Thinking about jumping on the Equinox wagon

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.....I figured why the heck not, just go big or don't go. With the wife's encouragement (knew that was gonna happen) I just placed the order for an 800. The 15% military discount was a no brainer.

Here's a quick tutorial...
1 - dont treat it like any past machines, take the time to learn the way the detector behaves and responds.
2 - don't get caught up with special "programs". 90% of the time they arent needed or wont work for YOU.
3 - Put it in a stock mode to type of hunt you are doing and leave it alone. Learn the machine before you change the machine.
4 - Charge it before you run out to use it that first time!
5 - the detector comes with a quick-start guide but not the manual. Download the manual from minelab's website and read it through a few times.

Good luck and enjoy!

OP
OP
Coinucopia

Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT All Pro, Whites Treasuremaster, Fisher F5,
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Whooo Hooo! I have a tracking number. :headbang:

This will be just in time for a planned relic hunt this coming weekend so I can see what the Equinox is all about. :thumbsup:

Nox track.jpg

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you! It sounds like you have an awesome wife! I started out on the Nox in park 1 with all metal mode off. Learned the tones and how the machine worked. Then started using all metal mode on, that took some time getting used to all the tones! Now I'm using Field 2 and I'm pulling in deeper stuff! This machine just keeps getting better!

OP
OP
Coinucopia

Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good for you! It sounds like you have an awesome wife!

Oh believe me, I'll pay for it. I know how the game works. :laughing7:

Our anniversary is coming up in a couple of weeks.

Seriously though, I don't know how she puts up with me sometimes and is nothing short of incredible. :icon_thumleft:

wmgeorge

Mar 4, 2013
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well.....I figured why the heck not, just go big or don't go. With the wife's encouragement (knew that was gonna happen) I just placed the order for an 800. The 15% military discount was a no brainer.

Where are you getting the veterans discount from?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your pm.

OP
OP
Coinucopia

Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's here! It's here! :wav:

How do ya work this thing? :laughing7:

EQ800.jpg

treasureguy56

Mar 31, 2019
Half way Between Perry and Owosso Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210 , Tesoro Golden Sabre , CZ5 , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are truly willing to give the machine the time it will require to learn it fully I would agree that the " Equinox 800 " is the way to go . Every machine out there has its nuances and the Equinox 800 is no different except that you are starting out with one of the best in the world . That being said , if you have to learn - learn on the best .
You must have patience if you buy this machine because it will teach you new things about detecting you never new - even if you have been detecting for 34 yrs. lol
I love mine , and im learning something new about it everytime out

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread