new pirate treasure hunt starting up

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heres my Master plan
I live in Depoe Bay Oregon here on the coast.
Right now everyone is into pirates and beachcombing of course.
im ordering 1 dozen lower to mid greade detectors from bounty hunter and am going to be planting replica pirate
coins on the beach. and renting out metal detectors for 15.00 per hour, when they rent a detector they will also be given a treasure map of the erea and need to locate clues planted and work thier way to the main treasure i think this will be some older silver dollars or i may have some 999 fine silver 1 oz coins made up for the hunt
at the end of the hunt wich will be in groups obviously there will be only one winner to find the silver coin
i will make enough money of the rentals to more than cover the cost of an ounce a day and will put on 2 or 3 hunts a day. they will also be paying a 5.00 insurance on damage on equipment wich will be my self insurance policy covering repair or replacement of detectorsand should be enough for me to keep new detectors comming in
how ever the rental contract will clearly state that the insurance does not cover lost or stolen detectors
and if they should lose it or steal it they will be held responsible to pay for it wich shouldnt be to hard since ill have thier drivers licence info and billing info.
anyway should be a lot of fun and i know the tourists will line up to do it because its all about the hunt and they also get to keep any treasures they find along the way.
rentals will be from out of my van being done up like pirates also ill have my capt pirate suit on and the kids love it and i get to p[lay once a week and make some extra money to pay for my top of the line detector for myself
ill keep you posted. any ideahs would be appreciatedps the treasure at the end of the hunt will be a certificate returning them to me for their coin this will keep the average detectorist from finding it himself to keep and spoiling the fun. ill have several maps of different locations each day so i can put on several hunts.
Rick

Attachments

• pirate logo.gif
    pirate logo.gif
    67 bytes · Views: 139

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
A different kind of idea but you never know whats going to catch on with people. For example did you really think people would still be buying cans of Red Bull a year later and have as many imitators as it does. Sure wish I had bought stock in that company when I saw my first can of it but I was to wasted from drinking all of that Zima.

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we curruntly have 6 months out of the year that the city puts out hand blown glass floats like the old japanese ones you used to find on the beach . they put ten per day out 7 days a week for 6 months and the people come from miles around just to look for them.
i could also put them at the end of the hunt for part of a treasure since i know the blower of the floats.
i know this will work and think about it wouldnt you have paid 15 bucks to go treasure hunting on the beach if you didnt already have a detector.
ill be sending some pics on here once it gets started along with some of my pirate maps.
my wife has a gift shop and sells lots of pirate junk lol every one thinks of pirates and treasure hunting when they come to the beach now since the movies came out.
i work for the city of lincoln city and am one of the lucky guys that cleans the parks after they all go home.
and let me tell ya people can be real slobs.
yes i have to clean the park bathrooms too and just when i think ive seen it all i find something else not worth talking about...lol
last week we had a public bathroom here in this small town of many tourists the toilete kept plugging up for some
reason, finaly since it has its own pump station we pulled the main hatch to look down the 12 foot deep by 5 foot wide tank to the pump and to my supprise.......we poulled out a 55 gallon drum of needles from all the druggies and such. utterly amazing. this gives you some ideah of how many people are out driving on drugs and get away with it.
buckle up..
well ill stop gabbing i just want to finish by saying how i love to read this site in the morning i look foprward to posting many treasures i find on here .....POSITIVE THINKING>>>>>

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread