How much Money did they spend on OAk Island?

Joshbiz

May 2, 2014
Sugar Hill, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I have been thinking about this show every year and don't know if they are spending a ton of money or everything is donated so they can get there name out there?
I have started to read the new book by Randall Sullivan The Curse of Oak Island and the amount of money that everyone has spent digging these holes is astronomical. The worse are these brothers with there friends they roped into doing this. I cant believe I spent 15$ on the book.
I truly think they could have gotten a Metal Detecting Dig together for free and have 100 people walk across that island and at they end hand the stuff over and they would be way a head of where they are today.. I know the rules and treasure permits but just one DIOakIsland would have been a great deal of fun for us and them. there would have been a bunch of us from all over the world and it wouldn't cost them anything.. They would have filled that museum with all kinds of trinkets.
I have just been thinking about this and the cost, Any ideas on numbers?

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 28 (I believe that is the proper & real count) groups and individuals who searched before them since 1795 have not reported any good finds . . . so maybe #30 will be a charm when the next team takes over.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make no mistake, the money didn't vanish. Someone made off with it. Since the dawn of time people have been making money on that myth which is why it keeps growing and becoming more outlandish. There's a sucker born every minute, as the saying goes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions