Lost Gold of WWII

rustoleum

May 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm new to treasurenet and look forward to reading more on this forum. I have a question if someone can point me to a link or contact information on how to contact the people that were on the Lost Gold of WWII that was recently on the history channel. I need to contact the two main treasure hunters John Casey and Peter Struzzieri who were the treasure hunters. I need to contact them about another Japanese burial site that they may know of or not know of.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The entire Yamashita legend is just that: A legend. A camp-fire story telephone game legend gone-awry. But it's deeply ingrained in the Philippine culture. Such that everyone there thinks that every single cave, swamp, canyon, sunken spot, funny squiggle on a rock, etc... all contain "Yamashita's treasure". You can literally buy various treasure maps on the street corners there. Complete with pedigrees that "someone who was on the soldier detail, that passed the map down to their grandchildren", blah blah .

And the people in the TV show are doing nothing but reading from scripts and cue-cards. It's all just Hollywood fancy. Those treasure hunters don't know anything other than you can get by googling various renditions of the legend on google. And their "eye-witness" (yeah right) is just some older Filipino guy in So. CA who answered a casting call for auditioning. And ... no ... was not there, was not an "eye-witness", etc.... It's all just entertainment, with no basis in any truth of a reality of a treasure.

But sure: Each telling of the story (the 100 different versions and locations) will each be "rock-solid bullet-proof true", right ? That's just the allure of treasure stories. You can never put them to rest. And your mind will subconsciously put critical skeptical thinking aside. Because of the psychology of "no one wants to be left out". So each story recipient will be 100% adamant that their location is 100% true. But ... durned that government red tape. Or durned those booby traps that the Japanese planted. Or gee, we need a metal detector that goes 50 meters deep. Or how to drain a swamp, etc... But rest assured: The treasure is there. Right ?

dash4cash

Apr 9, 2018
Saukville, WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Garrett AT max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO nice way to welcome the guy to Treasure Net Tom, even though i agree.

Welcome rustoleum.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet contact the network .We are all chasing treasure it is there but no one knows where.........

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm new to treasurenet...another Japanese burial site...
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Rustoleum! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_metal_detector.gif
2nd - You might consider also posting this on: TREASURE LEGENDS > YAMASHITA TREASURE for more exposure...

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
there is no treasure lost anywhere on this earth ALL treasure stories are a lie and nobody really finds one silver coin because nobody EVER lost anything don't waste your time and dowsing doesn't work and nobody EVER found water dowsing for it either . I can't understand why this website exists.........and wars never made anybody hide wealth...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
there is no treasure lost anywhere on this earth ALL treasure stories are a lie and nobody really finds one silver coin because nobody EVER lost anything don't waste your time and dowsing doesn't work and nobody EVER found water dowsing for it either . I can't understand why this website exists.........and wars never made anybody hide wealth...

Well this is certainly a logical jump. If some treasure legends are non-existent ghost-stories, then .... any skeptic who says such a thing, likewise means that: "Therefore no treasures whatsoever exist". Heck, and not even that .... not even one silver coin.

But to work that in reverse order, ok : I've found silver coins. So therefore Yamashita story is real and legitimate. Right ?

The fact that treasures do exist, and singular silver coins do get found, does not add credence to the truthfulness of any fanciful story that can be dreamed up.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom, thread is about contacting the people from lost treasures of WWII. Member did not ask if you believed in it or not. We are getting multiple complaints about your badgering members and derailing threads on treasure legends and dowsing. I HIGHLY recommend it end.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
While some treasure stories are just legends or myths, some have some truth about them. Case in point, two old spinster ladies who were sisters, lived in an old house at the lower end of Emmerts Cove in Sevier County, Tennessee in the middle or late 1800's to around 1910 to 1920's (not sure the exact time periods). It was rumored that they hid Gold coins inside the house and even outside in the fields and elsewhere. When the 1930 big flood hit that area, water from the Greenbrier River (Middle Prong of the Pigeon River) got well up into the fields and flowed under the house. When the flood waters receded, the current resident at the time, emerged from the home to inspect the damage. He saw a glint of Gold in the dirt and rock driveway on the downstream side of the house. Upon closer inspection, he found that it was a $20 Gold piece and he followed a trail of Gold coins under the porch and house to a somewhat bowl shaped impression under the house which was filled with Gold coins. Later in the 1970's when the house was going to be torn down, two treasure hunters asked permission from the owner to search the house for treasure. He gave them permission but only if he got 60% of the finds or 60% of the money when the finds were sold. The two treasure hunters entered the home and one made a beeline to the closet under the stairs to the second floor. With his little hammer, he banged on the enclosure of each step and one gave him a dull bong sound. He pried off the enclosure of the step and found a half gallon fruit jar laying on it's side that was full of $20 Gold coins. As far as I know, that was all they found in the house but I have heard of more Gold coins being buried under flat rocks in the fields fairly close to the home.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
There been treasures found in the Philippines of Chinese , Spanish and Japanese origin that a fact ...but this show is phony and if Yamashita treasures were real Marcos and some high ranking Japanese took that secret to there graves ..I believe there were a few real big treasures on land and many in the sea my only proof is the war records of what was stolen from the banks , mines and mints ....

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh am sorry i guess if they don't find anything in this t.v show ....there be no more viewers willing to waste there time watching ...I gave up all ready ....and the hundreds of other dreamers with sites have no hope for t.v money ...this show is bad for tourism

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rustoleum Welcome to the forum . I am from Ohio and i have not idea who you would contact . Perhaps the history channel on FB ?

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats something thats missing these days with the internet.....romance. It used to be romantic to entertain thoughts of pirates or lost treasure or lost wartime gold. Now its just all hard facts and strong opinions and 'show me the proof'. Just sayin...

chub

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sssshhh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread