What detector ist best for finding meteors?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We use several detectors, including the Fisher Goldbug II (VLF), and the Minelab GPX & GPZ machines (PI). You hunt meteorites with an "All Metal" machine. :occasion14:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For Nicole iron meteorites just about any machine will work. How deep you want to dig everything is another situation.

Shooting Star

Mar 3, 2019
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you meant meteorites. I don't think any metal detector will be able to detect a meteor in the sky. :)

(I know, I know, I'm nitpicking)

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Any detector with an “all metal” mode should be sufficient for surface and shallow depths.

The most common situation you will encounter is what are referred to as “meteorwrongs”, which are any non meteoritic targets with sufficient metal content to set of your detector. Depending on terrain, this type of object will be far more than 99% of targets. This also means you will have to dig every target that indicates any iron.

Time for more coffee.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread