Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree384Likes

Thread: UFO sightings ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    23288 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Very interesting thread!
    RTR, A2coins and SD51 like this.

Charter Member

Sep 2014
    Midwest, North of 36į60'
    4559 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I saw a UFO, a couple times, but no little green men. Saw this red light shooting up into the night air about a mile away and then start making rectangular shaped patterns in the sky. Did not seem to make any noise. Come to find out a few weeks later that a neighbor a mile or so down the road had purchased a small kit helicopter and installed a landing pad on his roof! Just making night flights. But for a couple weeks we were stumped.
    Davers, A2coins and SD51 like this.
    Liberty is the Freedom to do the next Right thing.

In God We Trust

us
    Retired Air Force E-8

Aug 2012
    Columbus, Ms.
    Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
    527 times
    Coin and Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Worked 20 years in an air traffic control tower in various locations, both day and night shifts. Never did see anything that could not be explained.
    "If it's not where you're looking, look someplace else!"

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11320 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    One problem, Osprey's came out later ........Date of this incident was 1988

Osprey, yes. Bell XV-3 in 1955, Canadair CL-84 1965 , Bell XV-15 in 1977.

As a kid I saw a tilt wing vertical airplane take off at the 1967 Montreal World's Fair. Bell XV-22/D2127

A2coins, Kray Gelder and SD51 like this.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    9388 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie P. (NY) View Post
    Osprey, yes. Bell XV-3 in 1955, Canadair CL-84 1965 , Bell XV-15 in 1977.

As a kid I saw a tilt wing vertical airplane take off at the 1967 Montreal World's Fair. Bell XV-22/D2127

LOL REALLY LOL.....So now your telling me this is what we saw ?REALLY ? Two hundred feet directly above my home ? IF that were the case why did MUFON classify the photos as "Unidentified" ?
    And being from upstate NY (Hudson valley region)
    Here ya go tell these 7,000 people >> https://www.amazon.com/Night-Siege-H.../dp/B0036DD2LC
    Last edited by RTR; Mar 13, 2019 at 02:32 PM.
    Davers, A2coins and SD51 like this.

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5890 times
    Sure, sighting was on the night of 2/25/88.I reported it to MUFON shortly after that.They sent out an investigator to our home on 3/7/88 who spent 4 hrs. w/us going over what we saw.I took a hand full of 35 mm (film shots) of the UFO .I made copies for the investigator to take w/him for further scrutiny,(keeping the negatives for myself). Later we heard back from them that the object was indeed unidentified. At that time in upstate NY UFO sightings were so common that project Blue Book set up a office in our county.Here is a drawing from page 8 of our report.Attachment 1690371
    Cool.

The Hudson Valley was 'Mother Ship ' Central for a good bit of the mid & late 1980's.

I would have love to have been there ...I think
    A2coins, RTR and SD51 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5890 times
    LOL REALLY LOL.....So now your telling me this is what we saw ?REALLY ? Two hundred feet directly above my home ? IF that were the case why did MUFON classify the photos as "Unidentified" ?
    And being from upstate NY (Hudson valley region)
    That thing looks 'LOUD'!

Really tho , the whole Hudson Valley was a bunch of guys flying 'Silenced " Ultralights in formation .
    Last edited by Davers; Mar 13, 2019 at 02:34 PM.
    A2coins and SD51 like this.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    9388 times
    click on the book to look inside >>> https://www.amazon.com/Night-Siege-H...der_B0036DD2LC

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5890 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eman1000 View Post
    RTR
    I had a sighting about 10 years ago. My wife and I were going to take the baby for a ride and left are house after dark. We were just on the next road from our house and out my drivers windows we both saw 5 huge bright lights that looked like they were only a few hundred feet off the ground and just hovering. I knew it wasn't a plane because it was massive and stretched across what looked like 2 football fields in length. We watched it hover as we slowly drove by and then just like that each light disappeared and it was gone! We drove around but couldn't find it. My wife refused to talk about it but I contacted MUFON that night because I was blown away. I've lived next to a military base growing up and went to Ft. Benning for Airborne and I had no idea. I looked up videos online and there were pictures just like what I saw. I told my neighbor and he saw the same thing and said he was freaked out the first time he saw it as well but he knew exaclty what it was. Attachment 1690458
    Ft Benning Ha, Pretty close to home , as you you may know Gov, then President Carter reported one while on the campaign
    trail in the 1970's .

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5890 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eman1000 View Post
    Now we live out in the country almost no neighbors (farm community) and we see planes flying over our house all the time from Indy to Louisville but I had never seen anything like this to the east of your house. The neighbor told me on really clear nights if the Cincinnati airport is unusually busy and backed up they will have commercial planes circle the airport before they can land and they will line up with their landing gear lights on (This light is so bright you don't see the blinking lights) and so 5 or 6 planes can appear to be really close and low and one large object hovering in the sky, but actually it is very far away. Perfect explanation for what looked kinda like the pic above and blew my mind. Now we live like 90 minutes from that airport!
    True indeed.

Planes will circle over East AL West NW GA, while waiting to land at ATL International , the landing lights are bright while they circle (a huge Circle ) but the only time I've seen then lining up is when I'm at the airport (you can see 6-7 or more lining up then at the rear another will appear.
    While circling the landing light will be super bright , but usually dims within a few Min & you can see the other lights on the plane.

There is so much info / opinions & dis- info out there on this subject almost any answer to what UFO's or USO's are ; I would not be surprised by any explanation put fourth.

I do have my own theories that go from advanced 'Earthly' tech , To Aliens being Demonic....as "there is nothing new under the Sun " .
    A2coins likes this.

Davers

us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    5890 times

"Flashy Thingy"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Worm View Post
    Worked 20 years in an air traffic control tower in various locations, both day and night shifts. Never did see anything that could not be explained.
    Bet they used one on you (like in the movie Men in Black)

Hey you never know
    A2coins and b3y0nd3r like this.

Davers

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23967 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarsonChris View Post
    I saw one in 93 or 94 on Christmas Eve. It was a glowing ball of red light hovering over a river. I called one of my friends that lived nearby and told him to look out the back of his house. As this thing was red and on Xmas eve he said it was Rudolph. He looked out and saw it. It was also reported as being seen by local PD. Art Bell had people call in about it. I didnít think about reporting it to MUFON. There was nothing visible other than the glowing red orb. No mechanical shape or metal. Watched it steadily move from above the river up a mountainside until it disappeared in clouds.
    Love Art Bell I still listen to his old shows and coast to coast every night
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    23967 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Check out Arts parts show about Roswell
    SD51 likes this.
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

MCX
    us
    https://www.talesfromthedesert.com/

Apr 2018
    NV
    46 times
    Sure, sighting was on the night of 2/25/88.I reported it to MUFON shortly after that.They sent out an investigator to our home on 3/7/88 who spent 4 hrs. w/us going over what we saw.I took a hand full of 35 mm (film shots) of the UFO .I made copies for the investigator to take w/him for further scrutiny,(keeping the negatives for myself). Later we heard back from them that the object was indeed unidentified. At that time in upstate NY UFO sightings were so common that project Blue Book set up a office in our county.Here is a drawing from page 8 of our report.Attachment 1690371
    Project Blue Book shut down in 1969?
    SD51 and A2coins like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    9388 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MCX View Post
    Project Blue Book shut down in 1969?
    Yeah,so ? https://www.history.com/news/ufo-sig...ject-blue-book
    SD51 and A2coins like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links