UFO sightings ?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Charlie? Tom? Carl? What I thought. No skeptic here will touch that.

As for the closest star, travel distance, and those type of obstacles, our concept of space travel may be radically different from their concept. If they can manipulate gravity, then all bets are off.

Also, aliens(as in non-earth beings) may have come from different times, different dimensions as well as different planets. They may also reach a stage of evolution where things like malice, curiosity, or other human emotions are of no concern to them.

Yep. Got your back. Old cathedral (Salamanca, Spain) but modern restoration of damaged areas. The astronaut was added in 1992.

Built between 1513 and 1733, the Gothic cathedral underwent restoration work in 1992. It is a generally a tradition of cathedral builders and restorers to add details or new carvings to the facade as a sort of signature. In this case after conferring with the cathedral, quarry man Jeronimo Garcia was given the go-ahead to add some more modern images to the facade. He included an astronaut floating among the vines, a dragon eating ice cream, a lynx, a bull, a stork, a rabbit, and a crayfish.

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/cathedral-of-salamancas-astronaut

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

As for the closest star, travel distance, and those type of obstacles, our concept of space travel may be radically different from their concept. If they can manipulate gravity, then all bets are off.

Also, aliens(as in non-earth beings) may have come from different times, different dimensions as well as different planets. They may also reach a stage of evolution where things like malice, curiosity, or other human emotions are of no concern to them.

Charlie beat me to it..

From Snopes: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/a-spanish-mystery/

"The astronaut figure dates not from the 12th century or the 16th century or even the 18th century, but from 1992, and we know both who put it there and why: The New Cathedral was undergoing restoration work during that period, and one of the artisans engaged in the project chose to engage in a bit of tradition by “signing” his work with a contemporary symbol representative of the 20th century: an astronaut."

If they are manipulating gravity and opening controlled wormholes,
then yes, they could have been here in the past, or even now.

Without empirical evidence, the best we can do is...assumption and presumption.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
See! This is how you debunk things! Now why can't you do this with OI?

Because the cathedral and sculpture exist. If they didn't exist I could not have researched the repair work.

Because there has never been a treasure, or major excavation on Oak Island prior to the work of treasure hunters, I have nothing to use as proof that nothing happened. Because it never happened. You cannot prove something never happened. Because no evidence was left behind.

And, so far the 29 "recovery attempts" from 1795 to present bear out the continued non-existence of anything man-made buried at depth on the island. Current crew are just finding junk left by prior drilling and excavations and normal shore-side activity of 200 plus years.

Last edited:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Art Bell I still listen to his old shows and coast to coast every night

Loved Mr , Bell & his Cat's / wife who passed years ago, I basically quit listening in 2002 ( I quit a-lot of things back then including detecting ) + my AM station was to static-y at that time.

Ghost to ghost, Mel's Hole, + so many other crazy topics , Richard Dolan is my 'Go To UFO, Conspiracy Guy along with Tracy his Wife.

I miss Art's Cool voice , George Norrie is OK , LMH is getting Jim Mars / John Leer out there , but still like her , FWIW.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait was this the one that sat over the Kingston Rhinebeck bridge. I did see that as well but from a far with my father and grandmother. It was huge and we had no idea what it was.

Most likely one of the nights 'UAF' was seen , stories abound of traffic being stopped on major roads as people watched.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a REALLY high altitude object going WAY faster and flying WAY higher than a plane...no noise. A few nights later I realized what it was...the Space Station.

Yea the ISS is the 3-4th brightest (in Space ) light that can be seen in the night sky , behind the Sun , Moon , Venus ...tho Venus & the Space Station are pretty close in brightness 'Magnitude ' .

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait was this the one that sat over the Kingston Rhinebeck bridge. I did see that as well but from a far with my father and grandmother. It was huge and we had no idea what it was.

Look up / youtube ' Linda Zimmerson ' she is highly educated on the events in the Hudson Valley.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How long ago was it we were jumping on wagons and spending weeks just to travel across a few states? And we consider ourselves advanced!?!?! I've got a theory on why aliens haven't shown up here much. It'd be like throwing the kids in the car and driving to So. Central L.A. for vacation. Would you want to come here?

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look up / youtube ' Linda Zimmerson ' she is highly educated on the events in the Hudson Valley.

Speaking of her what happened to her video...see comments

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had to be Minelab obsoleting all other aircrafts!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of her what happened to her video...see comments

I see , it quits at 20? min, as I just stated on the youtube comments ,I know that I have seen that 2015 talk in full in the past 'ill guess 16 months. Maybe by going through Mufon ???

BTY Her Martin Willis Pod Cast appearances have much the same info & I enjoyed them Mr, Willis is a normal & down to Earth kinda guy . He is a Antique Appraiser that had a sighting & got interested in the subject .

Me I've never had an unexplained sighting ...yet.

GD

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spend time in the San Luis Valley, which would be the place if you were ever gonna see a UFO. Never saw any, so far. Had some US military craft fly over so low the backwash flattened out our tent one night. I talk to a guy down there every so often and he has seen some strange things, but he's convinced they're our military, but just not anything in current use. I think the cattle mutilations might just be a little overrated, but some people believe they have other worldly or secret cult connections.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job debunking the astronaut on the 1700 church building. It got me a little worried seeing that.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've read books that claim the technology of fiber optics and kevlar were rooted from the Roswell "crash".

I think it is strange that we have IQ numbers dropping yet our technology is expanding. I'm sure I'll catch hell for saying this but I think it's all demonic infuenced.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've read books that claim the technology of fiber optics and kevlar were rooted from the Roswell "crash".

I think it is strange that we have IQ numbers dropping yet our technology is expanding. I'm sure I'll catch hell for saying this but I think it's all demonic infuenced.

The woman who invented Kevlar just died five years ago. She invented it in 1965 as a replacement to the steel bands used in tires (that often snapped). Not really alien - she lived in Wilmington, Delaware.

Fibre optics go back to 1842 in Paris, France.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other

Yep! No! All developed right here on good old planet earth.
Fingers on the keyboard instead of a real education. Your demons are the distractions in this world.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sadly I'm not sure the world's IQ is dropping. Just the US.

When I went to college half of my Calculus class were Saudi. Now the Chinese are availing themselves of our colleges.

We're busy berating the teachers because our kids are unprepared when they start school and think they are entitled when they should not have that attitude.

It's not aliens or conspiracies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread