Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So this morning, before my wife headed off to the school, she reminded me that tomorrow we were going to Ft Smith (90+ miles north of us). So I have tomorrow on the brain as I hurry about my tasks. It has rained all night and all day and is supposed to until late this evening. It has rained three inches so far and is pretty steady right now.

Anyways, I run to the hardware store to get some electrical connections for the new pontoon boat. I am installing all LED lights for the flood lights and also blacklights around the bottom for crappy fishing at night. New electronics as well and so I have been making a new fuse panel for the boat. I get my stuff and since it is raining, I decide to smoke a couple of chuck roasts so I go get two. I get home and first thing is to get the smoker going so I get that started.

The cat is griping about something but I am too busy at first and then realize that a huge snapping turtle was now in our back yard and the cat doesn't like it. Oh well, it is what it is, I have meat to take care of. I get the smoker going in the dry and am sitting as I keep an eye on the temps for a while. I get up and began thinking about the stuff I had bought and it hit me that I had forgotten to get the trash out!

I look at the time and there is no time to put rain gear on, I need to get it out and I am hoping that they are running a little behind. I drag the trash can (on wheels) up the 80 yard plus driveway in the rain as I hurry to get it there. Normally my dad brings his down and leaves it there but it isn't there but heck, it is raining. I go ahead and check the mail and it suddenly hits me, this is Thursday, not Friday. The wife has Friday off...Duh! So now, I drag the trash can back in the rain to the house. Feel like an idiot but oh well, the snapper is gone. Got the chucks wrapped now so all is well and drier. May not tell the wife but she might could use the laugh.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good one DL, no harm, no foul! Do it all the time, just keep it quiet!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I find this is happening more and more...:dontknow:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Turtle soup, make it snappy! Can’t believe you passed on that. Just saw my first big one of the year in the middle of the road. Had to pass it up, I was in my company’s truck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread