Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Detector Purchase Choices Help

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2016
    CT
    40 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I ended up going with the Minelab Equinox 800 today. It’s on its way to me so hopefully I will be able to update how I am making out by the end of this weekend if it shows up on time this Friday.
    Iffy Signals and JoeVal like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2018
    Rhode Island
    Current-Deus & Equinox 800. Past - CTX, F75, AT Pro/Max, F44, Patriot.
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxer007 View Post
    I ended up going with the Minelab Equinox 800 today. It’s on its way to me so hopefully I will be able to update how I am making out by the end of this weekend if it shows up on time this Friday.
    Congrats! Great Choice.. Newest multi freq technology out there. Good luck with it and happy hunting!
    iffy signals - youtube

us
    Mar 2010
    Southwest Georgia
    XP Deus, White's DFX
    5531 times
    My buddy just got the 800 and he whipped my butt on our last hunt. But, in my defense I found out today that my X35 coil may be defective. I have one more thing to try tomorrow before I send it back. I liked the 800 but it is a little coil heavy just like my White's DFX. That is why I went with the Deus.
    My wife does all the driving, I just hold the steering wheel.

us
    Oct 2018
    NE Ohio
    Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett AT Max Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
    889 times
    Welcome to TN! Itís a nice place with nice people.

Congrats on your decision. I bought the Nox 600 previously owned for an excellent price, thinking I would be able to sell it and upgrade to the 800 down the road. Itís been 200+ hours of swinging and I see no need for the other bells and whistles that make the 600 into an 800. Both have identical performance specs, with both operating all five frequencies in Multi-IQ. I have yet to find a need to go into single frequency, so isolating 20 & 40 kHz is a non issue, and thereís no gold prospecting in this boys future.

If you havenít found her already, Relic Dirtyhands YouTube channel has excellent, brief tutorials on the Equinox. Each 2-3 minute video helps to understand each area of the owners manual, without simply reading the manual.

Be sure to download the manual an go through it. I have it on my iPhone as a reference if needed to understand a feature.

Happy Hunting

Hereís a little cheat sheet to get you started. FYI, pull tabs show up 13-16, along with the gold. Thatís a sick trick to get you to dig pull tabs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA965F68-6674-4EA0-A986-E9F00AD8F1E8.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	457.5 KB 
ID:	1711204
    Last edited by JoeVal; May 10, 2019 at 11:32 AM.
    Loco-Digger likes this.

us
    Aug 2016
    CT
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeVal View Post
    Welcome to TN! Itís a nice place with nice people.

Congrats on your decision. I bought the Nox 600 previously owned for an excellent price, thinking I would be able to sell it and upgrade to the 800 down the road. Itís been 200+ hours of swinging and I see no need for the other bells and whistles that make the 600 into an 800. Both have identical performance specs, with both operating all five frequencies in Multi-IQ. I have yet to find a need to go into single frequency, so isolating 20 & 40 kHz is a non issue, and thereís no gold prospecting in this boys future.

If you havenít found her already, Relic Dirtyhands YouTube channel has excellent, brief tutorials on the Equinox. Each 2-3 minute video helps to understand each area of the owners manual, without simply reading the manual.

Be sure to download the manual an go through it. I have it on my iPhone as a reference if needed to understand a feature.

Happy Hunting

Hereís a little cheat sheet to get you started. FYI, pull tabs show up 13-16, along with the gold. Thatís a sick trick to get you to dig pull tabs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA965F68-6674-4EA0-A986-E9F00AD8F1E8.jpeg 
Views:	4 
Size:	457.5 KB 
ID:	1711204

Thank you for this sheet that will help out for sure at least for getting started. I got a chance to mess with it a little yesterday for the first time, but the weather around here has not been to good. Hoping I can get out tomorrow for a while and see how it goes.

Thank You
    Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links