Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm curious, anyone else here have a sighting and reported it to MUFON ? Page 2 of our 9 page report. 002.JPG

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen one yet. Can you give more details on your sighting?

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen one yet. Can you give more details on your sighting?

Sure, sighting was on the night of 2/25/88.I reported it to MUFON shortly after that.They sent out an investigator to our home on 3/7/88 who spent 4 hrs. w/us going over what we saw.I took a hand full of 35 mm (film shots) of the UFO .I made copies for the investigator to take w/him for further scrutiny,(keeping the negatives for myself). Later we heard back from them that the object was indeed unidentified. At that time in upstate NY UFO sightings were so common that project Blue Book set up a office in our county.Here is a drawing from page 8 of our report. 010.JPG

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I'm wondering is, with today's technology if more detail/info could be gleamed from the negatives ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
What's the best metal detector that a UFO alien can buy for $500. Is probably the md'ing related question at stake here.

Philvis

Mar 24, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
What I'm wondering is, with today's technology if more detail/info could be gleamed from the negatives ?
You definitely can get those negatives scanned with higher resolution nowadays. May be worth doing just to see.

CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one in 93 or 94 on Christmas Eve. It was a glowing ball of red light hovering over a river. I called one of my friends that lived nearby and told him to look out the back of his house. As this thing was red and on Xmas eve he said it was Rudolph. He looked out and saw it. It was also reported as being seen by local PD. Art Bell had people call in about it. I didn’t think about reporting it to MUFON. There was nothing visible other than the glowing red orb. No mechanical shape or metal. Watched it steadily move from above the river up a mountainside until it disappeared in clouds.

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the best metal detector that a UFO alien can buy for $500. Is probably the md'ing related question at stake here.

Keep your jokes I've heard them all .

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A partial account of the incident, as filed w/MUFON . 003.JPG 004.JPG

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never seen anything but I have family and close friends who have very clearly seen things that are not of any known earthly origin. My uncle and his family, a life long best friend and his parents (separate events which is weird) and another friend. None of these people are "storytellers" or crave attention as part of their personalities. So it definitely gives me pause. My uncle and his family didn't like to talk about it because of the ridicule they were getting.

The latest was just a couple years ago the life long friend and his teenage daughter. They both saw the same thing. It was fairly simple and not extravagant in any way but they both saw it. They also both say they have a hard time remembering it clearly, almost like trying to remember a dream. But it was early dusk and they were out in their car. My friend isn't certain it was of alien origin and wants to believe it was some kind of military or secret gov't technology. But the way he describes it doesn't sound at all like that. He is not otherwise into any conspiracy theories or the like. I consider his very honest, to a fault sometimes.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RTR
I had a sighting about 10 years ago. My wife and I were going to take the baby for a ride and left are house after dark. We were just on the next road from our house and out my drivers windows we both saw 5 huge bright lights that looked like they were only a few hundred feet off the ground and just hovering. I knew it wasn't a plane because it was massive and stretched across what looked like 2 football fields in length. We watched it hover as we slowly drove by and then just like that each light disappeared and it was gone! We drove around but couldn't find it. My wife refused to talk about it but I contacted MUFON that night because I was blown away. I've lived next to a military base growing up and went to Ft. Benning for Airborne and I had no idea. I looked up videos online and there were pictures just like what I saw. I told my neighbor and he saw the same thing and said he was freaked out the first time he saw it as well but he knew exaclty what it was. UFO.jpg

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@eman

When you say "each light disappeared...", do you mean they went out as if someone was shutting them off? Or did they each take off or fly away? Because my friend's account involved the lights "going out" one at a time. He said they couldn't see anything between the lights but the were clearly a group and moved together. But his lights were right overhead and were not moving, just hovering.

Last edited:

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now we live out in the country almost no neighbors (farm community) and we see planes flying over our house all the time from Indy to Louisville but I had never seen anything like this to the east of your house. The neighbor told me on really clear nights if the Cincinnati airport is unusually busy and backed up they will have commercial planes circle the airport before they can land and they will line up with their landing gear lights on (This light is so bright you don't see the blinking lights) and so 5 or 6 planes can appear to be really close and low and one large object hovering in the sky, but actually it is very far away. Perfect explanation for what looked kinda like the pic above and blew my mind. Now we live like 90 minutes from that airport!

OP
OP
RTR

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.As a retired member of the USAF.And with years working (on the flight-lines) of USAF bases worldwide .What we saw was NOT made by man.I know the sounds and flight capabilities of rotor blade & fixed wing ACFT...and this was neither.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@eman

When you say "each light disappeared...", do you mean they went out as if someone was shutting them off? Or did they each take off or fly away? Because my friend's account involved the lights "going out" one at a time. He said they couldn't see anything between the lights but the were clearly a group and moved together.

Yes, It was like each light just went away about 1 or 2 seconds after the other one. This happens because each plane turns to head in to land and disappears from the direction it was facing. It's like turning a flashlight 90 degrees.

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@RTR
But you weren't exposed or had clearance for "top secret" programs? I'm not saying that is what you saw but there are some crazy technologies being developed that nobody knows a thing about.

TN13

Feb 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, It was like each light just went away about 1 or 2 seconds after the other one. This happens because each plane turns to head in to land and disappears from the direction it was facing. It's like turning a flashlight 90 degrees.

Ah. My friend's encounter involved the lights right over their head, hovering and then going out one at a time. And they don't live anywhere near an airport.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread