Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and I have been living off grid for 6 years now,have lived in Arizona pretty much all my life except for a few years we moved to Ohio I am an Arizona native my wife and I had to leave our property due to the amount of snow we got, we have had three snow storms in the past month the first two each put around 14-16 inches on the ground but this last one a couple days ago forced me to make a decision because of my wife's condition to get out and head to the valley of AZ,my wife suffers from dementia this snow storm we had two days ago when I put my wife in the truck with our dogs and decided to leave had dropped 3 feet of snow on the ground and was still coming down hard we four wheeled out to the paved road which is 10 miles from our property,I made the decision to get out while we could because I did not want to get stranded in there and something happen to my wife I would have never been able to forgive myself if that had happened otherwise I would have stayed and waited it out but I just could not take the chance , our property is at around 6500 feet in elevation and we do get snow but it has never been like this year, we did make it to the valley and are currently staying with family thank god for family is all I can say.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm glad you could get out! Next winter, you probably won't see any snow.

it was by the grace of god we did it turned what normally takes 45 minutes to get to the paved road into over 2 hours of sipping and sliding roller coaster drive I thank god for helping us to get out when we did I have a big decision to make I do not know if we will be returning there or not it was kind of a wake up call for me

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oldkoot, I am very glad you made it out. I don't have the gumption to go off the grid, and weather and potential illness or accident is one way. I don't live in the city either, but it's weird out there anymore.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Scottsdale from Wednesday till yesterday. It rained like I have never seen it for this time of year. I have never heard of anything like it outside of monsoon season which this is not. It snowed in Scottsdale! Freezing cold rains in AZ Never would have guessed that in a million years

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Koot, I too am glad you and your wife made it out to safety while you can. With all the mess going on in our country today and the further our country slips away from God......With all this strange weather it makes one wonder if this is God's way of saying: 'America, can you hear me now?' He is in charge, and has ways of reminding us from time to time.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Koot, I too am glad you and your wife made it out to safety while you can. With all the mess going on in our country today and the further our country slips away from God......With all this strange weather it makes one wonder if this is God's way of saying: 'America, can you hear me now?' He is in charge, and has ways of reminding us from time to time.

you got that rite

I have just in the past few months started getting my life rite with god and up until a couple months ago I would have told you flat out I am an atheist I would have looked you in the eye and told you flat out there is no such thing as god, but I had an experience awhile back that I know for a fact if there wasn't a god I would not be here today able to talk about it and was because of the power of prayer that I am alive and not because of others prayers but because I was so scared that I started praying myself and asking him to just help me get out of the situation I was in at the time and I promised him in my prayer if he helped me I would let people know, and it just happened to be another one of these freaky snow storms we are getting here in AZ that happened so when this big one hit my wife and I,I prayed about it and he answered and told me to get out of dodge so I did.

I probably should have posted this in the religious part of T NET but I did not if the mods want to move it feel free and I apologize

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oldkoot, I am very glad you made it out. I don't have the gumption to go off the grid, and weather and potential illness or accident is one way. I don't live in the city either, but it's weird out there anymore.

smokeythecat I have come to the conclusion that my wife and I can not live off grid any longer also due to my wife's condition I am in the process of trying to figure out how to move to the valley of AZ which I will figure out if its gods will

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in AZ for many many years that is crazy!!!!!!!!!Family first....

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son lives in Flagstaff and he sent me pictures and videos of the storm. I do not miss the snow one bit! And, down here anything under 40 is COLD! Prayers sent for you and your wife.

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think you are making the right decision Oldkoot, especially in light of your wife’s condition and your remote location.

God may have saved you earlier because He needs you here to care for your wife. I am glad that you are not only praying but are also listening to His message to you.

I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers.

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last winter was really cold here(for the UK) this year so far has been crazily mild. now I just need to get my faulty Nox replaced!

Oldkoot, glad it turned out well for you and your wife. Best wishes from England.

Last edited:

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad you are okay.
I've noticed two things here in Michigan that really tell me how unstable our atmosphere has become.
I see dust devils all of the time.
If I had a camera last night, snownado!!
Beginning in January of 2018, some of the clouds hanging out over the state, have had this unusual cresting wave tails on them.
I see them all the time.
They didn't exist in my 48 years prior here in Michigan.
Believe me, I'd remember.
I'm an Eidetiker.
Has anyone else noticed a cresting wave like tail on clouds?
That suggests that the atmosphere is rolling.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just the chemtrails for the climate engineering and the mass poisoning 2 days before every storm is all we see. The sprayers are always out of small arms range I've noticed...breathe much?
By the way, stocks surged on news of a possible trade deal for the 40th time this week and dont forget that "climate change is like, our ww2!"

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
The clouds are rolling right now. Even circle clouds.
Heck.. Even a Heart cloud!
The atmosphere is rolling horizontally.
Kinda like my pics.. Do they look sideways to you?
20190225_121607_HDR.jpg
20190225_121655_HDR.jpg
20190225_121636_HDR.jpg
20190225_121735_HDR.jpg

This is an overlay to show the Heart.. Signs..
Capture+_2019-02-25-12-20-01.png
Screenshot_2019-02-25-12-30-54.png

What do you think?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m glad you “listened” and got down the mountain. I have faith you both will be ok.
You and you wife are in my prayers.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad you made it out, stay safe! :occasion14:

May God Bless you and your family.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread