March 14th , 1yr since FBI dig at Dents Run , TIME IS UP , Its time we talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No
FK, When it comes to a 13' deep trench excavation, it it extremely unsafe (and illegal)
to enter the excavation without trench plate shoring
Similiar to this...
View attachment 1689162

The chances of being buried alive are significant, especially if the ground is over saturated.
If you did not see shoring brought onsite, then any gold recovered would have to have been excavated with the bucket.

Your camera appears to be pointed directly at the spoils pile.
I would expect to see someone periodically scanning the spoils pile with a metal detector.
I'm envisioning when the first bar was discovered, everybody would scramble up on the spoils pile to see what was found.

Once something was found, the excavator operator would dump the excavated material on the other side of the excavation...so envision a large barren spoils pile on one side of the trench and a smaller spoils pile on the other, from which they would pick bars of gold from as the guy with the metal detector pointed them out.

Your camera looks to be positioned to capture all of this.

It would be much faster to dump the excavated material into a 4x4 dump truck and haul it off, but I assume the ground was too muddy or the site was inaccessible.

Any jack hammering would have to be done with a large attachment to the excavator.
Bucket is taken off and the chisel tip is attached. Rock is broken up, then the bucket is put back on to excavate the fractured rock.
View attachment 1689171

Digging the gold bars up with an excavator would probably damage them significantly.
I would expect that gold shavings would be scratched off with the bucket teeth.
Depending on how they backfilled the trench, this "select" material may have been placed back into the bottom of the trench or smeared around on the top. I would expect there is solid evidence remaining in the backfill material that could be recovered if it was washed.
Of course that would be contingent on gold being found.

jack hamer 1.JPG We saw no metal plates to hold back dirt, Maybe this is why they dug at night time , they didn't want anyone to see what they were doing wrong. In this picture they are bringing in the jackhammer by chain, Ya they used the jackhammer it kept the neighbor up all night. So she set up and saw everything that went on. Ya, SHE SAW IT ALL. The FBI ran the excavator at night time . The hired local operator left at 7pm Tuesday with the keys in the excavator. HE was not allowed to talk to us , WHY, he was not there during the night dig. But he was there to back fill everything back in place by Wed morning so it all looked like no digging was done. So when the hired operator did talk about the dig , he said nothing was found , Ya because he was not on site when the treasure was dug up. This is why they hired a local person to do the job, they wanted him as witness to tell what he saw. Hay the FBI told us they have their own equipment to do the dig. YET they hired a local so he could tell his story. GOOD JOB but it did not work. GOT YA.:occasion14:

update / Every thing you said you want to see in the pictures will happen , only no hard hats or wall supports. But you will see how deep they went when you see the bucket all the way down in the hole. Ya you will see FBI agents run to the holes and get down inside them. They use measuring tapes and GPS equipment to be sure they have the right target. BUT there is a lot more to this story and I will explain it when I show the pictures , This is why I am doing this step by step , there is a lot going at the dig and I will not have the time to answer to many questions . So I am doing this slow and trying my best for everyone to figure it out.

Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generlly with excavations, there is what's called the "competent person".
This is the guy that has had some training in excavation safety.
Knowing when shoring is required and what slopes are acceptable in lue of shoring.
Not many people will jump down into a 13' deep excavation, much less spend hours down there digging by hand.

There are a couple things I'm wondering..
1.) where is this cave in relation to the excavation area?
2.) where is the fire pit?
3.) what is the pipe?
4.) is that a road bed?
5.) how would anyone take some of the treasure without performing a similiar excavation operation?
6.) Have you gone back and searched the dig area with specialized metal detectors designed to find very small gold? Regular detectors will not pick up small gold.

I find it odd that there are two target areas nearly mirrored along the axis of the pipe. Does the cave run in that direction (perp. to the pipe)? Seems like a large metal pipe and a cave would potentially cause anomalies in the readings?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowing when shoring is required and what slopes are acceptable in lue of shoring.
Not many people will jump down into a 13' deep excavation, much less spend hours down there digging by hand.

3.) what is the pipe?
4.) is that a road bed?
5.) how would anyone take some of the treasure without performing a similiar excavation operation?
6.) Have you gone back and searched the dig area with specialized metal detectors designed to find very small gold? Regular detectors will not pick up small gold.

I find it odd that there are two target areas nearly mirrored along the axis of the pipe. Does the cave run in that direction (perp. to the pipe)? Seems like a large metal pipe and a cave would potentially cause anomalies in the readings?

Hay I like your questions, you are 100% on track . Like I said there is more to this dig, all holes are in a line but my two are in the cave and the other two are not at 3' and 4' down . When we scanned the site many years back there was NO METAL IN THE AREA to the right of the drain pipe. IN all the years we were scanning with a lot of equipment we never got IRON hits or readings. BUT after DCNR workers dug at our site we had many hits on iron at the silver area, and now we see someone buried scrap iron in the area to the right of the pipe. But the FBI said Enviroscan found more gold to the right, Our pictures will tell who is lying. It looks like IRON to me.
Did DCNR burry scrap metal above the silver area to mess up our gold and silver readings.:BangHead: WHY did they dig when we were not on site . This is part of what I am not suppose to be talking about until we see what the FBI found at each hole. There is a lot more to this story. A LOT MORE

You will see agents jump in a 6' hole because the object in that area is at 4' but all the holes were at 13' when we were on site, Did anyone jump in them
:dontknow:
I can not say. The gold and silver was in the cave , anything on the other side of the drain pipe was not in the cave and should be solid earth.. I would think they used the bucket to bring up any treasure. They were not there to do a detail brush cleaning for artifacts and bones. That would cost them a lot more time and with a Indian Skeleton in the cave that would bring in more questions on how they handled this dig. I think it was more of a GRAB and RUN dig.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The paper work that the FBI gave DCNR said they were doing a Criminal Investigation at the site , Did not say treasure hunt. So were they there to solve a 150yr old theft or to see if DCNR did do things to mess up our research so we would give up and leave :BangHead: Or to see if someone remove some of the treasure.

To bring in a excavator with a jack hammer and work all night with hummers, armored trucks, military close by, 70 + FBI agents on site. All for a Criminal Investigation :dontknow: and nothing was found.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

3.) what is the pipe?
4.) is that a road bed?

Inkeddug up hillside_LI (2).jpg Ok I am going to try to answer your questions. The yellow line is the cave area . The blue line is the road drain pipe. The small red XX are the silver area 12' down and we tracked the silver back 12' into the hill side. The cave was smaller back under the hillside , say 2' or 3' wide . I think the silver was put here way before the gold. The silver and gold were in the same room we call the dome room. This would of been the living area but was caved in by dozer in 1969. The rest of the cave runs 32' to the right of the picture ( not seen ). There was 3 rooms in this cave that we knew of for 8 yrs , then we found out there was another side to this cave and that's were the Skeleton is but I can and will not show that area YET. The gold was at the yellow X 10' down. The two red X is were Enviroscan said they located gold. The entire hillside is now gone and I will show before and after pictures of it. This is were they dug down 22' and back into the hillside to get to the silver . I have video of them digging this hillside up and they said they did not have the time to do the dig. Guess what happened to all the dirt missing from the hillside :dontknow: When they opened the cave to get the silver NOW they have to back fill some of the cave and that's were it all went.

I am sure the fire pit is gone now . DCNR used a backhoe about 5yrs ago to dig a drain ditch that runs along the lower yellow line and the fire pit was in the right side of the line and 10" to 1' down with a lot of charcoal still in it and some glass and metal. I just removed enough to prove the date and left the rest for a major dig
:BangHead:
someday. DCNR did the ditch after they dug at the site, I think it was to hide the sunken dirt from what they did, Hay I got it all on video . I got them digging the ditch to on video.

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When we scanned the site many years back there was NO METAL IN THE AREA to the right of the drain pipe. IN all the years we were scanning with a lot of equipment we never got IRON hits or readings.

What equipment were you using?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What equipment were you using?

I have a GPL and it is my #1 tool I been using for 10 yrs, we own a 2 box, 3 long range locators, many hand held detectors, had GPR on site , Dowsing Rods, and more. WE had a lot of 3/4" copper pins and rods from 16" to 12' long down in the ground for the GPL. Then we drop snake cams down the core holes .

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, will be watching for additional info soon.

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding the 13' trench depth and cave-in/shoring...Considering the time of year in PA, wouldn't the ground still be frozen? Could that be why they had the jackhammer? I don't know what kind of winter Dent's Run had last year.

Thanks for continuing to post, FK. Even despite all the flak you've gotten here.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the infighting will end when all the naysayers are banned from TreasureNet :coffee2:

trust me, I'm getting close :unhappysmiley:

you wouldn't be openly admitting to unequal application of the rules would you jeff? Once again that sounds an awful lot like you are. Might want to reword that to rule breakers not naysayers. Not agreeing with finders keeper is not the same as breaking rules.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you wouldn't be openly admitting to unequal application of the rules would you jeff? Once again that sounds an awful lot like you are. Might want to reword that to rule breakers not naysayers. Not agreeing with finders keeper is not the same as breaking rules.

Thanks for your Opinion ! I'll change it to Rule Breaking Nay Sayers
Just for you :coffee2:

Naysayers are Rule breakers when they Come in to Attack.

we have Thousands of Members here, The majority, Don't Care,
Don't Believe OR Just respect the Rules & don't come in to Argue.
the Rules Clearly state TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

Colonial78

Nov 23, 2018
New England
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Naysayers are Rule breakers when they Come in to Attack.
\

ONLY ON THIS DENT'S RUN TOPIC !

You are taking this way to personal. Too much emotion involved when your defending your FRIEND!!!! Your not winning any popularity contests........

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
\

ONLY ON THIS DENT'S RUN TOPIC !

You are taking this way to personal. Too much emotion involved when your defending your FRIEND!!!! Your not winning any popularity contests........

FK is as Much a Friend as I Like to think all Members here are.
I Know there are a few of You who Do not like me. It's Human Nature.
I Never Met FK ! I Never Talked to Him. Threads that get as Much attention , Get my Attention.
I Know he also believes in Knight's Templars which I Don't.
But I Don't go Attacking him for Believing in them.

If you have a Thread & are being attacked Get my attention :coffee2:

I'm here for All

But I'm not going to allow attacks when I See them.
and right now this is the topic that gets the Most Reports of attacks
from Rule Breakers !

F.Y.I. consider yourself privileged so far.
Your Post & This conversation is a Rule Breaker Also:
I Should have Deleted your Post on Site instead of Playing here !
IN GENERAL
Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, denegration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!

Respect our moderators. Our moderators are tasked with keeping TreasureNet family friendly, on topic, and civil. Not always an easy task. Insults, and personal attacks against our moderators will not be tolerated and may be grounds for account deletion and banning. If you've posted something, and it disappears, don't make a big deal out of it in another post! (You've probably violated some rule below!)

Keep the discussion civil, respectful and on topic. (This is a family friendly website!)
http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

Last edited:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Jeff with all due respect I do have a question. I've been away for a bit so I'll be the first to admit that I may have missed any changes that could have occurred around here to the chain of command. Buttt... I see you posting warnings, then TH jumps into it.. then TNMountains locks it, then it's unlocked again... So I have to ask.. WHO is sailing this ship ? It certainly makes it way more confusing than it needs to be when you all pig pile on one thread and don't all handle it the same way. It certainly makes it seem that y'all can't agree on how to handle these things or at least don't discuss it among yourselves. Apologies if my question is out of line.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regarding the 13' trench depth and cave-in/shoring...Considering the time of year in PA, wouldn't the ground still be frozen? Could that be why they had the jackhammer? I don't know what kind of winter Dent's Run had last year.

Thanks for continuing to post, FK. Even despite all the flak you've gotten here.

HI TN13, To get into the back part of the cave that is under the hillside , you need a jack hammer because the bedrock is still in place. This is were the silver was located . The FBI dug up the road area to get to the two targets that Enviroscan located and our gold location because it was a easy dig. The road area above the cave was caved in back in 1969 when a dozer built the road. They dump a lot of sand stone and clay in this area so it was easy to dig. We drilled through 10' of bedrock to go down through this part of the cave and the hillside would add another 4' to 6' of bedrock. Why the FBI went down 13' at both holes does not make sense. If the scan showed metal at 3' to 4' under in the first hole , WHY dig 13' down
:icon_scratch: and yes this area would cave in because its just fill. I was not on site for most of the digging , we figure of the 2 days of digging they allowed us on site for 1 1/2 hr TOTAL.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff with all due respect I do have a question. I've been away for a bit so I'll be the first to admit that I may have missed any changes that could have occurred around here to the chain of command. Buttt... I see you posting warnings, then TH jumps into it.. then TNMountains locks it, then it's unlocked again... So I have to ask.. WHO is sailing this ship ? It certainly makes it way more confusing than it needs to be when you all pig pile on one thread and don't all handle it the same way. It certainly makes it seem that y'all can't agree on how to handle these things or at least don't discuss it among yourselves. Apologies if my question is out of line.

When I get frustrated with the Speed of Reports/attacks, I Put up a Warning.

in my opinion all moderators are equal.
we all have our own way of handling things.
I don't speak for others.

we do discuss things, but never dictate.

I'D guess if you see us all in, odds are someone is in deep trouble !
or getting praised

Last edited:
OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of great members on this site but there are a few that say they don't believe in what I post is real:dontknow: or do they know what I am posting is real and they do everything they can to stop me and get this site shut down :BangHead: .

Think about it , would DCNR or the FBI want this info to come out . Don't you think they would do anything they can to make this happen. Hay in 3 days we will see pictures that show proof that they lie to us and everyone about this dig, Found Nothing , YA:tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jeff and I were in same thread at same time addressing the problem neither of us knew the other was in thread. Many times there are more than one mod in a thread addressing an issue at same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread