fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife upgraded from a Fitbit Charge 2 to the Versa so I started wearing the Charge 2 just to see how I did.
I set the steps to 7500 a day seeing as how I am fully retired now. I wish I had this thing when I was working.
Anyway, each night I would check my steps and I found that I was bypassing the 7500.
But, my best day since I started about three weeks ago was this past Tuesday. I got 24,227 steps, 12 floors climbed and 11.26 miles! All this while sitting on my butt most of the day!
I had some roots from a pine tree sticking above the ground and my lawn mower blade was hitting them so I decided to remove them. The tree had been cut down 5 or 6 years ago so I figured the roots wouldn't be much problem. WRONG! I spent all day digging around them, most of the time with a small shovel while sitting down. Then, I got my sawzall out and started cutting the roots.
During a break I checked my fitbit and was surprised to see over 10,000 steps. So, I hit another root with the saw, re checked the fitbit and it had jumped almost 300 more steps.
By the end of the day I accumulated the steps, mileage and floors I posted in the beginning of this long winded post.
I have heard that these things are not real accurate but I have found myself walking more to get my step count up. And, I get in a lot of steps detecting!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will assume the vibration from the sawzall, shovel...etc. mimics the motion required by the sensor to trigger the stepping feature in the watch. :dontknow:

My Ebay "fakebit" $9.95 dollars works very well, but I've never tried to do heavy work while wearing it. :icon_thumleft:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to monitor my blood pressure.
Started looking at the Health App on the iPhone.

It tracks your "steps", but it usually isn't accurate.
It IS a measure of your activity level.

When I see days where I didn't get very many steps, it kind of makes me feel lazy.
I think they are a positive thing to have just for that reason.

Average person (whatever that is) gets 5000 steps a day.
Suggestion is 10,000 steps a day to stay healthy.

I'm thinking of buying the iWatch with GPS Wifii and 4G.
Just can't bring myself to spend that much money.
Would Love to leave the phone home and never worry about losing it.
"Where is my phone...oh on my wrist!"

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I married one.

"Get off the couch and take the dg for a walk!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread