Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your budget? Do you need waterproof for underwater detecting? What sort of land and water are we talking about...salt water, fresh water, mountains, dessert, extreme cold or heat? What are your targets that you’re going after? Relics, coins? What, exactly, are your expectations from this"affordable" machine?

I have an AT Max as a backup machine, and my primary is the Equinox 600. The Nox meets all of my requirements, and exceeds my simple expectations. The Max has terrible audio, but hunts well in dry conditions and fresh water...hates salt water!

Last edited:

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett ATpro Sport

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone help me? What is the most affordable metal detector for land and water?

Equinox by far. great on salt beaches, can find tiny gold nuggets, thin gold chains and bracelets, silver and gold jewelry, coins and relics, lightweight, fast, water proof, Multi-IQ AND individual selectable frequencies.

OP
OP
SandMan1130

SandMan1130

Mar 6, 2019
Delray Beach, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Salt water for sure. Live in Delray Beach Florida. But I also search for relics on old farms

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta/Makro Multi Kruzer.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nokta/Makro Simplex, coming soon...

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Whites. Surf pi. Or surf tdi
best used surf pi for years and and produced great finds Pm me for further info if needed

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman the most affordable is a Garrett At-Pro for both land and water, that is not to say its the best for salt water, it works there but you need to work with the machine to find the sweet spot. Between all that most will say, I prefer the Mx Sport over the Eq 800 for salt water or water in general use. The MX Sport has a more robust feel to it when completely submerged and it is a tick cheaper than the Minelab Eq 800.
Good Luck!!
Stay Gold!
Opie

jk1031

Dec 7, 2014
Lockhart, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+ & Nokta Makro PulseDive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pre-ordered the Nokta Makro Simplex+, and it has exceeded my expectations so far.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thrilled your expectations were so low :laughing7: Just kidding. Ive been considering a back up detector and this sure appears to be good value. I have the Nokta pinpointer and its virtually bulletproof.

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread