Second style 2019 W Quarter now in Circulation

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know this is a "dumb" question, but why are these worth so much? Aren't these going to be the equivalent of "clad" in just a few months? What am I missing?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is a "dumb" question, but why are these worth so much? Aren't these going to be the equivalent of "clad" in just a few months? What am I missing?

Low production numbers...kinda like the Game of Thrones Oreo Cookies. Supply and demand.

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Low production numbers...kinda like the Game of Thrones Oreo Cookies. Supply and demand.

So are people snataching them up thinking they'll be the next 1901 S Barber quarter or 1916 D Mercury dime?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will never be worth a 1916D dime, but will always be worth more than 25 cents. Supply and demand indeed, although the high priced ones are dropping like rocks right now. It was stabilize in price next year.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So are people snataching them up thinking they'll be the next 1901 S Barber quarter or 1916 D Mercury dime?

In a nutshell the answer is yes. If your a Game of Thrones Fan, the cookies are a big deal. People have shrines dedicated to the Game of Thrones and these cookies will add to that collection. In some ways the Game of Thrones collector is getting the better bargain because you get to eat the cookies! YUMMM

In the world of coins, the 1916 D dime is something to enhance the coin collectors collection as well. I just don't think the dime would taste as good as the cookies

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to try to get all five types.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there a way or place to get new quarter rolls I went to my bank and bought some rolls she thought were newer but no 2019s any advice or just a crap shoot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread