Treasure Map Symbol

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
We are having a hard time with this one on the heart map. Have any of you ever ran into this symbol used anywhere else in the world for any purpose or to represent anything?

Thanks for your help in advance, L.C.:icon_thumright:

On the map, it looks like this and is turned in what would be a North Easterly position on the map. Kind of hard to see, it has been rubbed with a cotton cloth many times and the white corrosion has kind of filled it in a bit on the map piece making it tough to see in the picture.
Unknown map symbol.jpg

Combine.jpg

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting thought. :icon_thumleft:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe the person who made the map was clever enough to know certain symbols were in common use and so used different or entirely wrong symbols to hide their treasure?

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe the person who made the map was clever enough to know certain symbols were in common use and so used different or entirely wrong symbols to hide their treasure?

The thought of unique symbols has crossed my mind, Charlie. Perhaps a ritual of the society symbolized? It would be enough to stump the uninitiated. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Could be random squiggles or drawings, that don't mean anything. Eg.: Yesteryear's "John loves Suzie" type of graffiti.

We have conquered a code within a code within a code to get a key. I believe It is too late for some random scratch on the map. In my opinion, it is too defined to not have a purpose. Thanks for your thoughts.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting thought. :icon_thumleft:

There have been Indian combine symbols already used on this trail so it seemed to me that this unknown symbol could be another Indian symbol. The other Indian symbol was made of one small line and some dots. This one could possibly be broken down farther than I did it in the picture I posted.:dontknow:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The map that the symbol is on covers a large area on its own and then it becomes a larger area after adding two more map pieces to it that are shaped like crosses. It is very possible that the symbol does not pertain to the smaller map, but it would remain a symbol for the larger map. :dontknow:
map together.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread