xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up as a skateboarder. Pulaski Park in Washington D.C. was a legendary skate spot / mecca. The marble ledges were as good as gold to a young skateboarder. My friends and I went on a road trip in the mid 90's to try to skate there but it rained so we went to the Smithsonian instead. People still skate there today despite decades of playing cat and mouse with the park rangers. I never knew anything about Casimir Pulaski. I heard this story on NPR the other day and it's pretty fascinating:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/ct-life-casimir-pulaski-intersex-040319-story.html

I'm sure this post will be controversial because it touches on some current politics. The way I see it is that it doesn't really change anything about his achievements, it's some new information about a figure who was crucial to the formation of America as we know it. I support what archeologists and scientists do but imagine living with this secret and a couple hundred years later some nosey scientist is like "we have to tell the world about this guy's biological secret identity" Probably not something that 1700's Casimir wanted to talk about around the campfire with his troops. I feel for him even though he's long gone. It must have been a tough thing to live with back then. It's a tough thing for people to be born with now I can't imagine what they go through in our society.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Ok. And ... uh ...... this has *what* to do with md'ing ? :dontknow:

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used