Lost Gold on the Discovery Channel

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
other than Gold Rush, have you ever seen anyone find anything on the Discovery Channel?

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been watching their shows all day today. Do these brothere EVER find and real treasure ? Or is it another Oak Island >

No, because when your search is based on Legends, you are chasing ghosts! Treasure Legend Formula: 1. A long since deceased group or individual was in possession of, or had knowledge of , the whereabouts of untold riches. Most all are on the run from someone (The Law, Indigenous People, Religious Crusaders, Pursuing Armies, Tyrants etc) or alternatively are the mysterious, recluse types. 3. Being on the run, they bury said treasure and all soon thereafter perish. Alternatively, if they are the recluse type, they are usually on their death bed when they confide in their caretaker the whereabouts of said treasure by leaving a cyphered map or dubious clues. 4. Propagate legends the world over by changing the time, location, group or circumstance.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retreating armies make the best Legends. Show me a retreating or soon to be defeated army that doesn't have a buried treasure legend ghosting it for eternity. That's followed a close second by any historical gang of outlaws, none of them are without a buried treasure legend. In third place is the recluse loner and his lost gold, silver or diamond mine....

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Those shows are the direction the hobby is going. The vast majority of folks believe they exist. If Gare meant the Feldman brothers I can tell you how they got their show. It is as simple as presenting an idea a pilot is filmed and if ratings are good enough season one begins. Currently the Oak Island show is the one to beat. I provided the research for the Montana episode of Lost Gold. The legends are being turned for a profit today in the tv industry.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I have been watching their shows all day today. Do these brothere EVER find and real treasure ? Or is it another Oak Island >

What ?? Are you trying to insinuate that there's NOT a fabulous treasure on Oak Island ?? Repent ! There is most *certainly* a treasure there. It's a little more to the right. Or a little more to the left. Or a little deeper. It's only a matter of getting deep enough and pinpointing the exact location.

... Treasure Legend Formula:...

HHhhmm, yes, there *does* seem to be common threads between all the well-known legends: Insane depths, conspiracies, skeletons, tips-of-ice-bergs, ciphers & cryptograms and turtle-type clue markers, lone-survivor death-bed stories, etc.... No good treasure story would be complete without some, or all of those aspects.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
There your catching on now there doesn't need to be a treasure, we only need the story line and film footage. I work on researching the story lines I could give a hoot about finding the treasure.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
There your catching on now there doesn't need to be a treasure, we only need the story line and film footage. I work on researching the story lines I could give a hoot about finding the treasure.

Yes. I'm catching on to the semantics game. Ironically .. your post is ..... uh ... "revealing".

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom, I was in one, local folks were worried they would find the gold. The show was a walk thru based on my research.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
If someone was on to something valuable they might not have time to make movies.
The only series I found valuable was the mining methods on Gold Rush (forget the language and personalities), the past series on the Weather Chanel in Colorado. Amazonite, topaz, smokies. and the hunting methods on Meteorite Men.
The others are selling entertainment.

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the Lost Gold show, the intro states that the brothers have found artifacts hundreds of years old and discovered lost minds. I have tryed to look them up and I have not found anything. Can anyone tell me what great discoveries they have actually found ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
On the Lost Gold show, the intro states that the brothers have found artifacts hundreds of years old and discovered lost minds. I have tryed to look them up and I have not found anything. Can anyone tell me what great discoveries they have actually found ?

Don't forget how some people define "found" (past tense). To some people, if they are convinced they've narrowed down a treasure to a certain field, or meadow, or canyon, or cave, or lake-bottom, then they've "found" it. It's now merely a matter of overcoming government obstacles, getting a detector that goes 6 meters deep, pinpointing the exact spot, etc.... But rest assured it's there, and they've "found" (past tense) it.

And to some other people, have actually gone on record saying that to make a cool story , that ends up making them money (like for a TV show) is to "find" a treasure.

However, this might be silly , but : I think that most md'rs define "found" as in something .... actually "found".

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other

If this is the Travel Channel "Lost Gold" show which has a pair of brothers. I can tell you what they found.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe you mean the Feldman brothers, working with their dad Ron they found the Lost Dutchman Mine. Terry Carter has an YouTube interview with Ron Feldman about it.

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Those brothers looked familiar and I remembered they were on that show "Ice Cold Gold" a few years ago too. They are good narrators, but basically it's just a recap of treasure legends. I never expect anything major will be found.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Those brothers looked familiar and I remembered they were on that show "Ice Cold Gold" a few years ago too. They are good narrators, but basically it's just a recap of treasure legends. I never expect anything major will be found.

You are correct, walk thru is a name one can use. Still tv land has a market.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Retreating armies make the best Legends. Show me a retreating or soon to be defeated army that doesn't have a buried treasure legend ghosting it for eternity. That's followed a close second by any historical gang of outlaws, none of them are without a buried treasure legend. In third place is the recluse loner and his lost gold, silver or diamond mine....

All good reasons for there to still be a few hidden hoards in the ground.

Maybe someday I'll trip over one of them.

I save newspaper articles where miners were killed or tragically died.
The difficult part is figuring out where their cabins were. They usually used very localized place names which have disappeared before our modern mapping was produced.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread