Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Metal detectors should be more advanced considering technology

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    164 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Metal detectors should be more advanced considering technology

Topic of discussion some time ago was a realistic question, why haven’t any detector companies progressed with a machine that would be equivalent to today’s technology, lacking to be honest. Yes cost of making or selling a machine is relavent but seriously all these electronics , computers and this is the best to offer, simply not adding up. We are not further along as we should be. Your answer is.
    AARC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jun 2008
    Stroudsburg Monroe co. PA
    Whites Specra V3I, Whites Beach Hunter
    248 times
    Metal Detecting
    WHAT DO YOU WANT IT TO DO??

us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    164 times
    I would like it to differentiate the items in ground better, I don’t want it to dig for me. It seems like anything else they r maxed out in there creating I mean how old is the whites v3i now 2009 , 10 years old, just saying, I’m curious like others that’s all, what else can they do other than telling u what type of metal objects are. Oh well don’t hurt to think or ask

gb
    Paul Martin

Feb 2015
    Scarborough, England
    Minelab Equinox 600/Deteknix Xpointer pro pointer/Gray Ghost Amphibian headphones.
    140 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by victhedog View Post
    WHAT DO YOU WANT IT TO DO??
    let us know when to dig or not to dig. Differentiate between a pull tab and a coin for a start.

Oct 2016
    896 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    The display of what is in the ground is misleading. Mine said a screwcap and I dug a $5 gold piece. Should I of returned the machine since it didn't work right.

ca
    Upper Fort Garry

Jul 2012
    In da bush
    Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
    1707 times
    Living for the hunt!
    I think the more important question is why humans themselves are not evolving.
    Look at how advanced phones have become yet the people behind them are becoming more useless by the minute!

I've found more in the last decade than the previous decades before and I'M USING THE SAME DETECTOR FROM THE 1990'S!
    This is despite the fact that there's more hunters and more "advanced" detectors out there.

Humans are just like deer....they stick to the same paths, hunting the same areas over and over again.
    All it takes is someone who thinks outside the box and they will become successful.
    This applies to everything in life!
    A metal detector can only do so much..........
    It's up to you to do the rest!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28754 times
    People seem to forget detecting is based on conductivity of target, targets with same conductivity are going to respond the same.

Minelab has made huge strides with their detectors. CTX 3030 with its "target trace feature" is an example, showing how many targets are under the coil at same time and which one is conductive and which is ferrous.

The Equinox is another, the first all around detector that can be used from hunting for tiny gold nuggets in mountains or deserts to relics, to wading in salt water beaches hunting for lost jewelry. The ability to pick where tones break to the ability to pick how many tones a detector produces are all huge advances in my opinion..
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Mar 16, 2019 at 02:46 PM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    164 times
    U all have good points, we have a lazy society nobody walks, gee so detecting elimination starts there, how many of us hobbiest r out there u guess try, humans r excuses no time etc, I say gee we all have to work, u don’t have time for family then why do u have one again another topic for the lazy and excuses, Im glad we don’t have to register our detectors I don’t need to no how many of us that bad, just curious, ok gotta go.

us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    164 times
    Oh I just wanted to say friends I’m fine with my 20 year old whites dfx heck I’m no master of anything, but would like to consider the whites 3vi, gee the I better go I think the Calvary is coming over the hillside I here the guns a firing from the range, boy they sound like cannon balls, coming from Ohio I think a lot of unrest in the territory, lol thanks

Sep 2012
    N.E. Texas
    Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
    476 times
    sprailroad likes this.
    We've all got holes to fill, and them holes are all that's real. Some fall on you like a storm, sometimes you dig your own. Townes Van Zandt

us
    Observer

Aug 2013
    Wastelands
    Whites DFX
    164 times
    All quiet on the home front no more guns a firing from the range, boy they really get it going at times, I swear there are times I think the north and the south are reinacting the war but heck you never no real from acting. Have a good day gotta go to job but I will be back unless the cannon balls destroyed my house when I come back, lol
    devldog likes this.

us
    Dec 2018
    Alaska
    None, This is new to me
    314 times
    I agree

Since the 90's computers have evolved every couple of years yet the technology in this industry seems to be stagnant...

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    9633 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz12 View Post
    ....Since the 90's computers have evolved every couple of years yet the technology in this industry seems to be stagnant...
    And everything in those 'puters, cell-phones, cameras, etc.... was/is all simply a function of "faster and smaller". Can "faster and smaller" change detecting ability ? NO ! There's a thing called the laws of physics. No amount of "faster and smaller" can change how much signal you pump into the ground, and how much info. you pull back out of it.

That's why ... in the past 20 or so years, yes: We've reached the limits of what our current technology can do (aside from random whistles and bells and repackaging). It's not evil lazy engineers. It's not profit motive of sales/demand. It's simply the laws of physics. No amount of faster and smaller is going to change that.
    Opie and sprailroad like this.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, White's TDI SL, Tesoro Tejon
    18379 times
    Banner Finds (7)
    49er12 is essentially correct. These recent advances aren't all that great. I have used most of the newer machines. Basically a GRP radar unit with a 100,000 core target memory would be nice. Take the blasted thing out, swing over a target and either see the object or have a nice voice tell you "bottle cap at 10", digging is optional" or "$5 us gold coin at 10" digging is mandatory". But it wouldn't give the YEAR of the coin!
    Opie and sandmartin like this.

Apr 2016
    58 times
    I’d like to have a X-ray machine that you could see before you dig

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links