Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: UFO sightings ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    Whites V3i, Whites MX5, Fisher F22
    406 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Now we live out in the country almost no neighbors (farm community) and we see planes flying over our house all the time from Indy to Louisville but I had never seen anything like this to the east of your house. The neighbor told me on really clear nights if the Cincinnati airport is unusually busy and backed up they will have commercial planes circle the airport before they can land and they will line up with their landing gear lights on (This light is so bright you don't see the blinking lights) and so 5 or 6 planes can appear to be really close and low and one large object hovering in the sky, but actually it is very far away. Perfect explanation for what looked kinda like the pic above and blew my mind. Now we live like 90 minutes from that airport!
    RTR, Rebel - KGC, Davers and 3 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8779 times
    Thanks guys.As a retired member of the USAF.And with years working (on the flight-lines) of USAF bases worldwide .What we saw was NOT made by man.I know the sounds and flight capabilities of rotor blade & fixed wing ACFT...and this was neither.

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    406 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TN13 View Post
    @eman

When you say "each light disappeared...", do you mean they went out as if someone was shutting them off? Or did they each take off or fly away? Because my friend's account involved the lights "going out" one at a time. He said they couldn't see anything between the lights but the were clearly a group and moved together.
    Yes, It was like each light just went away about 1 or 2 seconds after the other one. This happens because each plane turns to head in to land and disappears from the direction it was facing. It's like turning a flashlight 90 degrees.

Feb 2018
    61 times
    @RTR
    But you weren't exposed or had clearance for "top secret" programs? I'm not saying that is what you saw but there are some crazy technologies being developed that nobody knows a thing about.
    RTR, Rebel - KGC, Davers and 2 others like this.

Feb 2018
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eman1000 View Post
    Yes, It was like each light just went away about 1 or 2 seconds after the other one. This happens because each plane turns to head in to land and disappears from the direction it was facing. It's like turning a flashlight 90 degrees.
    Ah. My friend's encounter involved the lights right over their head, hovering and then going out one at a time. And they don't live anywhere near an airport.

Charter Member
    us
    Travis Mitchell

Feb 2016
    Elizabethtown, IN
    406 times
    @RTR
    But you weren't exposed or had clearance for "top secret" programs? I'm not saying that is what you saw but there are some crazy technologies being developed that nobody knows a thing about.
    Good point - We have Osprey's fly very low over our house at night now for training exercises and if a person didn't know what they were I could see where they would think its was a UFO or some top secret plane.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    8779 times
    @eman

When you say "each light disappeared...", do you mean they went out as if someone was shutting them off? Or did they each take off or fly away? Because my friend's account involved the lights "going out" one at a time. He said they couldn't see anything between the lights but the were clearly a group and moved together. But his lights were right overhead and were not moving, just hovering.
    Post # 12 is my wife's account.From My position on our front porch(w/camera in hand) as the lights came over our home I could see through the center of the lights. And they were Emitting a strange, constant, low, humming noise .Unlike ANY aircraft I've ever been around.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    8779 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eman1000 View Post
    Good point - We have Osprey's fly very low over our house at night now for training exercises and if a person didn't know what they were I could see where they would think its was a UFO or some top secret plane.
    One problem, Osprey's came out later ........Date of this incident was 1988
    Last edited by RTR; Mar 13, 2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Rebel - KGC, A2coins, SD51 and 1 others like this.

Feb 2018
    61 times
    Check out Jeff of PA's link on the first page of this thread. It is an extensive database that you can search by date or location. Check that out to see if people near you had the same experience.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    8779 times
    @RTR
    No not "top secret" just "secret" was my clearance held.
    Rebel - KGC, A2coins and SD51 like this.

Jun 2007
    13298 times
    2 kinds of Crafts... OLD ones are TIME MACHINES (that fly off); NEW ones are TIME/SPACE MACHINES, materialize, then de-materialize ("blink in/out"). TEN dimensions in "our" Universe, & SCIENCE is even posturlating ELEVEN Dimensions. Ponder on THAT, awhile... A MULTI-VERSE!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Mar 13, 2019 at 01:26 PM.
    Davers, A2coins and SD51 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    8779 times
    Another slightly redacted page from MUFON form Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	1690472
    Rebel - KGC, A2coins and SD51 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    8779 times
    see the dog leg maneuver the UFO took just when the aircraft approached it (bottom left corner)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	1690475
    Davers, A2coins and SD51 like this.

Feb 2018
    61 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    2 kinds of Crafts... OLD ones are TIME MACHINES (that fly off); NEW ones are TIME/SPACE MACHINES, materialize, then de-materialize ("blink in/out"). TEN dimensions in "our" Universe, & SCIENCE is even posturlating ELEVEN Dimensions. Ponder on THAT, awhile... A MULTI-VERSE!
    It's been a while but I have a physics degree and sure, there are crazy things that math and physics say are possible. But very little of it has been observed by the naked eye.

us
    Aug 2011
    ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
    1092 times
    One sighting I had:

In the late 90s at 4 PM est during summer months on a day with with a clear blue sky, I was running to my car because I was late for work. The area I lived in at the time is heavily populated. As I fumbled for the keys I heard a hiss like air escaping. I looked straight up and had a clear view of what appeared to be an all white stealth bomber. It was close enough I could make out detail like ridges and bumps. It made a sharp circular turn that seemed to me impossible as the plane did not bank. The hiss sound was very quiet. If there was a car coming down the street I wouldn't of heard it.

I don't know if such a craft exists. Perhaps someone on here can clarify for me.
    RTR, Davers, A2coins and 1 others like this.
    Bucket list still needed:
    • Silver thimble
    • Spanish silver
    • seated half
    • flying eagle
    • early copper
    • 1700's coin
    • 1600's coin
    • silver 3 cent piece
    • nickel 3 cent piece
    • seated quarter
    • capped bust silver