Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Are Public Libraries OK To Detect Like Public Schools?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10023 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by holepuncher View Post
    It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.
    Haha, the only bugaboo I have by that old pithy saying is: It implies that the doer is doing something wrong. Ie.: something erroneous or lawless, that it would "need forgiveness" in the first place. However, I happen to md'ing lawful, correct, safe, beneficial, nutritious, healthy, harmless, etc....

But ... seriously now ..... I know what you're saying. There can ALWAYS be someone who sees it differently and wants to gripe
    holepuncher and sprailroad like this.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1219 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    As long as you return all your finds within two weeks it should be fine.

chub
    holepuncher and Clay Diggins like this.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2089 times
    what was that comment on public land ? if thats true then i want to hunt he property around the white house ? what are my chances ? what would i expect to find ? lets see theres a big fence around it. nobody is allowed to go picnic there. you cant even lie down in in the cool grass under a shade tree and take a nap. i wonder what the property taxes are ? has the value decreased ? i'll keep wonderin ? i wonder if the pres. drinks my brand of beer ?
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2089 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Haha, the only bugaboo I have by that old pithy saying is: It implies that the doer is doing something wrong. Ie.: something erroneous or lawless, that it would "need forgiveness" in the first place. However, I happen to md'ing lawful, correct, safe, beneficial, nutritious, healthy, harmless, etc....

But ... seriously now ..... I know what you're saying. There can ALWAYS be someone who sees it differently and wants to gripe
    i'm tired of being serious. and i'm tired of worryin ? cant we just get down to the nitty gritty ? i'm down with that.
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    10485 times
    You could say a friend's kid got cut on a piece of metal (pull tab, nail, etc.) and you were just trying to make sure the area was safe, and cleared of trash.
    You are in fact digging & removing trash.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by slide95 View Post
    I can't help but think that, just as having parents be present in the school validates the importance of school for children, having civic leaders be part of that school community interaction and inviting dialogue with your families validates the importance of civic engagement and contribution to these same children as well as to their families, and also validates for the civic leaders and service providers the importance of their role in supporting the children, their families, and education (including the school library). Sorry for being so long-winded...
    I some what agree with you mate!

Charter Member
    us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    2922 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    Mine hates it when the leash is dragging so she holds it in her mouth. Every time I get hassled, it's the old your dog needs to be on a leash. She is! No someone needs to be holding the leash! She is! Off they go waddling off shaking their heads smoke coming out their ears.

HINT Don't do this in Newport Beach Ca!!!!!!! Ended up with 9 count em 9 Life Guards, 3 jeeps, 3 cops in two units & a Life Guard Lt (I think he was) standing around for over 45 minutes debating the code. Ended up no one wanted to write the citation & have to explain to the judge and be embarrassed. There ya go! Your taxpayer $$$ hard at work.

A trick I use for areas like libraries is when confronted I've got everything in my trash pouch in my hand. First thing out my mouth is "Let me go throw this trash away." Has defused many confrontations over the years.
    I also carry two live rounds of ammo in a separate pocket of my pouch that I have dug in the past, and if ever asked, I show the ammo along with the trash, the couple of times I've been asked, and show these, it's been, "Well...I hope you find something good".

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    14151 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    when i was younger - i did good at old libraries - late 1800s and early 1900s ones
    they had no AC back then and would hold readings outside a lot on their lawns
    Tom_in_CA likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Mar 2019
    completely agree man !!

I would "Check out" the library lawn very quietly and carefully !

us
    Oct 2018
    NE Ohio
    Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett AT Max Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
    889 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chub View Post
    As long as you return all your finds within two weeks it should be fine.
    chub
    Actually, I believe that if you return your finds within two weeks there WON'T be a fine!
    Tom_in_CA likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links