Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So, I am sitting in my electric recliner with my legs propped up, Doctors orders. Suddenly the back door, a glass sliding door is jerked open and my wife is screaming bloody murder as she runs into the living room. She is jerking clothes off and yelling that they are still stinging her. I am trying to get this stupid electric chair to let my feet down enough so I can hopefully get to my feet with out falling over myself. As I get up, her overalls are off and her shirt is being slung to the side. I'm looking her over as she angrily describes her stings and I can see them across her side and back down to her upper thigh. I gather her overalls up and begin turning them inside out. Yep, there he is, big orange wasp and he ain't too happy. So I did the man thing and killed it and showed her. I am her hero and she gets redressed. She was planting tomatoes in a couple of big planters but had bumped the old wooden clothesline posts. She is 60 today and as we found out, she can still move pretty quick when needed to. She just told me that she was sure that she would be very sore in the morning from her "moves." She also grinned as she said, You didn't know what was going on except I was screaming and ripping clothes off. I smiled and told her that I had seen people do it numerous times, just not very many women. For some reason I prefer women doing it LOL. Anyways, the little biters and stingers are out at least around here, IN THE 80's TODAY! :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is 60 today and as we found out, she can still move pretty quick when needed to.
I have to admit, that did make me chuckle, just a little.... :laughing7:
*was that wrong? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

Wish her Happy Birthday for me.

If you can get some tobacco, either chaw or a cigarette,
wet it with a little water (or spit :laughing7: if no water available ), apply a pinch to the bites.
Cover them with band-aids (or, as I have done on the job, ducktape :laughing7: ).
Leave that tobacco on them as long as you can, till bedtime or even sleep with them on.
Do take them off in the morning, if she sleeps with them on tonight.

Something about tobacco, pulls the pain out. :dontknow:
For me, it's meant some stinging for a few hours,
versus pain for days. :notworthy:

maybe a hit of benedryl, too.
or a naproxen (anti-inflammatory) pain reliever, like Aleve.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yeah, five minutes after the sting I am okay, no problems. As a kid, we hunted for wasp nests for their larvae for fish bait. plus we just like shooting them with bb guns and wrist rockets. So we got stung a lot. Now yellow jackets and hornets were a far different story. There is this little furry light brownish Caterpillar that we called Asps that were pure murder. every place that a hair hit your flesh burned like hell and for a long while. These could nearly make you cry. The good thing is that there is enough green leaves growing that our distant neighbors didn't get to see the show....now they might have heard it. She is feeling better now and is laughing about how she didn't care, the clothes were coming off.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear, they can be relentless. Try putting some moistened Baking Soda on the sting to suck out some of the poison, and ease the pain.

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasps are a-holes, one of my earliest memories is going to play in the sandbox and getting stung on my neck... I was shocked something would be so angry at innocent me trying to play in the sand.... I don’t go out of my way to harm many living things but wasps got to go

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One night I had a dream I was getting struck by lighting. I awoke and it felt like an electric shock as it got me again. I flailed my body around in bed wildly in a panic. I got up and discovered a massive hornet bigger than any I'd ever seen. It had probably wandered in through the skylight during the day. It was now damaged and got flushed down the toilet.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ever have your older brother say, watch this while out rabbit hunting and he shoots the massive bald faced hornet nest with a 20 gauge shotgun..run! Run away!! :laughing7:

I didn't know anyone could outrun a hornet, Hornets are bad news with all capital letters. I knew a guy that cut a hornet nest down one very cold day and brought it in the house and forgot about it. He had a house full of angry hornets, lesson learned the hard way.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another good deed, congrats! :notworthy:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirtlooter if you need help checking for more wasp stingers Snd stings. Rusty Gold would probably love you hahaha.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DirtLooter, I'm sorry to hear of your wife's Wasp Episode. Those rascals can pack a punch for sure. I'm glad she didn't have an allergic reaction. On her Birthday too. Wish her a Happy belated Birthday for me.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry that happened to your wife DL especially on her birthday. Hope she’s feeling better today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread