lost Yamashita gold of WW2 starts Tonight on History Channel 10PM Eastern - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree152Likes

Thread: lost Yamashita gold of WW2 starts Tonight on History Channel 10PM Eastern

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2015
    88 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Timex, the Roxas story has been debunked. And the Marcos quotes/story has been more-than-amply answered by more plausible explanations.
    Just asking, do you believe that any of the story about a buried hoard, to be true?

And is it possible, some still remains undiscovered today?
    Or do you think, it's played out, all loot recovered?

I agree the show is just TV entertainment.

Did anyone else catch the intro during commercial break for......
    The curse of civil war gold season 2 coming April 23rd.

Marty & the whole gang from O-Island, have work year round now. lol

Respectfully, tim
    Last edited by timex; Mar 20, 2019 at 11:07 AM.
    jeff of pa likes this.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by timex View Post

I agree the show is just TV entertainment.

Respectfully, tim
    Tim, thankyou. And I will be respectful in my skeptical view as well.

When you ask if I believe if "any of the story to be true", is the slippery slope question. In fact, it's the question that makes treasure legends SO EASY to believe in, in the first place. Because YES !! There are parts of of the story that are "true". Eg.: that there was this dude named Yamashita. And that Japan "looted goodies" from their conquered lands. Etc.... And someone can study the details and ..... no doubt .... find SCORES of exact names, dates and events that ..... gasp ... line up perfectly.

But this fails to take into account that EVERY TREASURE LEGEND is based on facts. Eg.: real names, dates and events. None of them ever started with "once upon a time", right ? But none of that means or necessarily concludes in : "Therefore, a treasure exists". Right ? In other words: 99% of the story could be true, for sake of discussion. Yet if there's no treasure (the 1%) what good do the "true" parts do you ?

Don't forget, that every army, every country , every war, had "looting". Name any war, where land was conquered, at any point in history, and yes: You had looting going on. Ok, does that, of necessity, make all legends therefore true ? Of course not.

And the question of "are there some possible un-remained treasures to be discovered today ?" Well I'd be a fool to say "no". Because, of course, treasures are still being found today (atocha, caches that get shown on banner here, etc....). But to try to jump from THAT fact, to therefore saying that any particular one is therefore true, is not a logical leap to make. If it WERE a logical assumption-leap to make, then we can never have doubts about any single treasure legend.
    timex likes this.

Nov 2015
    88 times
    Thank You, for taking the time to reply!

I enjoyed your perspective, in you response.

Respectfully, tim

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    32915 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by timex View Post
    Yes I have read some of whats on the internet about gold hoard on the islands.

More surprising is that in the last few decades Imelda Marcos, has been quoted as offering some of it back.

The Japanese spent 8 years stripping conquered lands clean, and buried on the island.
    1. Makes me wonder, just how much the Allies recovered after the war.
    2. And how much Marcos, found.
    3. There is the well known 70's Gold Buddha, found by Roxas.
    4. Who's estate was awarded a large court settlement, never to collect.
    5. Some accounts say the Buddha was bronze, not gold.

I wonder how much is left?

Aug 31 2017
    https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/31/...-ton-gold-haul

MANILA - Former first lady now Ilocos Norte Rep. Imelda Marcos once wanted to return part of her family's 7,000-ton gold cache worth roughly P15 trillion, Buhay party-list Rep. Lito Atienza said Wednesday

Zobel said Marcos, then weak and ailing, showed him original certificates of the gold bars worth $35 billion, then based on the prevailing price of $400 per ounce, after Marcos asked to borrow some $250 million several months after the Marcos family landed in Hawaii. Marcos signed a promissory note for the loan, with the certificates meant to prove he could pay him back. The promissory note was dated October 17, 1988, one day before was indicted in the United States.

Apart from the gold certificates, which came mostly from Germany, Zobel said Marcos had in possession two more tranches of gold from Suriname, a sovereign state in the northeastern Atlantic coast of South America.

In all, he estimated that Marcos had total wealth of some $100 billion. When Flavier asked him if he heard it right, Zobel replied: “Yes, $100 billion.” That was in 1989.
    Yes I do believe Marcos Got Part of it.
    I don't think the Entire Treasure was Buried at One Spot .
    Billions Worth. Today Maybe Trillions Worth ? In one Spot ? Nope,.

I Do also Believe the U.S. Killed Marcos & Stole a Large Part of what Marcos had.

There are Far More Treasures there then The Japanese.
    During The time the u.s. was there, The Solders were Treasure Hunting & Treasure Finding.
    There are Many News Paper articles of Soldiers Finding Buried Stashes.

The Pyramid was Cool Too
    timex and AARC like this.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    2910 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    I enjoyed Episode One.

I Really liked the Way they got Down the Pit

Voice of the Commentator Sounded a Bit like the Guy from Oak Island
    But so far he didn't ask any Stupid Questions, So either not Him,
    Or different Writers.

& No suggestion that the Japanese were knights templars

Could this be better scriptwriting?
    jeff of pa likes this.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

RTR
    Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    11644 times
    On last nights show they said the treasure could be as much as 1Trillion dollars
    jeff of pa likes this.

Dec 2003
    32915 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by RTR View Post
    On last nights show they said the treasure could be as much as 1Trillion dollars
    Yep Remember, Just like a Silver Coin from the Atocha that is only worth Melt Value.

Will sell for Thousands to some fool if Encapsulated with the Story.

a Large Golden Buddha could be Beyond Priceless to someone with more money then common sense
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Mar 20, 2019 at 01:11 PM.
    Gare, RTR, boogeyman and 1 others like this.

Oct 2016
    1115 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    And re.: "Eye-witnesses". I got fooled by this semantics game too. In my early days of md'ing (chasing legends in Mexico). At first, the legends seemed iron-clad true. After all, they involved "eye-witnesses" who saw some treasure being dug ("tips of icebergs" psychology that is prominent in each legend). But once you track down and interview/grill that "eye-witness", well .... it turns out they didn't actually see the dig or coins happen. But they know the guy who DID see it. So you track down THAT person, and interview HIM. And ... you guessed it. He too didn't actually see the dig and the coins. But he got it on good authority from so & so.

And so forth back to permanent regression. But in each telling, it is always told in first person singular . By persons who sincerely believe (hence "not lying") that eye-witnesses are involved.

And even if we grant the true definition of "eye-witness", shall we begin a conversation on how things, that people saw when they were young, got interpreted ? eg.: UFO's, bigfoot, supposed treasures being seen, etc.... ?
    I never knew you chased legends in Mexico. This would make a great story. Care to share?

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiredman View Post
    I never knew you chased legends in Mexico. This would make a great story. Care to share?
    Hey there tired-man. I don't want to get off-track on this thread. So I posted a short-version for you , or anyone else who's interested, here :

Treasure legends in general. My experience in Mexico.

RTR
    Charter Member
    us
    Roger

Nov 2017
    Smith Mt. Lake Va.
    Teknetics Liberator Falcon MD-20 *********** Blue Bowl Angus MacKirk sluice Miller Table
    11644 times
    Yep Remember, Just like a Silver Coin from the Atocha that is only worth Melt Value.

Will sell for Thousands to some fool if Encapsulated with the Story.

a Large Golden Buddha could be Beyond Priceless to someone with more money then common sense
    Yep Remember....We are talking about the ENTIRE TREASURES of the South Pacific Region that were confiscated by the Japanese during the war.And ANY "coin" (from the Atocha) is worth Far more that its "melt value"
    What is Anything worth ? Only what people are willing to pay for it
    Last edited by RTR; Mar 20, 2019 at 04:51 PM.
    jeff of pa likes this.

Oct 2016
    1115 times
    Hey there tired-man. I don't want to get off-track on this thread. So I posted a short-version for you , or anyone else who's interested, here :

Treasure legends in general. My experience in Mexico.
    Thanks

us
    Amature Historian and World Traveler.

Feb 2013
    Sovereign America
    600 times
    Yes I do believe Marcos Got Part of it.
    I don't think the Entire Treasure was Buried at One Spot .
    Billions Worth. Today Maybe Trillions Worth ? In one Spot ? Nope,.

I Do also Believe the U.S. Killed Marcos & Stole a Large Part of what Marcos had.

There are Far More Treasures there then The Japanese.
    During The time the u.s. was there, The Solders were Treasure Hunting & Treasure Finding.
    There are Many News Paper articles of Soldiers Finding Buried Stashes.

The Pyramid was Cool Too
    FACT: There are 950,000 metric tons of gold ( declared missing in the International Court of Justice in Hague) picked up by Yamashita from its European Ally, Hitler and another 250,000 metric tons of the Japanese loot around Southeast Asia are both now in the Philippines.
    jeff of pa and boogeyman like this.

There are no ancient secrets to decoding the past, there is only great research and applied logic.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    10047 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by embrym View Post
    FACT: There are 950,000 metric tons of gold ( declared missing in the International Court of Justice in Hague) picked up by Yamashita from its European Ally, Hitler and another 250,000 metric tons of the Japanese loot around Southeast Asia are both now in the Philippines.
    And the proof that all this is: The legend itself. Right ? If so, then you're right: It's bullet-proof true. Let's grab our shovels and go

Dec 2003
    32915 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    if those Tales were about My area of PA, I'd be all over it.

Fact is the Philippians is Not Treasure Hunter Friendly For Obvious Reasons
    add to that , Foreigners only get permission under Certain Circumstances.
    & Probably Bribery is Part of It.

along with the Knowledge the searchers & TV Crew will only leave the Country with What they Brought in. even if they find a Billion in Gold, it goes to the Country.
    Last edited by jeff of pa; Mar 20, 2019 at 09:20 PM.

Oct 2016
    1115 times
    I doubt they could ship it to Japan since they lost control of both the sea and sky by 1944. Prior to this I read an account of u.s. prisoners used as divers in Manila Bay to bring up the silver coins that were dumped to keep them out of the Japanese hands, this was around 1942.
    jeff of pa and uglymailman like this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links