Yeo in case you find the gold coin or a jar of em

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
Anyone else Destroy Shoes Annually ?

I've been Buying Interceptor Tactical Boots at Wallmart for Years Now.
The first pair Lasted the longest.
after tthat they got cheap and rarely lasted 4 months before the left one would
crack, or the bottom would pull loose. after wasting so Much on Boots,
I Started Fixing them With PC-7 but unfortunately it would Crack.

this year I gave up on buying Interceptors & Decided to Try voodoo tactical boots.
but fear once I start Kicking around And Kneeling Down Over & Over I'll Destroy These Too.
So I Started Looking on Ebay for Glues. Trying to Find something To repair my Old Interceptors to get more Life out of them.

Decided on a pint Can of Flex Seal.

View attachment 1685604

Very Impressive So far, it's like Painting with Liquid Rubber.
But I haven't Started Using them yet.

downside Flex Seal Shines like a New Black Car :laughing7:
But once I Get out there I should be able to Scratch that New waxed Car Look away.
and what would you recommend for soles separating ? i've had soles separate on my adidas reeboks and now my brahmas waterproof hiker boot. they were like new at the start of winter. first the left sole stated to separate where the foot flexes. ok 2 weeks goes by still holding up. then a week later i'm walking through the store and my right shoe sole is flappin in the breeze. the whole front sole came undone. surprise. i tried gorilla glue on the adidas. held up for maybe 3 weeks. disappointed ! then tried it another time on the reeboks no go again. so i have no faith in gorilla glue. i was thinking of something along that type. i know theres some kind of adhesive like that that i used in the past. black and really tacky. it was like if you got it on your hands it would come off for 2 weeks no matter how many times you washed your hands ? recommendations welcome. keep us updated on the experiment. another disappointment. K i need a good luck charm.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and what would you recommend for soles separating ? i've had soles separate on my adidas reeboks and now my brahmas waterproof hiker boot. they were like new at the start of winter. first the left sole stated to separate where the foot flexes. ok 2 weeks goes by still holding up. then a week later i'm walking through the store and my right shoe sole is flappin in the breeze. the whole front sole came undone. surprise. i tried gorilla glue on the adidas. held up for maybe 3 weeks. disappointed ! then tried it another time on the reeboks no go again. so i have no faith in gorilla glue. i was thinking of something along that type. i know theres some kind of adhesive like that that i used in the past. black and really tacky. it was like if you got it on your hands it would come off for 2 weeks no matter how many times you washed your hands ? recommendations welcome. keep us updated on the experiment. another disappointment. K i need a good luck charm.

So Far I have Only had luck with PC-7 epoxy for that.
if any of them ever pull apart again I'll try Flex Seal.

I put the PC7 on then Immediately Spent the Day with them on,
So my Weight would Help Spread the Epoxy & Seal Things.

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My boots, I sometimes use Aqua Seal for the exteriors, but I think it would work well
sticking the soles that separated together, also.
It is an Urethane Repair Adhesive & Sealant, that I've used for years..., and very happy with all results.
The glue is very durable on my caving boots plus repair my cover-alls, gloves and knee pads.
Doesn't scab-off, flexible, and it will fade from clear to slightly cloudy, through use.
VERY durable. Made for wetsuits, waders, etc.
Secret trick - use well cleaned surfaces, before glueing. Be Patient, wait a day or two before using.
There is a quickener available, that can be purchased, for faster results..., but I haven't used it.

....BUT, I Will try that Flex-Seal idea - thanks! :thumbsup:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Those have to be the ugliest boots I have ever seen. I mean they're so ugly I can see someone putting them on exibition in a soho gallery. ( Sell them on EBAY as art.)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only watched one Complaint Video on You Tube, he said it caused his Rubber Boot to Crack.
But the Guy Used the Spray Flex Seal & Also said there is a Warning on the Can that it doesn't
work on all surfaces. but i wonder if he spayed a thin coat and the flex seal cracked

I don't see that Warning on the Pint Can. and I wasn't Stingy with the Number of Coats. :tongue3:

looks like at least another Month here before I can get out with them for a real test

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the spay can to spay a leak in my roof until it was fixed with a new roof. I didn't rain after that so I don't know if it did the job. Then one time my plastic hose that feed the swamp cooler got a leak. I shut the water off spayed over the area of the leak and waited for it to cure. I turn the water on and immediately water started to dribble out around the flexseal. Then it bursted open spaying water like before. I tried it a 2nd time and same thing. I went the the hardware store and got a brass splice. That did it. They show on the commercial spaying a leaky radiator hose on a car and the leak stopping instantly after it's sprayed with flexseal. I lean towards that demonstration as being false advertisement. I don't think they show as many of the same things it can do when they first started advertising that stuff on TV like today, because it was mostly bs I'm sure.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought the spay can to spay a leak in my roof until it was fixed with a new roof. I didn't rain after that so I don't know if it did the job. Then one time my plastic hose that feed the swamp cooler got a leak. I shut the water off spayed over the area of the leak and waited for it to cure. I turn the water on and immediately water started to dribble out around the flexseal. Then it bursted open spaying water like before. I tried it a 2nd time and same thing. I went the the hardware store and got a brass splice. That did it. They show on the commercial spaying a leaky radiator hose on a car and the leak stopping instantly after it's sprayed with flexseal. I lean towards that demonstration as being false advertisement. I don't think they show as many of the same things it can do when they first started advertising that stuff on TV like today, because it was mostly bs I'm sure.

Yes I don't see how you can Spray any hole and Clog it up.

It would need to at the Very Least Be Plugged First.

I Tried the Paint Stuff on my Leaky Faucet.
The side is Cracking , I already have it wrapped with
Armor Wrap Tape​
I got at The Hardware that Lasted for a Few Years,
But water Finally worked it's way Through.

The Flex Seal slowed it Drastically from Spraying me in the Face every time I Turned the Water On.
But needs more Coats, to stop all the Leaks.

My water is Extremely acidic or Something. It eats Pipes.

Since My house is Falling apart around Me. I'm not real enthusiastic about fixing things,
knowing a week from now the whole place may explode around me :laughing7:

Last edited:

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use Shoe-Goo. In a tube at the Wal-Mart check out line. Works for me. Gary

I rate Sho Goo right up there - one of my favorite repair glues! And, it comes in Clear as well as Black to choose from.
All repairs must have a well-cleaned, dry surfaces First. Allow plenty of time to cure, depending how thick it was applied.
Depending the severity of the repair, might have to put a backing, so the glue doesn't fall thru...!

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
So Far I have Only had luck with PC-7 epoxy for that.
if any of them ever pull apart again I'll try Flex Seal.

I put the PC7 on then Immediately Spent the Day with them on,
So my Weight would Help Spread the Epoxy & Seal Things.
i use one of those handy dandy c-clamps and 2 blocks of wood. one on the top and one on the bottom. let it sit overnight. voila ?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I don't see how you can Spray any hole and Clog it up.

It would need to at the Very Least Be Plugged First.

I Tried the Paint Stuff on my Leaky Faucet.
The side is Cracking , I already have it wrapped with
Armor Wrap Tape​
I got at The Hardware that Lasted for a Few Years,
But water Finally worked it's way Through.

The Flex Seal slowed it Drastically from Spraying me in the Face every time I Turned the Water On.
But needs more Coats, to stop all the Leaks.

My water is Extremely acidic or Something. It eats Pipes.

Since My house is Falling apart around Me. I'm not real enthusiastic about fixing things,
knowing a week from now the whole place may explode around me :laughing7:

Go without eating for a little bit if you have to..cancel the cable TV.
It's worth it to have decent boots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread