Kellyco Huge Waste of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Dig U Dig

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drove forever in Orlando traffic to Kellyco showroom today. What a huge waste of time. Seems they decided to just leave a sign on the fence. BOOOOO KELLYCO!!!!!!
Will post the sign later, BTW after calling was told it's posted on the website. When I looked it up its in small text and you have to search for it.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Were they closed?

Deep1

Dec 30, 2018
Carolina Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nox 800, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II, Poor ole wore out Fisher 1266 that still finds stuff.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That sux.
Went there a few times in the 90's, it was like the Sears toy department at Christmas when I was a little boy, but with big boy toys.
There'd be people there from everywhere.

They had the latest and the greatest, that you could see,feel,touch and play with.
I wonder, with the internet, if they lost store traffic or the new owners decided to close it to put more money in their pocket.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well that's good to know. I usually just stopped by when I was in the area.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like many companies are in trouble in the industry

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is posted on their Website right below their store hours and people can call, also I think it was mention on forums as well somewhere.. Store in Wintersprings was closed sometime in December.

Last edited:

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw
Not a case of when the original owner passed the heir let the company go to the dogs?

g

nomad 11

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2009
nomads land
Detector(s) used
any tector i can get my hands on
definitely a bummer. everything is being consumed by the internet these days. no more brick an mortar. another lesson learned. call next time ? beem ne up Scotty !

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel Kellyco's pain. We opened our store 10 years ago and everything was great. Over the past 4 years our sales have declined to the point where my wife and i both had to get day jobs. We have had people walk in to our store and flat out tell us they just wanted to touch and feel the product before they ordered it on the net. Talk a bout a kick in the face!
Our store is now open on Saturdays only and will close when the lease runs out a year from now.

Anyhow...sorry you were not able to experience the show room at Kellyco. Don't blame them, blame everyone that thinks the best deals and service are online.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw a small bit of the nascar race today, I have no idea how they make money. There were very few in the stands

66Seabee

Greenie
Nov 16, 2017
Woodland Park, Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Equinox 800, AT Max, AT Pro, MXT, GMT, Goldmaster 4, Garrett Sea Hunter, Go Find 60.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On March 9 I attended a "seeded" hunt in Wabasso, FL put on by the TCAS metal detecting club in Sebastian. There were two reps from Kellyco there donating prizes and they stated that there are no plans in the future to ever open a "Showroom". I'm guessing economics is the big factor but I also didn't get a warm, fuzzy feeling about the future of Kellyco. Hope I'm wrong.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was told over a year ago that store sales was only a very small percentage of their total sales. Closing the showroom was a result of the sale as previous owners were not selling the property or building.

OP
OP
I

I Dig U Dig

Tenderfoot
May 13, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_2019-03-29-19-02-23.png 20190329_183149.jpg
I meant to post this a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.