Are Public Libraries OK To Detect Like Public Schools?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine hates it when the leash is dragging so she holds it in her mouth. Every time I get hassled, it's the old your dog needs to be on a leash. She is! No someone needs to be holding the leash! She is! Off they go waddling off shaking their heads smoke coming out their ears.

HINT Don't do this in Newport Beach Ca!!!!!!! Ended up with 9 count em 9 Life Guards, 3 jeeps, 3 cops in two units & a Life Guard Lt (I think he was) standing around for over 45 minutes debating the code. Ended up no one wanted to write the citation & have to explain to the judge and be embarrassed. There ya go! Your taxpayer $$$ hard at work.

A trick I use for areas like libraries is when confronted I've got everything in my trash pouch in my hand. First thing out my mouth is "Let me go throw this trash away." Has defused many confrontations over the years.

I also carry two live rounds of ammo in a separate pocket of my pouch that I have dug in the past, and if ever asked, I show the ammo along with the trash, the couple of times I've been asked, and show these, it's been, "Well...I hope you find something good".

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when i was younger - i did good at old libraries - late 1800s and early 1900s ones
they had no AC back then and would hold readings outside a lot on their lawns

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you return all your finds within two weeks it should be fine.
chub

Actually, I believe that if you return your finds within two weeks there WON'T be a fine! :laughing7:

scottsen11

Jul 22, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A close alliance of school library media centers and public libraries can be an effective support system for students. Currently such alliances take many forms, including joint libraries (combined school and public library facilities), networking and resource-sharing arrangements (use of technology), collaborative and cooperative services and programs, and communication networks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions