Is it possible to find my old bitcoin details?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnesjacob180

May 8, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I have a faint memory of purchasing bitcoins years ago. I can recall looking at wallet choices but I don't remember what I selected.
I don't even recall exactly how long ago this was, so I'm not sure what computer I was using or even what email/username details I may have used.

Is there any way of searching using my personal details to find if I have any bitcoin currency to my name? Is there anyone I could contact that may be able to search more proficiently than I could? And if not, what methods might I be able to use to manually search?

Thank you very much for your time and any assistance.

(deleted by mod as spam)

Last edited by a moderator:

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,

I have a faint memory of purchasing bitcoins years ago. I can recall looking at wallet choices but I don't remember what I selected.
I don't even recall exactly how long ago this was, so I'm not sure what computer I was using or even what email/username details I may have used.

Is there any way of searching using my personal details to find if I have any bitcoin currency to my name? Is there anyone I could contact that may be able to search more proficiently than I could? And if not, what methods might I be able to use to manually search?

Thank you very much for your time and any assistance.

(deleted by mod as spam)

Probably a bot but no. Without your private key you can't recover anything from a wallet. If encrypted you need both the key and the encryption key. This applies to Core and lite wallets. If you had them stored at exchange they'd also be gone since very few original exchanges are around. Nothing in the block chain is tied to personal information except your public key and that's useless without the private key.

Last edited by a moderator:

docweiser

Aug 20, 2019
Maryland
Detector(s) used
MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do some searching - YOU WILL NEED a file on the computer that you used, without that, no way!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The questions to this thread have been answered. So I am closing it.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread