Metal detecting can be considered a way to refresh your mind

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I no a funny title but who cares. Ok what I mean anytime you get out in the open tundra, u can clear the mind, almost refresh yourself, getaway from all the nonsense. So yes the idea is to find something but you no what when you sit down on a rock or hillside and let your imagination think of what used to be, it can be a wow factor cause so much has happened and just below your feet might be a find of a lifetime. So appreciate your thoughts can be rehabilitating in some way. Peace and a detector in your hand and watching the eagles fly dam just wonderful.
May that country road take you to a wonderful place.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
~Henry David Thoreau

Dirt fishing the same to me. Kinda sad that some folks just quit after they have a lame-find days.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In someways you are correct, a piece of mind is priceless. This hobby knows no age limit, keeps your mind fresh andlearn and heck make friends, not many thing offer this, thanks

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely everything stressful is out of your mind its great for the body and the mind

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My mind don't need refreshing, it's my back, hips, and legs that need refreshing. LOL

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very peaceful for me! :icon_thumleft:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My mind don't need refreshing, it's my back, hips, and legs that need refreshing. LOL
Amen Brother! Just spent the last 8 days in bed with a killer lower back but the sinus is nearly cleared up finally. We had four days of no rain and decent temps and I could barely walk or stand up. I went into Walmart a few years ago and requested an exchange. They said, "Okay, what do you want to exchange?" you should have seen their faces when I said, "My body, need one that works and doesn't hurt all the time!" They all agreed with me. But when detecting, my world is quiet for the most part except for the detector talking to me. Don't have a bike any more, the 1500 just got to be too much to handle but riding it up the mountain was just crazy relaxing.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010

Seeing the edge of a silver coin after the generally low impact physical exercise, always seems to boost my physical pains. I don't know what it is, but I instantly regenerate strength at a time where about all I want to do is get to the car.

Metal detecting beats being a couch potato, plus physical ailments like arthritis and joint general inflammation, etc, needs physical movement to stay loose. Detecting sure is more fun than jogging in circles ;-)

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
49er12, I'm 67 and have been detecting 30 years.... It's a hobby that gets you off the conch, out in the fresh air, a long slow walk, dozens of squats, you get to see deer, turkeys, rabbits, squirrels and eagles. As I swing, my eyes are looking all over at the area. My head phones are all I need. To think about the work it took to clear a wooded area to make fields and build stone walls. Back then it could take days to get the stump of a big tree out with ox teams pulling or dynamite. Now a days, I can push over huge trees with a 350 excavator and pick up the whole tree roots and all and carry it where every I want., in minutes. I have my younger detecting buddies to keep me busy and moving. Dusty, Mark (mhess), John845, Jason, Sam, James and Pete help me cover 4 counties around me, so, I have a good variety of places to go. I will detect as long as I don't need a wheelchair... lol

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you guys bring a special perspective, it’s almost in heaven out in the open for those out there that don’t understand then it’s to late for them, put the g dam phone away, guys general public lost there way along time ago, they lose. Thanks again

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
~Henry David Thoreau

Dirt fishing the same to me. Kinda sad that some folks just quit after they have a lame-find days.

Boy u r right how many people go spend hundreds of dollars on a machine and say, I didn’t find anything, boy we would have a lot of machines returned back , heck they can givem to us, no patience we all want instant satisfaction, like I said most human beings state of mind has deteriorated, sad, thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread