Bald eagle is still on the endangered list but has come back with a vengeance. It should stay on the list Protected forever

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WAIT, are you saying that all the pollution (chemicals, lead shot, poisons, plastic bags and 'STUFF') have been cleaned up! How else would these birds rebound so nicely. Or is it that somebody used some snake oil on ALL of US! HMMMMMMMMMMM!!! Nice pictures, great editing! I do not recall if you mentioned what editing program you use, would please share that with us! Thank you,...........63bkpkr

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Bald Eagle was removed from the endangered species list in 1995. It was removed from the threatened species list in 2007. It's now classified as a species of Least Concern. The population is still growing.

Bald Eagles are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty and by the 1940 Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. About 1100 kill permits are issued each year to the wind energy industry but you can't hunt them unless you are doing a permitted science project.

They don't taste that good anyway so it's not a big deal about the hunting thing.

Nice pictures - road kill?

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bald Eagle was removed from the endangered species list in 1995. It was removed from the threatened species list in 2007. It's now classified as a species of Least Concern. The population is still growing.

Bald Eagles are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty and by the 1940 Bald and Golden Eagle Protection Act. About 1100 kill permits are issued each year to the wind energy industry but you can't hunt them unless you are doing a permitted science project.

They don't taste that good anyway so it's not a big deal about the hunting thing.

Nice pictures - road kill?
I did not know that! They should not be allowed to kill any of them. IMO Spotted Owl tastes much better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread