boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea I have a plant that the top of the soil gets whitish hope it's not mold
You in a desert area or have real hard water? I was told it was from mineral AKA hard water. My planter boxes get it and I scrape it off and throw it on the grass. Try adding in a little potting mix after you scrape it & break up the soil. Oh yeah, both the grass & boxes are doing great.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Fistfulladirt, I try my best to teach wonderment and amazement to the children of the neighborhood. To watch a child who has little fresh vegetables pick a green bean or suger snap pea or a fresh carrot
and then rinse it and eat it for the first time amazes many of them and makes them wonder what this tastes like and what that tastes like. Then the adventure begins for the children and it can last a lifetime.
Joe McDonough
Then they spit it out.

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FFOD, actually I just had 7-8 black/hispanic/white kids raid my radish planter and wipe me out. White girl/mixed race girl smelling my giant german Iris' today.

Open the door and they will explore!.....Joe McDonough

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an excellent vegetable garden is on the way. Good luck. Tonight they are talking about a possible frost and it's June.

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fistfulladirt, I try my best to teach wonderment and amazement to the children of the neighborhood. To watch a child who has little fresh vegetables pick a green bean or suger snap pea or a fresh carrot
and then rinse it and eat it for the first time amazes many of them and makes them wonder what this tastes like and what that tastes like. Then the adventure begins for the children and it can last a lifetime.
Joe McDonough

I still remember picking and trying garden grown vegetables for the first time. Yes, the radishes were wild!

All of my plants are in the ground... Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, potatoes, zucchini, melons, pumpkins... at least the staples. I hope to put out some sweet corn and sunflowers. Like all of the farmers around here, things are going in late. I was lucky in putting them in a month ago, but didn’t get finished and farming was higher priority.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kantuck, I only have a growing area of 30'x20' so most of my plants are in buckets(45).
In the ground are Kentucky wonder pole beans, vineing cucumbers, bush cucumbers, green arrow peas, sun glo tomatoes, Box Car Willie tomatoes, Cherokee purple tomatoes, Black Krim tomatoes.
Silver Queen corn, Butter and Cream corn and garlic. Everything else is on growing tables in buckets.

Best wishes to you and tours.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
60E4697E-F82C-4E41-A5A0-EC2AB12BD650.jpeg technical glitch! I am trying to post photos of my garden through my son or brother. I don't have the skill to do so myself.
Hopefully we can get this done right.....Joe McDonough

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread