Winner takes the pot

Nevada Prospector

Aug 16, 2017
Southern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Etc, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Other
When I hunt with my friends we sometimes put a few dollars in a pot and the winner for the day takes the pot. We decide on the rules which are usually Gold is #one, Silver #2, Various relics find their place, Etc. When we nugget hunt it goes by nugget weight or a meteorite trumps everything. It depends on the group on what we anti up. Newer guys we are nice to and say one or two dollars. Veterans we go with $5 or more. Really whatever everyone decides on. It's just for fun and we sometimes have to haggle over who has the best relic. Such as does a horse shoe beat an ax head? It use to be common to find horse shoes but in the last few years they aren't so common. Do y'all do something similar? Please post your ideas on the subject of how you do group hunts.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You win what you dig, just hunting with good friends is reward enough. No incentive needed to detect, us guys are all competitive by nature even without a pot, but some pot is good during the breaks.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I might as well just hand my partner the money, he pulls the best stuff out of the air almost every single time!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't do pots when detecting but did one once on our annual salmon trip in a northern Michigan river. We decided never to do it again when I saw upstream, one of our guys that hired a guide was playing a very large salmon and insisted the guide wade across the river to net it. He said to the guide," we're having a contest to see who can land the most salmon!"

I watched the guide go over the top of his waders and he had to swim back to shore as he exclaimed, "Dam contest!"

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting concept! :occasion14:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You win what you dig, just hunting with good friends is reward enough. No incentive needed to detect, us guys are all competitive by nature even without a pot, but some pot is good during the breaks.
Back from being banned for six months, I always enjoy your great interesting comments.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread