Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree48Likes
  • 14 Post By dirtlooter
  • 6 Post By pat-tekker-cat
  • 3 Post By dirtlooter
  • 6 Post By old digger
  • 5 Post By BC1969
  • 5 Post By Older The Better
  • 3 Post By xcopperstax
  • 2 Post By dirtlooter
  • 3 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By devldog

Thread: The Wife just got into the Red Wasps

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
    10988 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)

The Wife just got into the Red Wasps

So, I am sitting in my electric recliner with my legs propped up, Doctors orders. Suddenly the back door, a glass sliding door is jerked open and my wife is screaming bloody murder as she runs into the living room. She is jerking clothes off and yelling that they are still stinging her. I am trying to get this stupid electric chair to let my feet down enough so I can hopefully get to my feet with out falling over myself. As I get up, her overalls are off and her shirt is being slung to the side. I'm looking her over as she angrily describes her stings and I can see them across her side and back down to her upper thigh. I gather her overalls up and begin turning them inside out. Yep, there he is, big orange wasp and he ain't too happy. So I did the man thing and killed it and showed her. I am her hero and she gets redressed. She was planting tomatoes in a couple of big planters but had bumped the old wooden clothesline posts. She is 60 today and as we found out, she can still move pretty quick when needed to. She just told me that she was sure that she would be very sore in the morning from her "moves." She also grinned as she said, You didn't know what was going on except I was screaming and ripping clothes off. I smiled and told her that I had seen people do it numerous times, just not very many women. For some reason I prefer women doing it LOL. Anyways, the little biters and stingers are out at least around here, IN THE 80's TODAY!
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6726 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtlooter View Post
    She is 60 today and as we found out, she can still move pretty quick when needed to.
    I have to admit, that did make me chuckle, just a little....
    *was that wrong?

Wish her Happy Birthday for me.

If you can get some tobacco, either chaw or a cigarette,
    wet it with a little water (or spit if no water available ), apply a pinch to the bites.
    Cover them with band-aids (or, as I have done on the job, ducktape ).
    Leave that tobacco on them as long as you can, till bedtime or even sleep with them on.
    Do take them off in the morning, if she sleeps with them on tonight.

Something about tobacco, pulls the pain out.
    For me, it's meant some stinging for a few hours,
    versus pain for days.

maybe a hit of benedryl, too.
    or a naproxen (anti-inflammatory) pain reliever, like Aleve.
    Last edited by pat-tekker-cat; Apr 09, 2019 at 07:40 PM.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    10988 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    yeah, five minutes after the sting I am okay, no problems. As a kid, we hunted for wasp nests for their larvae for fish bait. plus we just like shooting them with bb guns and wrist rockets. So we got stung a lot. Now yellow jackets and hornets were a far different story. There is this little furry light brownish Caterpillar that we called Asps that were pure murder. every place that a hair hit your flesh burned like hell and for a long while. These could nearly make you cry. The good thing is that there is enough green leaves growing that our distant neighbors didn't get to see the show....now they might have heard it. She is feeling better now and is laughing about how she didn't care, the clothes were coming off.
    gold boy, Brendan75 and devldog like this.
    LUKE 15 : 8 "OR WHAT WOMAN, IF SHE HAS TEN SILVER COINS AND LOSES ONE COIN,DOES NOT LIGHT A LAMP AND SWEEP THE HOUSE AND SEARCH CAREFULLY UNTIL SHE FINDS IT?" 15 : 9 "AND WHEN SHE HAS FOUND IT, SHE CALLS TOGETHER HER FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS, SAYING, "REJOICE WITH ME, FOR I HAVE FOUND THE COIN WHICH I HAD LOST!"

us
    Dennis

Jan 2012
    Montana
    White's MXT
    5119 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Sorry to hear, they can be relentless. Try putting some moistened Baking Soda on the sting to suck out some of the poison, and ease the pain.

us
    Sep 2013
    Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
    7771 times
    Ever have your older brother say, watch this while out rabbit hunting and he shoots the massive bald faced hornet nest with a 20 gauge shotgun..run! Run away!!

us
    Apr 2017
    south east kansas
    Whites Eagle Spectrum
    663 times
    Wasps are a-holes, one of my earliest memories is going to play in the sandbox and getting stung on my neck... I was shocked something would be so angry at innocent me trying to play in the sand.... I donít go out of my way to harm many living things but wasps got to go

us
    Sep 2018
    Massachusetts
    Garrett AT Max
    1374 times
    One night I had a dream I was getting struck by lighting. I awoke and it felt like an electric shock as it got me again. I flailed my body around in bed wildly in a panic. I got up and discovered a massive hornet bigger than any I'd ever seen. It had probably wandered in through the skylight during the day. It was now damaged and got flushed down the toilet.
    Brendan75, devldog and RustyGold like this.

us
    Title? old fart

Jun 2014
    mid western ARK
    10988 times
    Relic Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1969 View Post
    Ever have your older brother say, watch this while out rabbit hunting and he shoots the massive bald faced hornet nest with a 20 gauge shotgun..run! Run away!!
    I didn't know anyone could outrun a hornet, Hornets are bad news with all capital letters. I knew a guy that cut a hornet nest down one very cold day and brought it in the house and forgot about it. He had a house full of angry hornets, lesson learned the hard way.
    Brendan75 and devldog like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    21996 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Another good deed, congrats!
    Brendan75, devldog and RustyGold like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    852 times
    Dirtlooter if you need help checking for more wasp stingers Snd stings. Rusty Gold would probably love you hahaha.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

us
    Mar 2012
    Georgia
    Whites MXT ALL PRO,
    2540 times
    Relic Hunting
    DirtLooter, I'm sorry to hear of your wife's Wasp Episode. Those rascals can pack a punch for sure. I'm glad she didn't have an allergic reaction. On her Birthday too. Wish her a Happy belated Birthday for me.
    RustyGold likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6255 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Sorry that happened to your wife DL especially on her birthday. Hope she’s feeling better today.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 & 600 720i Stealth Scoop
    6255 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Dirtlooter if you need help checking for more wasp stingers Snd stings. Rusty Gold would probably love you hahaha.
    🤨 Say Whut?

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links