Metal detectors should be more advanced considering technology

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I can usually tell what I'm digging. I have a nox and a v3i. The v eliminates most garbage, but the nox is a bit easier to use.

If the V3i had a beefier, faster processor, my V3i would be my choice. Today...the Equinox is it! For whatever reason, Whites staff keeps saying the processor is big enough. Well, their sales indicate different. Stubborness is foolish, especially in business.

I'll keep my V3i. It has some perfect applications in situations. It is just short in processing speed IMO.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one that digs holes :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want one that digs holes :)

That is what having kids are about. laughing7.gif

SanMan

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2012
West Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max, AT Gold - Tesoro Euro Sabre - Tesoro Bandido II uMax - Troy X2 - Tesoro Stingray - Mojave - Fisher 1280X- Fisher 1235X - and many more.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the more important question is why humans themselves are not evolving.
Look at how advanced phones have become yet the people behind them are becoming more useless by the minute!

I've found more in the last decade than the previous decades before and I'M USING THE SAME DETECTOR FROM THE 1990'S!
This is despite the fact that there's more hunters and more "advanced" detectors out there.

Humans are just like deer....they stick to the same paths, hunting the same areas over and over again.
All it takes is someone who thinks outside the box and they will become successful.
This applies to everything in life!
:headbang:

Said the smartest man in the room

Thums up.JPG

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things are improved in increments, like cars, etc. they would go out of business if they maxed out, new changes come slowly keep in business, yes some don’t create new often, they understand the business or go out. Whites family I think others except Garrett to. Digging a foot isn’t rediculous, I do the work give me a machine that separates and goes deep I’d best as possible I’m not that lazy and bend down to see what’s there and I’m getting older so

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, ETrac and other Minelabs can hit targets 12"+ with ease, done so many times.

Ziggy-Grimm

Jan 19, 2009
Fairchance, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 + Garrett Pro-Pointer AP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dynamite works better for fishing than any other lure or fishing pole that has been invented but I still don't use explosives for Walleye fishing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread