Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.

The MX Sport is a great machine. IMO it is among the better machines available, and way under-rated in general.

OP
OP
B

Bryan1776

Jan 1, 2019
Ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES MX SPORT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see a lot of people using them, I got it because that's what Dad used back in the day..... but I have to say I'm pulling silver out down to 10 11" inch's with this thing. and some really nice artifacts!

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Bryan, its a great machine and so too is its brother the MX7. Detectorists are funny in there brand/model loyalty. Personally I prefer the Mx Sport to The Minelab Eq 800. The mine lab just feels flimsy to me in the water and kinda cheap out of it. I feel like I'll break it.
Stay Gold!
Opie

OP
OP
B

Bryan1776

Jan 1, 2019
Ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES MX SPORT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Opie

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bryan, I don't have the MX Sport, but I do own it's land loving brother, the MXT Pro. Whites makes some quality detectors. Continued Success to you.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own mx sport, have pulled silver quarters at a full 13 inches, dimes at 10 to 11,half dimes at 8 to 9. Thing goes real deep in all metal mode if you can handle the noise.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I just upgraded to the MX Sport from the Coinmaster. I really like it, and do well with it, but feel it is too advanced for my advanced years. I'll never learn it.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt beside an Mx sport and a V3i and we do lots of signal comparing. I'll hang onto my 800 thank you. Lots of deep coins being called iron.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hunt beside an Mx sport and a V3i and we do lots of signal comparing. I'll hang onto my 800 thank you. Lots of deep coins being called iron.

I have noticed that will happen rarely on super deep stuff and usually when you are not using the correct swing speed for the sat setting. but in all metal it still sounds good and not like iron. Question is, was the nox seeing what was there as well? I imagine it was. I have found the nox to excel over the sport in mineralized ground and trash mostly, depth has been pretty comparable in mild sites.

HighVDI

Silver Member
Feb 16, 2017
Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have noticed that will happen rarely on super deep stuff and usually when you are not using the correct swing speed for the sat setting. but in all metal it still sounds good and not like iron. Question is, was the nox seeing what was there as well? I imagine it was. I have found the nox to excel over the sport in mineralized ground and trash mostly, depth has been pretty comparable in mild sites.

The 800 consistantly out hunts both machines. Trashy spots it seems like even more. I don't know about Whites settings but I see what is in the finds pouches at the end of the day. To me it's the one thing that doesn't lie.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread