March 14th , 1yr since FBI dig at Dents Run , TIME IS UP , Its time we talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FindersKeepers: First of all, I am cheering for you and hope you succeed. I have been following this lost gold since I was about 10 years old (40+ years). The family camp of over 1000 acres is 4 miles (a crow fly) away from this site. I recall a small newspaper article on the billboard at camp about this story. Only problem is, I thought I would be the one who would find this on our camp property. So although I am very happy for you and your success, I am disappointed that my childhood dream is gone. Heck, maybe a bar dropped in the creak on our property and I stumble across it. But you can bet I will not be calling the FBI or DCNR!!!!

Good luck to you!!![/QUOTE
With all that land, you should search for single coins and jewels and for buried treasures. If I found large buried treasures, I call my lawyer and not the FBI or TV stations or newspapers.

So if you found 9 tons of gold you would do what with it. Give me a honest answer and think about it. It sounds easy and I am sure a lot of joke answers will follow. but in real life what we did was the best thing at the time and we will find out how it plays out soon. Its not over yet. This was 9 tons and if we find 1 bar of metal or coins that's a different story and I know what to do. But $400 million is not good if your not around to spend it.

I may of saved you a lot of wasted time looking for it in the wrong place but there is more $ in the area . Not sure what land you have but we may contact you someday if we think there is something on your land.

Last edited:

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey partner, my question is with your cameras etc. U can't tell if they removed anything just asking

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tree branch 1.JPG tree branch 2.JPG A few days after the FBI dug up this site we see the head DCNR Ranger for this area cutting down our trail cams, Did they tell us to remove them, NO , The trail cams were at this site for years and they knew of them. Hay we got DCNR on cam video doing this at other times to and they say they don't do things like that. :BangHead: I have pictures were they removed some of my equipment from the site and many trail cams but they will not return anything because the investigation is still going on:dontknow:

Hay look at the MUD on the tree branch :icon_scratch: wonder how it got that high up when the dig area is at the top left area in the photo. That branch is 7 1/2' to 8' off the ground, they must of dug a lot of dirt that night but hay they say they were going home to. Hay the FBI is good at what they do and they make mistakes just as we all do , this is just one mistake that shows how much dirt was piled up in this area . But again it was the excavator operator that was left to fill in the hole and clean up the site. tree mud.JPG Inkedmud tree_LI.jpg

Attachments

• Warning_LI.jpg
    Warning_LI.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The Curse of Dent's Run" with the same narrator as curse of oak island.....Nah....

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey partner, my question is with your cameras etc. U can't tell if they removed anything just asking

DCNR bolt cutters.jpg He is holding a set of red bolt cutters in his left hand and we got him from another cam cutting them down.

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The search was in the winter. i enjoy watching this man without a coat and a summer shirt.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other jackets are the light weight kind.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tree mud1_LI.jpg View attachment 1688487
On day one March 13th the FBI spent all day digging in the 1st hole area I marked on the photo. This area is were Enviroscan said they located two piles of metal 3' to 4' down under . So the FBI said this was easier to get to so they were digging it up first and we had to sit in the car until they had time to dig in our site marked 2nd hole. The entire area is over 24' long on the road and they dug 22' up hill on the bank to get down 20' inside the back of the cave were the silver was. What we saw at the end of each day was each hole was dug down 13'. There is a old iron drain pipe under the road were both 1 and 2 meet . This is why they had to dig two holes or replace the drain pipe .
At 1:30pm they let us up the hill to start digging at our spot. They dug our hole 12' x 10' x 7'deep and called it quits for the day at 3 PM. Just 3 more feet to go and they quit or that's what they wanted us to believe. When we came back on March 14th they made us and DCNR stay in our cars for 6hrs then at 2:PM they let us up the hill to see the hole was already dug down 13' :BangHead: and they said look in the hole and tell us what you see. I said I see nothing and the head FBI agent said OK that's it , fill in the hole and lets go home. I came back and said hay nothing is here now but that doesn't mean it wasn't here yesterday or last week. ( I will talk more about this conversation later ) . Then I said what about the silver area to the left are you still going to dig it up. He said NO we don't have time lets go home. it was later we found out they dug all night at the gold and the silver area and did everything to cover it up.

Last edited:

rock106

Oct 10, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if you found 9 tons of gold you would do what with it. Give me a honest answer and think about it. It sounds easy and I am sure a lot of joke answers will follow. but in real life what we did was the best thing at the time and we will find out how it plays out soon. Its not over yet. This was 9 tons and if we find 1 bar of metal or coins that's a different story and I know what to do. But $400 million is not good if your not around to spend it.

Oh, I am not saying you did the wrong thing at all. I sure wonder what those that put it there were thinking?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find nine tons of gold and explain it to the IRS! Then be in court for 40 years proving you did nothing wrong finding it. Easy!

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw a story one time on one of those crime shows where dude killed a girl and buried her Honda. The plate was “LIL MISS”. Maybe they found a car?

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm late to the show, How did all this start? Who found what and why were the feds involved?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or look up "Dent's Run Treasure" on the net. Some newspaper articles there.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just curious if you probed the area of interest? If it was me, even if not permitted to dig, I would have drilled to the depth of the readings I picked up (even beyond just to be sure) and would have been evidence for sure of silver and gold shavings on the drill bit if anything was there. That could have been done very quickly with minimal effort and been hard evidence too especially if you made a quick filming while documenting it as proof.

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
The search was in the winter. i enjoy watching this man without a coat and a summer shirt.

The FBI was probably there in the spring to cut the cameras down prior to the dig. If I recall correctly, there was a light snow on the ground when the FBI retrieved the 9 tons of gold in March 2018. Seems like there’s some green spring like vegetation in the image as well which, in my opinion, says the FBI was there pre and possibly post gold retrieval.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other

I remember an article that claim nothing was found and the photos showed a layer of snow. Can anyone find both it and publish date.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious if you probed the area of interest? If it was me, even if not permitted to dig, I would have drilled to the depth of the readings I picked up (even beyond just to be sure) and would have been evidence for sure of silver and gold shavings on the drill bit if anything was there. That could have been done very quickly with minimal effort and been hard evidence too especially if you made a quick filming while documenting it as proof.

This was done many times. Drilling with a 3/4 " masonry bit down 10' and 12' and hit metal is hard BUT try to bring some of it up is a *****. we tried putty, tape. drop a cam down the hole. We have many pictures of this but there is water in the cave and that just adds to the work. What we did was melt a bit right into the metal and got it stuck 3 different times. You could hear the high pitch of metal to metal. Then we dropped a 8' steel 3/4" rod down the hole and hit it with a hammer. The sound was 100% metal. The hammer jump back each time we hit it. No there was a large amount of metal down under, AND YES we video it all. We have video from day one when we found the cave. Video from inside working for 5yrs and 2yrs on top of the cave drilling. O Ya back to your question, we got gold on the bit polished on it when it came out ????? NO shavings . But the end of the bit was gold coated. Now all of this was with a 3/4" masonry bit and we had DCNR on site to show them. They wanted to see more gold than what we had so they wanted 1 to 2lb of gold, The only way to do that was DCNR had to let us use a 3" core bit and they said OK. So of the first 16 holes drilled 9 were in the silver area and we just started our 2nd yr drilling with 7 in the gold area. When we started core drilling hole #16 was the first hole we hit metal with a core bit ( this was the spot were the FBI saw our test readings in Jan and Feb, This is the spot were the black bucket is shown. We drilled 22 holes in 2yrs then someone ( DCNR ) came in and dug up our site and removed a lot of our cams and equipment. WE have this on film . What was done I can not talk about YET , but soon I will tell it all. Ya we filed a police report 2 times on them and I have all the paper work to prove it all.

DCNR and the FBI have copies of our drilling records and the FBI has a lot of video of us drilling. To say Nothing Was Found was so stupid of them . many people were on site in the 7 yrs and they know what was there. Why would DCNR let us use 3" core bits if we didn't hit gold or silver. DCNR knows what was there .and that's all I can say for now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FBI was probably there in the spring to cut the cameras down prior to the dig. If I recall correctly, there was a light snow on the ground when the FBI retrieved the 9 tons of gold in March 2018. Seems like there’s some green spring like vegetation in the image as well which, in my opinion, says the FBI was there pre and possibly post gold retrieval.

Look at the pictures they have dates / time / temp / etc on them. The DCNR Ranger gets heated up fast when he has to climb up that 1,000' hill. He is not a bad person , he is just doing his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread