Assessment of the Non-Metallic Digging Tool

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My assessment of the Non-Metallic Digging Tool

I am happy to review the New Digging Tool created by Treasurenet (Tnet) member “Got-Good-Tones”. For the record, I do not know or have ever met the designer of this digger and I’m not receiving any form of monetary compensation for this honest review.

Upon receiving the package I quickly opened the box and expected to see the same old digging tools we use as metal detectorist. Not today! I thought for a minute of how I was to dig a plug with this tool? Then it occurred to me, it’s a secondary digging tool used after the initial plug is opened. This tool was specifically designed to extract targets without the worry of damaging if hit.

The digger is 12” long by 7/8” X 7/8” with a 1 ¼” taper at the cutting end of the digger. The handle cover material is thick and feels very comfortable in your hand. It has an orange color for easy recovery if dropped and probably will not be left behind. The digger is very strong (plastic) and very light weight and cannot be bent (I tried) by hand, and also by prying against small rocks and various tree roots with no success at breaking it.

I have tried the digger in various situations we find in our daily digging, such as, parks, fields, beaches, woods and bottle dumps. Where it shines is after the initial plug is dug and you’re searching for the target with a digger and pin pointer. The digger will not damage the target like others because of its plastic construction. This is a great tool for Coin, Relic and Bottle Hunters where targets usually are found in compacted dirt and careful extraction is a must.

Digger Pros and Cons

Pros:

• Light weight, strong and very comfortable in the hand
• Will not scratch the target
• Used as a secondary digger to protect old coins, relics and bottles
• Waterproof
• Easy to find if dropped
• Works well for shallow targets (beach, playground and woods)
• Plastic construction will not damage target or set off pin pointer
• Perfect for bottle digging

Cons:

• Does not remove large quantities of soil, sand…etc. (small surface area)
• Not a tool for cutting roots

I believe A2coins and Truth1253 also submitted reviews for this fine digger.

Regards,

Professor

Attachments

• 20190126_161648.jpg
    20190126_161648.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • 20190126_161656.jpg
    20190126_161656.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 50

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread