Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One problem, Osprey's came out later ........Date of this incident was 1988
Not really a problem. We used to sit out on the porch White Hills Arizona (mid 60s on) and watch lights zipping around, doing the sharp 90 degree turns, dive like they were going to crash & shoot straight up. Back then we didn't know anything about area 51 etc. Just knew Nellis was that a way. The stuff we observed then was like what was being reported in the 80s & 90s. One thing to remember, what stealth, different propulsion etc we see now the govt is 20+ years ahead. Plus adding in seeing missile launches at Vandenberg that looked like they were just over Lake Mead. I'd bet if you went out there or up on Mt. Charleston you'd have a good shot at seeing stuff in the sky.

My theory? 85% ours 15% ??????

Joshbiz

May 2, 2014
Sugar Hill, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool.

The Hudson Valley was 'Mother Ship ' Central for a good bit of the mid & late 1980's.

I would have love to have been there ...I think :icon_scratch:

Wait was this the one that sat over the Kingston Rhinebeck bridge. I did see that as well but from a far with my father and grandmother. It was huge and we had no idea what it was.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL REALLY LOL.....So now your telling me this is what we saw ?REALLY ? Two hundred feet directly above my home ? IF that were the case why did MUFON classify the photos as "Unidentified" ?

Not saying that at all. Saying VTOL aircraft other than heliopters have been around since before 1988.

I have no opinion on what people think they saw. Something they could not identify at ant point above the ground = UFO.

Until we catch one there is no evidence they are "extraterrestrial" - as they were spotted above Terra and that would be good evidence that they also started there.

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would like to share with you a story of a UFO that myself and 100’s of others witnessed in May of 1997 over Oneida Lake NY. The event if you can imagine was an almost carbon copy of the Phoenix lights seen in AZ. a few months back, in fact one of the formations was identical to what was seen in Phoenix AZ.

We witnessed lights following the same type of formation as the Phoenix lights forming different patterns in the night sky, any where from 3 lights up to 12 and it took place over the course of 2 nights. My family and I video taped over 3 hours of footage, which was featured on a local news report, researchers tried to get the tape on the show Fox’s Greatest Ufo’s ever recorded produced by Kiviat studios, MUFON did an extensive report which I have attached, I also will put links to the videos and news cast below that are now uploaded to Youtube.

The lights were actually so bright that people in Ogdensburg NY ( 3 hours away) witnessed the event.. that’s an extremely bright light!!!!! A quick excerpt from the original MUFON report shows how amazed the MUFON reporters were:

“What they videotaped to the “Phoenix formations” (they viewed it on the internet) and when a copy of their tape was sent to a veteran UFO investigator Bill Hamilton and Tom King in Phoenix, they were astounded at the quality and duration of the Granoski sightings. The signature formation (ed. About 7 lights in a row) from the Granoski tape matches almost exactly the “signature formation from Phoenix and has astounded all parties who have studied it (including former NASA scientist Richard Hoagland) with its similarity. Veteran investigator Tom King even suggested that the tape was so good that he brought it to the attention of Robert Kiviat Productions.”

After the event, a black helicopter was seen by over 6 people flying up and down the area over houses, it had no marking, a large disk like device on the bottom of it and black tinted windows, and when it flew over the houses it caused electronics in the house to go crazy. A call to local military / airbases claimed — you guessed it — that no helicopters were in the area, especially ones without markings and all black, it was estimated that the helicopter was about 200 feet about the tree line.

About a week after the tape got out and news reports hit, I had an extremely odd experience in my home, where I awoke to a gentleman standing next to the bed. I estimated him to be about 6 1/2 foot tall, wearing a top hat looking hat, black and white striped dress shirt and black pants —he was saying you know what I want, you know what I want… when I asked what he was talking about he said the tape… during this whole encounter I felt very calm almost sedated and had no fear, when he heard our dog stir down the hall he immediately ran out of the house, I gave chase and when I reached the door, I felt like I had snapped out of a trance like state and was not sure if what i encountered was real or not.

Eventually that summer I became extremely ill… no diagnosis could be confirmed for what I had, I began to get jaundice and weak, sharp pains in my side and doctors were baffled by what was effecting me. After a week of blood work the doctor was considering admitting me to the hospital for further testing… I was taking a shower (I was about 20 yrs old at the time) getting ready to go to the hospital and when I got out of the shower, in the mirror of my bathroom, if you can imagine a steamed up mirror was a perfectly un-steamed 1/2 face of a grey alien, the rest of the mirror was foggy, I ran out of the bathroom, my windows were opened and the blinds were slamming back and forth and remember collapsing, I then later got up got ready, completely shaken by the event and my mom drove me to the hospital, where the doctors said my jaundice had cleared, blood levels had returned and I was 100% better for what they could see… sent me home and never had any more problems.

My dad after the viewing of the UFOs also had loud humming noises emitting from his ears and a weird vibration sensation take over his body numerous occasions after the event happened.

Original first run Fox News 68 of the sighting

Roundtable discussion of the event

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've spent a lot of time over the years looking at the sky. Had a telescope at one time, don't remember what happened to it.

I've never seen anything I suspected as a UFO.

MCX

Apr 21, 2018
NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just confused by your quote stating that Project Blue Book setup an office in your county, when the beginning of your account takes place 19 years after Blue Book shutdown (1969 vs 1988). It kinda' read like you were saying Blue Book setup an office in 1988, guessing that's not what you meant?

UFO sightings in the Hudson Valley were 'common place' before 69 (that's why project blue book ) came to town. My sighting had nothing to do w/them.I only dealt w/MUFON.
And the Hudson Valley is STILL a hot spot
https://wpdh.com/there-were-11-ufo-sightings-in-the-hudson-valley-in-2018/

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, budding rocket scientists, including me: Where does the light go when the light goes out?

BTW I saw a high altitude something way back in the day that moved WAY too fast for a plane, still remember, never figured it out. Could have been a ballistic missile, BUT...we're still here, so probably not.

I saw a REALLY high altitude object going WAY faster and flying WAY higher than a plane...no noise. A few nights later I realized what it was...the Space Station.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw a REALLY high altitude object going WAY faster and flying WAY higher than a plane...no noise. A few nights later I realized what it was...the Space Station.

You can see a lot of satellites in the hours just after sunset or before sunrise. Being in a higher orbit they are still in sunlight and reflect the sun's rays. It's pretty cool.

sandmartin

Feb 20, 2015
Scarborough, England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw something back in the early 80's, 1982 I think it was. I was dating a girl who lived 50 or so miles away, I used to stay over her place at the weekends and drive home early on Monday mornings ready for work. One such morning around 6am I was driving along a quiet dual carriageway, it was just starting to get light and as I was looking around at the countryside to my right I noticed a white light moving slowly towards the road a couple of hundred yards in front of me. It was pretty low, I guess around 20 feet in the air and that was what caught my attention. I slowed down until I was around 50 feet away and watched it slowly move from right to left, as soon as it reached the road it did an arch over the road then dropped to its original height. By now I have stopped the car and got out to have a closer look. It didn't seem to have a shape, it looked just like a lantern type light, it was moving real slow, around 10mph I would guess. There was no sound whatsoever. I watched it hover over the field to my left. The hairs stood up on the back of my neck, it was pretty strange feeling. I watched it for a few seconds until it eventually disappeared in the distance.
If this was the present day I would immediately think drone, but this was 1982. To this day I still can't think what it was.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your a fisherman.....and you fish at night on a regular basis, mark my words......you will see U.F.Os. I've also seen incredible identifiable objects too. From Canaveral launches, and meteor showers to underwater submarine launched ballistic missile tests and even drug planes dropping loads with flashers on them. You can sit offshore of the keys and watch the flight traffic of south Miami international, tami Ami airport, marathon airport, keywest international, homestead airforce base, boca chica air base amongst others. Including Cuban and bahamian air space. Have I ever seen alien space craft....I dont know because I dont know what a real one looks like since none have been confirmed for Identification purposes. But last summer out by rebecca's shoal 40 miles west of keywest we saw 15 UFOs at once !! They flashed on for about 5 minutes in the northern sky and hovered in place flashing in patterns to each other for a good 3-4 minutes. Then they blinked out 3 at a time and they were gone. One of our deck hands refused to look that way and just kept saying " I dont want to look , I dont want to look" he kept his hands over his eyes until they were gone. If you want to see UFOs......then go out in the straits of Florida at night and you will see something that you won't be able to explain sooner or later. But......its the Bermuda triangle.....hell Christopher Columbus saw strange lights on his voyage to the new world.....so....its been going on awhile here.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would like to share with you a story of a UFO that myself and 100’s of others witnessed in May of 1997 over Oneida Lake NY. The event if you can imagine was an almost carbon copy of the Phoenix lights seen in AZ. a few months back, in fact one of the formations was identical to what was seen in Phoenix AZ.

We witnessed lights following the same type of formation as the Phoenix lights forming different patterns in the night sky, any where from 3 lights up to 12 and it took place over the course of 2 nights. My family and I video taped over 3 hours of footage, which was featured on a local news report, researchers tried to get the tape on the show Fox’s Greatest Ufo’s ever recorded produced by Kiviat studios, MUFON did an extensive report which I have attached, I also will put links to the videos and news cast below that are now uploaded to Youtube.

The lights were actually so bright that people in Ogdensburg NY ( 3 hours away) witnessed the event.. that’s an extremely bright light!!!!! A quick excerpt from the original MUFON report shows how amazed the MUFON reporters were:

“What they videotaped to the “Phoenix formations” (they viewed it on the internet) and when a copy of their tape was sent to a veteran UFO investigator Bill Hamilton and Tom King in Phoenix, they were astounded at the quality and duration of the Granoski sightings. The signature formation (ed. About 7 lights in a row) from the Granoski tape matches almost exactly the “signature formation from Phoenix and has astounded all parties who have studied it (including former NASA scientist Richard Hoagland) with its similarity. Veteran investigator Tom King even suggested that the tape was so good that he brought it to the attention of Robert Kiviat Productions.”

After the event, a black helicopter was seen by over 6 people flying up and down the area over houses, it had no marking, a large disk like device on the bottom of it and black tinted windows, and when it flew over the houses it caused electronics in the house to go crazy. A call to local military / airbases claimed — you guessed it — that no helicopters were in the area, especially ones without markings and all black, it was estimated that the helicopter was about 200 feet about the tree line.

About a week after the tape got out and news reports hit, I had an extremely odd experience in my home, where I awoke to a gentleman standing next to the bed. I estimated him to be about 6 1/2 foot tall, wearing a top hat looking hat, black and white striped dress shirt and black pants —he was saying you know what I want, you know what I want… when I asked what he was talking about he said the tape… during this whole encounter I felt very calm almost sedated and had no fear, when he heard our dog stir down the hall he immediately ran out of the house, I gave chase and when I reached the door, I felt like I had snapped out of a trance like state and was not sure if what i encountered was real or not.

Eventually that summer I became extremely ill… no diagnosis could be confirmed for what I had, I began to get jaundice and weak, sharp pains in my side and doctors were baffled by what was effecting me. After a week of blood work the doctor was considering admitting me to the hospital for further testing… I was taking a shower (I was about 20 yrs old at the time) getting ready to go to the hospital and when I got out of the shower, in the mirror of my bathroom, if you can imagine a steamed up mirror was a perfectly un-steamed 1/2 face of a grey alien, the rest of the mirror was foggy, I ran out of the bathroom, my windows were opened and the blinds were slamming back and forth and remember collapsing, I then later got up got ready, completely shaken by the event and my mom drove me to the hospital, where the doctors said my jaundice had cleared, blood levels had returned and I was 100% better for what they could see… sent me home and never had any more problems.

My dad after the viewing of the UFOs also had loud humming noises emitting from his ears and a weird vibration sensation take over his body numerous occasions after the event happened.

Original first run Fox News 68 of the sighting

Roundtable discussion of the event
While we're on the subject of the Phoenix Lights, how come all the stories & reports start with the lights over the valley? There were reports of the UFO coming down along the I17, making the turn, and that's where the story starts!?!? There were some reports that were plotted and it looked exactly like it came from the area of Area51, made a real gentle right bank down the West side of the I17. Didn't bookmark it & haven't been able to find the page since...... Anyone see this part of the story? Anyone seen the page/site I'm talking about?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless it’s carved in Stone?
This is a stone carving on the side of a 1700’s church... tell me what you think it looks like?
ECCE5680-F2E0-4A94-B6CC-4D4752547AC4.jpeg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent post, thanks!
If your a fisherman.....and you fish at night on a regular basis, mark my words......you will see U.F.Os. I've also seen incredible identifiable objects too. From Canaveral launches, and meteor showers to underwater submarine launched ballistic missile tests and even drug planes dropping loads with flashers on them. You can sit offshore of the keys and watch the flight traffic of south Miami international, tami Ami airport, marathon airport, keywest international, homestead airforce base, boca chica air base amongst others. Including Cuban and bahamian air space. Have I ever seen alien space craft....I dont know because I dont know what a real one looks like since none have been confirmed for Identification purposes. But last summer out by rebecca's shoal 40 miles west of keywest we saw 15 UFOs at once !! They flashed on for about 5 minutes in the northern sky and hovered in place flashing in patterns to each other for a good 3-4 minutes. Then they blinked out 3 at a time and they were gone. One of our deck hands refused to look that way and just kept saying " I dont want to look , I dont want to look" he kept his hands over his eyes until they were gone. If you want to see UFOs......then go out in the straits of Florida at night and you will see something that you won't be able to explain sooner or later. But......its the Bermuda triangle.....hell Christopher Columbus saw strange lights on his voyage to the new world.....so....its been going on awhile here.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Has anyone even considered how FAR AWAY it is to the next closest
star system?

Alpha Centauri is over 4 light years from us, so providing that an alien
race has mastered traveling at the speed of light, it's still a 4 year trip
to get here. Unfortunately, the CME's from AC are so powerful they
likely wiped out any chance for life to exist on the planets in the system.

The Milky Way galaxy is some 100,000 Light Years across...that's
an awful long trip to make, and then not even stop in for a chat
and a cup of Earthling coffee.

I absolutely believe there is other [intelligent] life in the Universe,
however I don't believe they're flitting all over our planet in the
form of odd appearing lights.

Iridium flares are quite common now, considering the number of
satellites and left over space parts that are orbiting the Earth.

Not saying it never happened...but it sure isn't logical.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I live about 8 miles from the location of this sighting near Dexter, Michigan in 1966. I didn't live here then but last year I spoke with a Dexter resident who said he had his sister drive him and a friend to an adjacent property so they could hike back in to the area the day after the sighting.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...70BDED7D718AB8AF17F570BDED7D718AB8A&FORM=VIRE

Northern Wisconsin during this time period there was an out break of sightings. I was only 6 and remember the older relatives all worked up and kept us smaller kids inside. Years later we found the old newspaper article about the wide area of sightings.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
Unless it’s carved in Stone?
This is a stone carving on the side of a 1700’s church... tell me what you think it looks like?
View attachment 1691521

Charlie? Tom? Carl? What I thought. No skeptic here will touch that.

As for the closest star, travel distance, and those type of obstacles, our concept of space travel may be radically different from their concept. If they can manipulate gravity, then all bets are off.

Also, aliens(as in non-earth beings) may have come from different times, different dimensions as well as different planets. They may also reach a stage of evolution where things like malice, curiosity, or other human emotions are of no concern to them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread