Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Who are the people here that hunt the legendary lost treasures?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2019
    PA
    29 times
    Document research, map reading

Who are the people here that hunt the legendary lost treasures?

There are a lot of people that I see like the coin shoots, and the relic hunts. But who are the people here that hunt the legendary lost treasures?

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2007
    7786 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by research guy View Post
    There are a lot of people that I see like the coin shoots, and the relic hunts. But who are the people here that hunt the legendary lost treasures?
    Everything we find is a legendary lost treasure in its own rights!
    BC1969, A2coins, solx nys and 5 others like this.
    “It is best as one grows older to strip oneself of possessions, to shed oneself downward like a tree, to be almost wholly earth before one dies.”

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    9859 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Not me
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

May 2005
    Drake, Costa Rica
    120 times
    not sure they would admit to such

Bill

us
    Sep 2013
    Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
    7771 times
    Quoting the above replies..
    Loose lips, sink ships!

Treasure ? What treasure??
    He went that way!

BC

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    22152 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    People sometimes will ask you looking for treasure and believe me I am robbery loot jars of coins I did find a jar of pennies but my town is too boring no treasure tales but I'm still looking. Tommy
    Still Available ​Approved TreasureNet Stickers
    .:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::.
    .:: $2.25 for 1" x 4" Detector Sticker ::.
    (Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    11206 times
    Metal Detecting
    Well since the Peacock Throne is whereabouts unknown I do keep an eye out in case someone buried it in a local park or old fairgrounds.

You never know.
    America was founded by tough hell-raisers. Rugged citizens who evaded taxes, spoke strongly against tyranny, grew tobacco, brewed beer, distilled spirits, and smuggled weapons. And it will be saved by those same types of citizens.

us
    Sep 2013
    Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
    7771 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    People sometimes will ask you looking for treasure and believe me I am robbery loot jars of coins I did find a jar of pennies but my town is too boring no treasure tales but I'm still looking. Tommy
    I know someone who buried a jar of Mercs in Hines park..dunno if it has ever been found.
    I haven't..

BC

us
    Nov 2003
    Orange Co. NY
    White's xlt,Tesoro Silver umax, and Compadre.
    30 times
    I take a stab at local legendary treasures at times.

No luck yet.
    You know it's a good day when you not only have surface finds of Pulltabs, but pull two out of the same hole.

Jul 2015
    8 times
    They didn’t find them yet on oak island.

us
    Feb 2006
    Brownwood, Texas
    Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett Ace 250, Garrett Deepseeker, Dowsing Rods
    1162 times
    I do, and I'm not embarrassed to admit it. The lure of legendary treasures is what first got me into metal detecting/treasure hunting when I was 14 in 1969 so I've been seeking and finding treasure of all kinds ever since. In those days, long before the Internet, it was the legendary treasures that got most of us into the hobby because treasure and old western magazines published stories about them in every issue unlike now, when those of us who seek the big treasures have to rely on old books and other forms of offline research to get most of our leads as the Net is severely lacking in that regard. We didn't have or need computerized detectors, pinpointers, and digital cameras (filming our every find) wasting our time. We spent it actually treasure hunting, not trying to make a popular YouTube video. But don't ask me if I've ever found one of those legendary treasures because that's strictly between me and the IRS.
    ~Texas Jay

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2012
    Blackfoot, Idaho
    White's GMT, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO 'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
    2970 times
    Prospecting
    I'll admit I've spent a lot of hours hunting down the gold from an old stage robbery. Fortunately, it's not far from home, so I can be out there in 45 minutes. It's a nice break from prospecting.
    Jim

Oct 2016
    937 times
    Researching Treasure Stories Author
    Plenty of lost treasure leads to be found, research is important. Of course this topic is of interest to me, yesterday our 19th book was released.

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    9859 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiredman View Post
    .... research is important. ....
    Here is where the devil is in the details. I assume, that by the "research" you allude to, is to ascertain the validity and truthfulness of the various components of the story. Eg.: Names of actual persons that .... yes did exist, and yes did live there, etc... Right ? Names and dates of battles or bank-robberies, etc.... Right ? Factual-ness of persons who said they saw such & such, and therefore suspect such & such, etc.... Right ?

And for every-single-one of the treasure legends: YES ! You can fill volumes full of "facts that line up". Eg.: Names, dates, events, probable conspiracy motives, "uncanny squiggles on rocks", fuel capacity of ships, fibers, etc....

None of the legends ever starts with: "Once upon a time". And so your "research" would be a success. Right ? The treasure legend crowd can announce "true", eh ?

But this fails to take into account that ALL treasure legends are based on facts. Eg.: Names, dates, events. Around which is spun a treasure story. So let's say that your "research" shows that 99% of the story is "true". Ok, but if the 1% (about the treasure) isn't true, then what good does the 99% true do ?
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

us
    Sep 2016
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Equinox 800, White's Goldmaster
    123 times
    I do a lot of big Alaskan legends. Check out the website in my signature. It has some of my bigger projects.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links