underwater detector question

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The Excaliber will not find nuggets (unless they are pea sized or larger). In fact, there are hardly any cross-over machines for both nuggets and coin/jewelry. The reason is, the nugget hunters need a machine that is sensitive enough to find grain of rice sized nuggets, whereas a coin/relic/jewelry machine wants to pass flitty staple type gargbage, and go for depth on coin sized items. The MXT comes to mind as a cross-over (it's not waterproof), but there were compromises to make a machine that can switch back & forth like that. Ie.: there are better coin/jewelry machines than the MXT, and there are better nugget machines than the MXT, as the MXT is just a compromise unit. I know of no underwater cross-over machine.

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
KD,

Get a Tesoro Tigershark, It will it all.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
zeawolf,

Tom in Ca had his facts right about Water/Nugget detectors. No really good cross over machines for that purpose. I've been using a Tesoro TS all summer in the water and it is very sensitive to small gold, but I hesitate to recommend it as an effective nugget hunter (Even though I'm a Tesoro dealer). If you have any questions about the Tesoro's send me a PM. Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread