Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Most of you detect alone, meaning that your wife doesn't hunt with you or not all the time. So you are outside and usually tromping around where many things are growing. If you just look around, there are so many kinds of wild flowers growing everywhere. Most women are into the little things very deeply and they can mean more to them than some of the big things we get them. Wild flowers, you can put them in anything, place them in the center of a table and when she walks in, she immediately focuses on them. What she sees? not that you didn't spend anything on them but that you took the time to go out of your way to pick them just for her. little things like this can add up quickly.

Another easy thing, is to buy a bag of assorted chocolate truffles or her favorite kind. You don't give her the bag, you set one right where she can find it first thing in the morning or as she goes to work. The next morning you place another one in a different but easy spot to find and so on. By the third or fourth morning, she is up and searching for the next one. easy and cheap and they love it! These little things tell her that you think about her and care about her constantly.

I ask older guys when was the last time that they actually went for some moonlight walks or stopping and cranking up the music and slow dancing by the car or truck. I have a mountain behind me with a skyline drive and look outs. I will take my wife on the spur of the moment and get something to take up there to eat and we sit on the tailgate and watch the moon come up. They love it! Makes life a lot easier on you too. Warning though, this can add some spark to your marriage. Just saying.....DL

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She took some of my gold and turned it into a 1300 dollar water heater Ill keep an eye out for a proper weed. Kiddin good thought.

travis.gore.79

Sep 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right about “the little things”
They just want to know that we care. It can be as easy as a post it note.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
most of the time, the wives and kids just want some of us but we are or can be s busy making a living that we assume that they know that we love them. Little things add up quickly and can make life even better for us. Sometimes they surprise us when properly motivated. might even get them to go detecting with you, you never know. I picked five different kinds of flowers yesterday and put them in a container and set them on the table. The wife came dragging in (works with special needs kids) but instantly brightened up when she saw the flowers. Meant more to her than roses because she knew what I had to do to get them. I have put them in old soda bottles, mason jars, whatever, it doesn't matter to them and might even mean more that way. I get fewer arguments about getting something else for my detecting too.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The flower thing might work for you but the last couple times I walked in with flowers the response was "OK, what'd ya do now?" She knows me so well..........

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The flower thing might work for you but the last couple times I walked in with flowers the response was "OK, what'd ya do now?" She knows me so well..........

still worth a try and the chocolate truffles one at a time work wonders too

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtlooter I love reading your posts and this one made me smile all the way through it. What you said is so true.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great advice but, the woman, she's married too and we're not just hunks of manly flesh to be buying chocolate and taking moonlight drives. When was the last time your wife said, "Hey, you look tired, Put your feet up and let me get you a cold drink to wash away the dust in your throat?"

It is a two way street we're on.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sure love your life stories...:notworthy:

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great advice but, the woman, she's married too and we're not just hunks of manly flesh to be buying chocolate and taking moonlight drives. When was the last time your wife said, "Hey, you look tired, Put your feet up and let me get you a cold drink to wash away the dust in your throat?"

just about every day, she even works on my feet. of course I do the same for her as well as massaging her feet etc. I guess you can say that she dotes on me now but I do on her too. I took her from being a Yankee from New Hampshire that did nothing outdoors to hunting and fishing, gardens, metal detecting and anything else I want to do. Yes, she cleans game and fish and even drags if she can. She is now a pretty decent shot if needs be, can crappie fish and bass fish. She wants to do everything with me now, we have become best friends. Of course I am willing to go and do things that she wants to do as well but now pretty much we are on the same page. We go into Bass Pro Shop and she is the one filling up the basket. We are very competitive on everything but I am totally fine with her kicking my butt. She wakes me up wanting to know if we are going detecting or fishing or hunting whatever. it all started with the little things, just saying.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just about every day, she even works on my feet. of course I do the same for her as well as massaging her feet etc. I guess you can say that she dotes on me now but I do on her too. I took her from being a Yankee from New Hampshire that did nothing outdoors to hunting and fishing, gardens, metal detecting and anything else I want to do. Yes, she cleans game and fish and even drags if she can. She is now a pretty decent shot if needs be, can crappie fish and bass fish. She wants to do everything with me now, we have become best friends. Of course I am willing to go and do things that she wants to do as well but now pretty much we are on the same page. We go into Bass Pro Shop and she is the one filling up the basket. We are very competitive on everything but I am totally fine with her kicking my butt. She wakes me up wanting to know if we are going detecting or fishing or hunting whatever. it all started with the little things, just saying.

Feeling a bit nauseous here.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have pondered a response for several minutes. Full laundry baskets and dishes have danced in my brain. 52 years of wisdom have guided me into the position of STFU I m going to be quiet and not say anything here. The peace I am experiencing now will continue

May 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of you detect alone, meaning that your wife doesn't hunt with you or not all the time. So you are outside and usually tromping around where many things are growing. If you just look around, there are so many kinds of wild flowers growing everywhere. Most women are into the little things very deeply and they can mean more to them than some of the big things we get them. Wild flowers, you can put them in anything, place them in the center of a table and when she walks in, she immediately focuses on them as birthday wishes . What she sees? not that you didn't spend anything on them but that you took the time to go out of your way to pick them just for her myanimelist . little things like this can add up quickly.

Another easy thing, is to buy a bag of assorted chocolate truffles or her favorite kind. You don't give her the bag, you set one right where she can find it first thing in the morning or as she goes to work. The next morning you place another one in a different but easy spot to find and so on. By the third or fourth morning, she is up and searching for the next one. easy and cheap and they love it! These little things tell her that you think about her and care about her constantly.

I ask older guys when was the last time that they actually went for some moonlight walks or stopping and cranking up the music and slow dancing by the car or truck. I have a mountain behind me with a skyline drive mathway and look outs. I will take my wife on the spur of the moment and get something to take up there to eat and we sit on the tailgate and watch the moon come up. They love it! Makes life a lot easier on you too. Warning though, this can add some spark to your marriage. Just saying.....DL

little thoughtfulness towards the people who are important to you, just so you can make them feel that they are special and you need them is what makes life a little bit easier, not only the husbands but the wives should show their gratitude too.

JoeVal

Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: I’ve been married almost 47 years, I’m smart enough to not even let that kind of thought cross my mind. My guess is that you embrace other fantasies as well. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread