Research tools that work

Pa_Dirtfisher

Sep 28, 2014
Mercer County
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Safari. Whites TRX pin pointer and Deteknix pin pointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PennDirtDigger

Mar 10, 2019
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love penn pilot. I also use historicaerials.com. You can pay for a membership but for what I want it’s not needed. You can split the map and have one side set to today’s date and the other side set to as far back as 1942 it has a nice slide feature that lets you move from one map to the other to look at the same spot in both eras. Also let’s you mark map for exact gps coordinates. I have found old homesteads in the woods and walked right to them.

Matt406

Apr 18, 2019
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. I’m looking for anyone who lives around Roanoke va. I recently moved here with my wife and three children and I’m looking for some good ground to explore??

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello everyone. I’m looking for anyone who lives around Roanoke va. I recently moved here with my wife and three children and I’m looking for some good ground to explore??

Roanoke requires a metal detecting permit, free but it expires annually. It's pretty explicit though = you can't search under a tree shade.

You can contact Parks & Recreation via postal mail and they'll send you a free permit = at least they did 5 years ago.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread