Frozen ground and slush are bad for this addiction!

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So this is my first Feb completely addicted to detecting and boy- The Eastern PA weather has me wishing it were fall again! The temperature seems to constantly be right at 30-40 degrees and rain; besides the days it dips to 20 and snows! Iā€™m brusing the soles of my feet stomping on my Lesche, just to stick my hands into slush balls of mud! I think Iā€™ll take the spring poison ivy over this!!

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain Ed. Drove by my permission and it was nothing but a muddy field with standing water. It will be a while around here. Gary

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this is my first Feb completely addicted to detecting and boy- The Eastern PA weather has me wishing it were fall again! The temperature seems to constantly be right at 30-40 degrees and rain; besides the days it dips to 20 and snows! Iā€™m brusing the soles of my feet stomping on my Lesche, just to stick my hands into slush balls of mud! I think Iā€™ll take the spring poison ivy over this!!

my detecting buddy 3cylbill had a great idea of adding a weighted pipe sleeve to a shovel to dig in the frozen ground. Kind of like a post driver but for a shovel.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting idea Tpmetal! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread