Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Show Last Night !
They actually Found Treasure Already !
Hopefully they Can give info next week on Dates.

First one looked like a toasted Lincoln Cent, :tongue3:, with a reeded edge though.
2nd ? :dontknow: But at least they were Dirty enough Not to be Plants.
I Dug many Coins in Better Condition right out the Ground.

That ground really did a Number on them !

I Wonder how Much The Bomb Disposal Expert Cost , To tell them what I Could have told
them From here for Free :laughing7:

Over 75 Years in the Ground Hand Grenades & other Booby Traps,
will Rot away.
by the way,
A bottle of Poison with a Metal Cap will Have no Cap after 75 Years.

A Bottle with a Cork in will at the very Least have a Shrunken' Rotted Cork.
and any contents Diluted to inert , Unless of course you Chug the contents.
Then no Promises against a Bad case of dysentery or worse.

That is Unless there is actually a Bone dry Spot in the Philippians,
That's been Bone Dry since the 40's .

all in all... still the Most believable Treasure Hunting Show on at the Moment.

Though I Believe the Guy Showing off the Yamashita Treasures He got from his Father,
Probably added some of those relics over his Life either through extended treasure hunting or purchase, or both. Though what he Showed looked in such Great shape,
It must have been found in the 40's right after the war.

Actually looked like an Antique Business :laughing7:

I Wish he Still had the Golden Buddha with the Diamonds :coffee2:

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
So Jeff u seen the third show and its still worth watching ??? So they found treasure what empty shell casings , old sake bottles , some metal bomb fragments , etc ....did it show a cave , tunnel , or they dug (permit)...(land owners remember to get a well , fish pond , or mining permit if you want to keep some treasure tricks of the trade and don't forget to only use your detector at night and get insurance because digging is dangerous but legal with these permits ) well i hope its on you tube soon i need a laugh

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff right in 30 years its hard to tell whats what..... seen pistols ,rifles , m1 Garand , swords , even hand grenades , the tropical weather and rain ruins them to junk ....and if there salt water at the site very little left ...but in those fake you tube videos sheet metal steel bombs and wire in salt water after 70 years would be brown sludge not what is shown ...so if that fake so is the gold bars ...

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short Take on Hunt.

Booby Trap Sign Outside the Cave

Remains of a Booby Trap.

Completely Rotted Something in a cave, Rust spot Only Scared them.

Called in Bomb Disposal.

Also rotted Fragments of WW2 Hand Grenade
similar to this
00images.jpg
Under a Boulder with an X chiseled in it.

Once they removed the Heavy Boulder, They started Detecting Coins

Still needed to Dig Deeper to see if Spilled from Treasure Or Pockets.

Possible Tunnel hidden Under Boulder,
end of show

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
& No the Coins were Definitely Not Planted Coins,
Unless they Spent the Day detecting elsewhere & Brought the Worst
shape Coins there Immediately, To plant :tongue3:

No one goes that Far , Producers think All Coins right out the Ground can Still be Id'd

Like on Oak Island

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on the Treasure, at first They suspected and mentioned Possible Giveaway Treasure.

Something small To throw Searchers off Track

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Jeff for the info ...well it least its a real hunt you seen them digging ( possible giveaway how many times have i heard that stupid saying) i hope the monkey marker facing this site (joke) ...i hope this site is a virgin site may be it prove something ..If this site is really located in the golden triangle where Yamashita walked out and its a virgin site and they find nothing ,,,its either the stories are all BS or this is all just staged BS and could be a site any where in the Philippines ...So far these are the same type of markers seen all over the philippines and nothing found ...well i hope they find something to proven the stories are real ...If they find where Yamashita was hiding who cares that site will just be a new tourist trap for dreamers

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things I heard last night, about locations.

85 miles south to Daltons Pass.
Balete Pass is located to the west of the Cagayan Valley near the border between Nueva Ecija Province and Nueva Vizcaya Province connected by Highway 5.

Wartime History
During January 1945, Japanese Army forces began withdrawing from the coastal plains via Balete Pass into the northern mountains. After the US Army landing at Lingayen Gulf, American forces advanced to this location from the coast.

During April to June 1945, the advancing US Army 25th Division, 161st Infantry battled against entrenched Japanese using the advantage of the terrain for their defense. Balete Pass was subjected to numerous fighter and bomber aircraft in support of the ground forces. Both sides suffered heavy casualties. On May 16, 1945 US Army, 25th Division Brigadier General James Leo Dalton, II was killed on by a sniper in the vicinity. Afterwards, Balete Pass was named "Dalton Pass" in his honor.

Peter travel's 80 miles West, to Bagio to visit Roxas Son Henry.
Buddah found under Baguio General Hospital

BAGUIO CITY, Henry runs the Roxas Museum near the tourist-drawing Lourdes Grotto

I'll double check after work today.

tim

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
.... all in all... still the Most believable Treasure Hunting Show on at the Moment....

Based on what you posted, before and after, the above quote, I'm trying to make sense of it. If it's d/t the Hollywood effect of "making something believable", then yes: You're totally right . Ie. : You and I can walk away believing in anything.

But if it's after applying logical scrutiny/skepticism, then no, I don't see how it becomes "most believable".

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Timex that area you mention is of importance military wise ...look at how rugged that place is look at the shrine there ...that area so vast but the time line to me just off ....so this show keeps moving south soon they be in pampanga following the shobu soldiers .... at least there work getting easier (3000' foot elevation) i guess those markers are real common at that level and a short cut to pampanga ...good luck

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
And that device hype is plain stupid the locals know all the sites in that area ....that area been hunted hard ...i guess we should of had that device in vietnam we would of lost sooner ...

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
The date on that monument says 05/16/1945 .....Some one star gets killed by a light machine gun bullet 7.7 mm where 7403 japanese and 2365 us forces die ....i guess those 2365 all got killed by snipers to ...its funny your a regular local HUK with there remington rolling block .43 spanish or your krag 30-40 ( don't forget they removed all the bolts from the 1917s and threw them in manila bay ) you kill a LT japanese soldier from a hill top and your forgotten only in the Philippines .....So they could of moved the treasure up highway 5 very possible just looked at a map easier then baguio

Last edited:

Kim Marie

Jul 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is a very fascinating legend - I'm curious about the experts who know how to read the symbols and codes in the rocks - any idea where I can find one of these guys to talk with?

renantagum30

Nov 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you will get bankrupt if you only read signs and markers on the rocks. those markers are only meaningful to the japanese. for those who dont know the secret behind those markers, its useless.

Billieg

Jul 19, 2019
Deltona Fl
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro - Teknetics T2 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe out of all the treasure shows these guys will find something. I wish they would stop with all the girly crap about bombs and such. It's been since 1945 nothing would be working. Unlike the rest of the shows there is documented facts there is treasure buried there. Even the CIA went looking for it.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Billieg it possible bombs could still work if they are keep high and dry but your right about them hype it and them finding real treasure only in there dreams (they need new clowns for the show)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread