Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=3]Lost Gold of WW2 (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb[/h]
[url]https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9799150/

[/URL]Documentary, Reality-TV. ... Legend has it that there is a treasure of immense value buried in the Philippine jungle - now a team of American experts, with the help of the only surviving witness, try to uncover the clues to solve the greatest mystery of WW2

wildpig

Jul 25, 2015
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Set DVR to record.

sky355

Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep same DVR is set I’m excited to get into this.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed Episode One.

I Really liked the Way they got Down the Pit :laughing7:
No screwing Around debating :coffee2:

Though The guy claiming to have been an Eye Witness ?
was Either 5 during WW2 or he's a B.S.'r imo.
Didn't look a day over 80 definitely didn't look over 90.
Though I didn't catch him saying how old he supposedly Was at the time,
or what he is now,

Voice of the Commentator Sounded a Bit like the Guy from Oak Island :(
But so far he didn't ask any Stupid Questions, So either not Him,
Or different Writers.

& No suggestion that the Japanese were knights templars :tongue3:

The Lost Treasures of Egypt was good last night also though not in proper order,
Last Week Episode 1
Last Night Episode 6
Next week Episode 3
so Obviously Reruns

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1941 Grandpa said he was 12 years old. So he should be around 90 now
But I think if they would have found gold the media would have told us ?
I thought it was a decent show

Last edited:

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In 1941 Grandpa said he was 12 years old. So he should be around 90 now
But I think if they would have found gold the mediap would have told us ?
I thought it was a decent show

I recorded it with last night's O-Island, 1st show was pretty good.

Would 1941 been the year they would have buried the gold, or closer to the end of the war?

I head him say he was 12 also, but at his current age, 1941...1945 would be significant.

just a thought.

Respectfully, tim

Last edited:

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was interesting, but I hate the typical Oak Island cliff-hanger ending when they were about to scratch on that wall. I'll be willing to bet in the first five minutes next week that turns out to be either just a rock or dirt and that hole turns out being a dead-end. Just seems strange to me those first diggers would dig straight down and coincidentally be right at the end of a plugged tunnel.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was interesting, but I hate the typical Oak Island cliff-hanger ending when they were about to scratch on that wall. I'll be willing to bet in the first five minutes next week that turns out to be either just a rock or dirt and that hole turns out being a dead-end. Just seems strange to me those first diggers would dig straight down and coincidentally be right at the end of a plugged tunnel.

I was thinking since the cement Plug was about Half way down the Hole,
It could have possibly been Caving in there, & The cement was used to
shore up, and prevent Cave-in as they dug deeper.
I'm not convinced it's a Tunnel, Or they would have ended last nights episode,
by showing the Hole. and suggesting they will Explore it next week.

I'm no Big fan of Cliffhangers either, But unfortunately,
I guess when you don't have Confidence in your Work,
ya gotta leave something to Draw people back.[same Bat Time,Same Bat Channel]..
Downside, too many useless cliffhangers before commercials, like on O.I. Drive people like me away. just one at the end , not quite as bad

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, I fell asleep at my keyboard near the end of Oak Island, so I missed it. Maybe, like O.I. it will be repeated.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
...Though The guy claiming to have been an Eye Witness ?....

Gentlemen, re.: "Eye-witness accounts" & the Yamashita legend : Years ago, when the internet was younger (late 1990s to 2005-ish), a WWII soldier to have been in his 70s to 80s. Right ? And back then, I clicked on many Yamashita threads. Mostly it would be (and often still is) someone from the Philippines making a post , seeking advice, for a machine that goes "6 meters deep", etc.... And when you read deeper, it was predictable : They invariably believed they knew where the Yamashita gold treasure was.

And if you asked them "how do you know?" and/or "what makes you sure?", then ...... LIKE HERE .... there was always the "eye-witness". Either via first-hand knowledge (they "knew someone" who was in that brigade), or that they had a map passed down to them from an "eye-witness".

Hence this "eye-witness" phenomenon is part & parcel to the legend. Either first hand, or just a few-degrees removed. If all the stories are to be believed, then: A) there were thousands of "eye-witnesses", and B) thousands of maps made by the "eye-witnesses" floating around, that get passed down in families. That you can buy on the street corners there.

I think that persons, with a bit of mathematical prowess, can begin to see the silly-ness that creeps in. This should make the "telephone game" painfully obvious.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
And re.: "Eye-witnesses". I got fooled by this semantics game too. In my early days of md'ing (chasing legends in Mexico). At first, the legends seemed iron-clad true. After all, they involved "eye-witnesses" who saw some treasure being dug ("tips of icebergs" psychology that is prominent in each legend). But once you track down and interview/grill that "eye-witness", well .... it turns out they didn't actually see the dig or coins happen. But they know the guy who DID see it. So you track down THAT person, and interview HIM. And ... you guessed it. He too didn't actually see the dig and the coins. But he got it on good authority from so & so.

And so forth back to permanent regression. But in each telling, it is always told in first person singular . By persons who sincerely believe (hence "not lying") that eye-witnesses are involved.

And even if we grant the true definition of "eye-witness", shall we begin a conversation on how things, that people saw when they were young, got interpreted ? eg.: UFO's, bigfoot, supposed treasures being seen, etc.... ?

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have read some of whats on the internet about gold hoard on the islands.

More surprising is that in the last few decades Imelda Marcos, has been quoted as offering some of it back.

The Japanese spent 8 years stripping conquered lands clean, and buried on the island.
  1. Makes me wonder, just how much the Allies recovered after the war.
  2. And how much Marcos, found.
  3. There is the well known 70's Gold Buddha, found by Roxas.
  4. Who's estate was awarded a large court settlement, never to collect.
  5. Some accounts say the Buddha was bronze, not gold.

I wonder how much is left?

Aug 31 2017
https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/31/17/imelda-wanted-to-return-part-of-7000-ton-gold-haul

MANILA - Former first lady now Ilocos Norte Rep. Imelda Marcos once wanted to return part of her family's 7,000-ton gold cache worth roughly P15 trillion, Buhay party-list Rep. Lito Atienza said Wednesday

Zobel said Marcos, then weak and ailing, showed him original certificates of the gold bars worth $35 billion, then based on the prevailing price of $400 per ounce, after Marcos asked to borrow some $250 million several months after the Marcos family landed in Hawaii. Marcos signed a promissory note for the loan, with the certificates meant to prove he could pay him back. The promissory note was dated October 17, 1988, one day before was indicted in the United States.

Apart from the gold certificates, which came mostly from Germany, Zobel said Marcos had in possession two more tranches of gold from Suriname, a sovereign state in the northeastern Atlantic coast of South America.

In all, he estimated that Marcos had total wealth of some $100 billion. When Flavier asked him if he heard it right, Zobel replied: “Yes, $100 billion.” That was in 1989.

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
..... There is the well known 70's Gold Buddha, found by Roxas.....

Timex, the Roxas story has been debunked. And the Marcos quotes/story has been more-than-amply answered by more plausible explanations.

But back to the show: I recorded it last night. And this morning, just now, watched the opening 5 minutes. It was predictable.

Their "eye-witness" saw "something being buried". Uh.... wait ... does that make him an eye-witness to a "treasure" being buried ? Or "something" being buried ? Heaven forbid there *might* be a more plausible explanation for whatever-he-saw when he was a boy (or teen or whatever).

And sure as heck: The story is riddled with Hollywood cliff-hangers about conspiracies (all the "sinister G-men" in various countries who knew about it). And what good treasure legend isn't riddled with booby-traps ? (that's what made Raiders of the Lost Ark movie so fun, after all). Yup, you gotta watch out for those poison darts, gas grenades that will go off if you enter the tunnel, flood tunnels, insane depths, etc... Right ? And the obligatory ciphers, cryptograms, squiggles on rocks, etc... Which can only mean one thing: The clues that they riddled the site with, to mark their treasure with. Right ? OF COURSE ::)

After that 5 minute intro ....... I couldn't bear it any longer. It's the same baseless sensationalism as the O.I. show, UFO shows, paranormal shows, big-foot documentaries, etc.....

Last edited:

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Timex, the Roxas story has been debunked. And the Marcos quotes/story has been more-than-amply answered by more plausible explanations.

Just asking, do you believe that any of the story about a buried hoard, to be true?

And is it possible, some still remains undiscovered today?
Or do you think, it's played out, all loot recovered?

I agree the show is just TV entertainment.

Did anyone else catch the intro during commercial break for......
The curse of civil war gold season 2 coming April 23rd.

Marty & the whole gang from O-Island, have work year round now. lol

Respectfully, tim

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

I agree the show is just TV entertainment.

Respectfully, tim

Tim, thankyou. And I will be respectful in my skeptical view as well.

When you ask if I believe if "any of the story to be true", is the slippery slope question. In fact, it's the question that makes treasure legends SO EASY to believe in, in the first place. Because YES !! There are parts of of the story that are "true". Eg.: that there was this dude named Yamashita. And that Japan "looted goodies" from their conquered lands. Etc.... And someone can study the details and ..... no doubt .... find SCORES of exact names, dates and events that ..... gasp ... line up perfectly.

But this fails to take into account that EVERY TREASURE LEGEND is based on facts. Eg.: real names, dates and events. None of them ever started with "once upon a time", right ? But none of that means or necessarily concludes in : "Therefore, a treasure exists". Right ? In other words: 99% of the story could be true, for sake of discussion. Yet if there's no treasure (the 1%) what good do the "true" parts do you ?

Don't forget, that every army, every country , every war, had "looting". Name any war, where land was conquered, at any point in history, and yes: You had looting going on. Ok, does that, of necessity, make all legends therefore true ? Of course not.

And the question of "are there some possible un-remained treasures to be discovered today ?" Well I'd be a fool to say "no". Because, of course, treasures are still being found today (atocha, caches that get shown on banner here, etc....). But to try to jump from THAT fact, to therefore saying that any particular one is therefore true, is not a logical leap to make. If it WERE a logical assumption-leap to make, then we can never have doubts about any single treasure legend.

timex

Nov 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You, for taking the time to reply!

I enjoyed your perspective, in you response.

Respectfully, tim

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I have read some of whats on the internet about gold hoard on the islands.

More surprising is that in the last few decades Imelda Marcos, has been quoted as offering some of it back.

The Japanese spent 8 years stripping conquered lands clean, and buried on the island.
  1. Makes me wonder, just how much the Allies recovered after the war.
  2. And how much Marcos, found.
  3. There is the well known 70's Gold Buddha, found by Roxas.
  4. Who's estate was awarded a large court settlement, never to collect.
  5. Some accounts say the Buddha was bronze, not gold.

I wonder how much is left?

Aug 31 2017
https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/08/31/17/imelda-wanted-to-return-part-of-7000-ton-gold-haul

MANILA - Former first lady now Ilocos Norte Rep. Imelda Marcos once wanted to return part of her family's 7,000-ton gold cache worth roughly P15 trillion, Buhay party-list Rep. Lito Atienza said Wednesday

Zobel said Marcos, then weak and ailing, showed him original certificates of the gold bars worth $35 billion, then based on the prevailing price of $400 per ounce, after Marcos asked to borrow some $250 million several months after the Marcos family landed in Hawaii. Marcos signed a promissory note for the loan, with the certificates meant to prove he could pay him back. The promissory note was dated October 17, 1988, one day before was indicted in the United States.

Apart from the gold certificates, which came mostly from Germany, Zobel said Marcos had in possession two more tranches of gold from Suriname, a sovereign state in the northeastern Atlantic coast of South America.

In all, he estimated that Marcos had total wealth of some $100 billion. When Flavier asked him if he heard it right, Zobel replied: “Yes, $100 billion.” That was in 1989.

Yes I do believe Marcos Got Part of it.
I don't think the Entire Treasure was Buried at One Spot .
Billions Worth. Today Maybe Trillions Worth ? In one Spot ? Nope,.

I Do also Believe the U.S. Killed Marcos & Stole a Large Part of what Marcos had.

There are Far More Treasures there then The Japanese.
During The time the u.s. was there, The Solders were Treasure Hunting & Treasure Finding.
There are Many News Paper articles of Soldiers Finding Buried Stashes.

The Pyramid was Cool Too

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed Episode One.

I Really liked the Way they got Down the Pit :laughing7:

Voice of the Commentator Sounded a Bit like the Guy from Oak Island :(