xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct, I am just a bit baffled by those who would think of themselves as THers wanting their mug on TV.

Bill

In this day and age of youtube where everyone can be a star... and tv treasure hunters... we tend to forget that these people are entertainers of sorts. They are sharing their quest and their finds and knowlege with a sometimes large audience. It's not solely for their fame. As much as I laugh at the youtube video makers I really love watching people make the finds.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A narcissist is someone who "gets off" on himself. These kinds of people are found in all walks of life. Someone who is simply fascinated by finding interesting or valuable things or the adventure that goes with it, is a treasure hunter.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I think very little about myself .. a mere fluke of the universe ... but I love getting out and swinging a detector. If I find something, that's great .. If I don't.. That's great too! I think it stems from my grandfather's teachings to me as a child - The Lesson: "He who expectith nothing. ain't going to be disappointed" I live by that lesson.

Sep 15, 2015
Bowie, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading all the different discussions in the forums, I think there is someone in CA that answer that question often. JMHO

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like most Youtubers are the type that like to hear them selves talk and they are the people that love to talk and talk...

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel like most Youtubers are the type that like to hear them selves talk and they are the people that love to talk and talk...
Youtubers are an interesting bag of mixed nuts. Some are so full of themselves that ive unsubscribed from their channels, while some others I can watch for hours. After 68 years on this blue orb, I’ve gotten pretty good at sizing up folks within the first few minutes of meeting them or watching their channels, and I can pretty much figure who’s a phony and who’s genuine. I’m pretty sure others my age are able do the same.

From that "superpower" :headbang: I’ve determined is that I’m my own best friend, and I mostly enjoy spending time with myself, especially when detecting and small game hunting. I’m not antisocial, it’s just that I get tired of the "one upmanship" that comes with so many people, and their need to compete every time we go out. I’m going out to enjoy the day, not to compete against anyone...even myself!

I can count my true friends on a few fingers of one hand, and the rest of the people around me I count as acquaintances...they show up when they want or need something, and then you don’t hear from them until their next moment of desperation. Blood relatives are in this latter category as well, although I don’t hear from them as often since selling my pickup truck. (They weren’t happy about losing their delivery vehicle!)

As was said before, narcissists are found across the general population, but the one group that takes the cake are politicians...they also dominate the liar class as well. :laughing9:

JMHO YMMV

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As was said before, narcissists are found across the general population, but the one group that takes the cake are politicians...they also dominate the liar class as well.

Politicians? That ain't narcissism, it is phsycopathy. :laughing7:

Don't ever vote for a politician. Vote for statesmen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread