jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On last nights show they said the treasure could be as much as 1Trillion dollars:occasion14:

Yep Remember, Just like a Silver Coin from the Atocha that is only worth Melt Value.

Will sell for Thousands to some fool if Encapsulated with the Story.

a Large Golden Buddha could be Beyond Priceless to someone with more money then common sense

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
And re.: "Eye-witnesses". I got fooled by this semantics game too. In my early days of md'ing (chasing legends in Mexico). At first, the legends seemed iron-clad true. After all, they involved "eye-witnesses" who saw some treasure being dug ("tips of icebergs" psychology that is prominent in each legend). But once you track down and interview/grill that "eye-witness", well .... it turns out they didn't actually see the dig or coins happen. But they know the guy who DID see it. So you track down THAT person, and interview HIM. And ... you guessed it. He too didn't actually see the dig and the coins. But he got it on good authority from so & so.

And so forth back to permanent regression. But in each telling, it is always told in first person singular . By persons who sincerely believe (hence "not lying") that eye-witnesses are involved.

And even if we grant the true definition of "eye-witness", shall we begin a conversation on how things, that people saw when they were young, got interpreted ? eg.: UFO's, bigfoot, supposed treasures being seen, etc.... ?

I never knew you chased legends in Mexico. This would make a great story. Care to share?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep Remember, Just like a Silver Coin from the Atocha that is only worth Melt Value.

Will sell for Thousands to some fool if Encapsulated with the Story.

a Large Golden Buddha could be Beyond Priceless to someone with more money then common sense

Yep Remember....We are talking about the ENTIRE TREASURES of the South Pacific Region that were confiscated by the Japanese during the war.And ANY "coin" (from the Atocha) is worth Far more that its "melt value"
What is Anything worth ? Only what people are willing to pay for it :occasion14:

Last edited:

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I do believe Marcos Got Part of it.
I don't think the Entire Treasure was Buried at One Spot .
Billions Worth. Today Maybe Trillions Worth ? In one Spot ? Nope,.

I Do also Believe the U.S. Killed Marcos & Stole a Large Part of what Marcos had.

There are Far More Treasures there then The Japanese.
During The time the u.s. was there, The Solders were Treasure Hunting & Treasure Finding.
There are Many News Paper articles of Soldiers Finding Buried Stashes.

The Pyramid was Cool Too

FACT: There are 950,000 metric tons of gold ( declared missing in the International Court of Justice in Hague) picked up by Yamashita from its European Ally, Hitler and another 250,000 metric tons of the Japanese loot around Southeast Asia are both now in the Philippines.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FACT: There are 950,000 metric tons of gold ( declared missing in the International Court of Justice in Hague) picked up by Yamashita from its European Ally, Hitler and another 250,000 metric tons of the Japanese loot around Southeast Asia are both now in the Philippines.

And the proof that all this is: The legend itself. Right ? If so, then you're right: It's bullet-proof true. Let's grab our shovels and go :)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if those Tales were about My area of PA, I'd be all over it.

Fact is the Philippians is Not Treasure Hunter Friendly For Obvious Reasons
add to that , Foreigners only get permission under Certain Circumstances.
& Probably Bribery is Part of It.

along with the Knowledge the searchers & TV Crew will only leave the Country with What they Brought in. even if they find a Billion in Gold, it goes to the Country.

Last edited:

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I doubt they could ship it to Japan since they lost control of both the sea and sky by 1944. Prior to this I read an account of u.s. prisoners used as divers in Manila Bay to bring up the silver coins that were dumped to keep them out of the Japanese hands, this was around 1942.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Is that one of those Internet facts?

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
CARL-NC it leaves out that 99.2% of the 2000 possible ships that might of carried some of that gold ......they either made back to japan or they are on the bottom of the sea if anyone believes that they belong living on the internet ...20 years of searching different large sites no stories ever checked out 100% nothing big ever found but scams ...everything found made or mined in the philippines or the usa

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the gold that in the philippines is only there by accident due to the fact of war and the roxas treasure was real and maybe a very very few are large ones over a ton ....and if u believe the internet then marcos found all the big ones in the 1970s

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Even yamashita book of map story only lists what 173 sites and a possible 12,000 tons (am only guessing this i never added it up ) i think ive been to 3 of these sites but who knows if any of this is for real it might be .... roxas site was a old mine shaft with a 1000 tons the only part that hard for me to believe is how they got up the mountain to tuba ...i walk from the old train line at the bottom of the mountains to baguio your talking up 4000 feet .....the gold in the sea not much on land the story for tourism

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
One big problem that underlies this whole legend (yet I'm sure the faithful will have an remote contingency theory, to explain away, none-the-less) is: A simple look at a world map. It presents a big problem to the legend's narrative :

1) The supposed treasures were looted by Japan's incursions into China, right ? Any cursory reading of the narrative always points to the treasures looted from Japan's movement to the mainland east, right ? Like China, right ?

2) The capitol of Japan (hence all their home base, their government, etc...) was , and is to this day, in Japan, right ?

3) Yet look at a world map. Look at where the Philippines is. Sure it was one of Japan's many conquered lands during the '30s and early '40s. But since when, and why oh why, would they ship all this supposed treasure there ? Why not back to THEIR OWN COUNTRY ? Their own capitol ? Their own vaults ?

I'm sure someone can come up with a crazy conspiracy theory of why it might be there. And if you thought long enough and hard enough, with enough conspiracy motives, can probably come up with a scheme that it might be in Antarctica too. But at a certain point, doesn't anyone look at "most plausible" explanations ?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Heck, here's my "smoking gun" to PROVE the spoils-of-war went to Japan, and NOT the Philippines:

Why do you think the post war Japan became so prosperous ? The real reason that they became so prosperous following the war (1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s) , and the REAL reason why they are among the most affluent nations today, is: The treasure ! How else can we explain the "mysterious wealth" that they grew into , eh ?

It wasn't because they are a culture of industrious hard-worker people. Who became inventive of cool cars and electronics . Not because of the USA's post-war help. NO. That's all the ruse-cover-up stories. You can't deny the smoking gun of people or nation's that came into sudden wealth. It's the smoking gun of fabulous treasures !

If any of the faithful doubts this as a "jump to conclusions": Then notice that Marco's "sudden wealth" is PERPETUALLY pointed to, by the faithful, as a "smoking gun" . Of sure-fire-treasures found, or robbed or stolen, blah blah. Right ? Ok, then why can't I draw the same conclusions for Japan's "sudden wealth" in the decades following WWII ? See ?

So we can all stop looking in the Philippines now.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I believe the gold that in the philippines is only there by accident due to the fact of war and the roxas treasure was real and maybe a very very few are large ones over a ton ....and if u believe the internet then marcos found all the big ones in the 1970s

If you believe the internet, then the Marcos + Roxas + Yamashita narrative has been debunked.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
remember a real java ingot weight was 75 kilos or 165 lbs it was stolen from a bank...it came from a mine 75% AU 25% CU reddish gold in color 4"x4"X18" these are the ingots on the sea route in the area my son searches today and listed in the war crimes i read the banks claim so that part real ...other countries have different sizes and possible routes

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If You Believe in Treasures, Then there are Still Plenty in Every Country in the world.
Including the Philippians.

So I say if you Live in the Philippians, Keep Searching My Friends !
the Treasures are there somewhere & Good Huntin, :coffee2:

if Your a Naysayer,I'm Sorry.....

Wealth is Beyond You !

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
tom u believe what u want i talked face to face with a tiger about this remember the 80 tigers that filed suit on other treasures ,,,ive been to the mine ,, i talked to mrs marcos ,, i know camp holmes ,,, my family once lived and worked in the area built the road to baguio and camp holmes ...tom just say your right which is possible then if your right then every over 1 ton story is a lie 100% fact which i would believe ...if roxas story a lie they are all lies every last one and that from me not tom ...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread