• jewelry total ???

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well in the past week i have purchased 9 metal detectors
half are bounty hunters different models and some are better models i am planning a major family & friends hunt for the first time out.
i live on the oregon coast and we will hit the state park beach access and beach since some of them are programed for sand and salt.
ill be posting all the finds next weekend after the hunt.
i figure with 9 of us we will cover the whole park and about 1/4 mile of heavy traveled.
beach
How many coins do you think we will find total
the mystry awaits............I cant wait
Rick

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Ok...do you mean first time out for??? ??? Everyone including you...this would be a hard guess...but I am guessing you have detected before...with 8 people who have...have not??? if have not I will say 112...if you all are experience hunters I will say 204!

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DFX-Gregg said:
Ok...do you mean first time out for??? ??? Everyone including you...this would be a hard guess...but I am guessing you have detected before...with 8 people who have...have not??? if have not I will say 112...if you all are experience hunters I will say 204!
all newbies although i have done a little...very little so i guess all rookies

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
imafishingnutt said:
DFX-Gregg said:
all newbies although i have done a little...very little so i guess all rookies

Well I noticed you mentioned a quarter mile....not sure how these detectors will react in the wet sand/sand areas....I will say an average of 6-8 coins each so lets say 8 each making it 72... change of guess have fun and hopefully someone comes through and makes me wrong! ;)

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i say 3 coins and 57 pulltabs. they'll all walk around each other falsing each others detectors until a detector frenzy occurs. the aftermath will be one big hole!
;D

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Best of luck Rick! :)

I haven't found much on Oregon's beaches, for some reason they stay pretty clean. I think the time to hit them is immediately after a storm has swept much of the sand out and before the tides bring it back in. Winter and spring storms should be good.

You will probably find most of the coins nearer to the parking lot, rather than down on the beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread