Gold Treasure buried by Grand Parents

Raam

May 13, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

This is Raam. Belong to India now in USA. I would like to seek your advice for the following situations.

1) My grand father buried some gol in our private land in two places as two different sets.

2) My grand mother's daughter in law knows that he did it but, no clue where it is.

3) Even the people in my village confirmed it. 3 to 4 people tried to dig it as well.

4) It is about 1 acre land.

5) We are not sure where he buried it or how much deep would be.

6) I have tried with Marko 3D JeoHunter about 1 year back. But, no luck.

7) Can any one suggest me a good gold detector which can show it as a virtual image .

8) I am expecting that could be below 10 feet.

Thanks in advance.

Raam.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ten feet? That's overkill in my opinion. I'd think two, maybe three at most.

If you've heard it's buried ten feet deep or more, I'm thinking it's more legend than history, BUT...

Good luck in your search. At 10+ feet ground penetrating RADAR may be your best shot.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like so many other stories of buried gold. Good thing is the rumor has that it's buried within a specific area the size of an acre. I'd start by looking around large rocks, old trees or something that could be used as a landmark that your grandfather could remember where he hid the treasure.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do a lot of probing looking for softer spots that may indicate a disturbance of the soil. When you find them then dig a test hole. It will take some time but you may get lucky

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From all The stores I read on India & Burying Gold Estimated in 1909 at $1,500,000,000 http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/asia/491515-treasure-tale-buried-siver-gold-india.html and
including this one http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/asia/563361-all-gold-india-1837-1898-a.html I have no Doubt he did it.

To me I would suggest a High End Minelab Etrac, or 3030 Run in All Metal, or
or a GPX Gold Detector & Dig everything, No matter how tiny the Signal.
If very Deep it may sound Like Bad Ground over a wide area , Or a deep Can Tab.

Alternative would be Ground Penetrating Radar, (GPR) https://www.google.com/search?q=GPR...svJjiAhWQd98KHX-rCdcQ_AUIDygC&biw=853&bih=543
But you would Need an Expert .and or allot of Money unless you know someone.

Welcome & Good Luck :coffee2:

Last edited:

wingding

Greenie
May 12, 2019
Pennsylvania- U.P Michigan- Montana
Detector(s) used
First 1964 Relco- White's Coinmaster 4 - White's Eagle SL - Garrett 2500- Minelab GP Extreme- Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...My first thought is you probably are just looking for this and not just that much into metal detecting in general... So you need a metal detector thats not going to kill your wallet.. That being said... If it's pretty deep I would gamble it's not 10 feet down..know hoping it's a nice amount of gold bars / coins ect... I would go with a older GP extreme with a large 1800 large coil.[about 18' diameter] This will not set you back more then 600 -800 dollars and it will reach down 5-6 feet at least if the bounty is pretty large in mass...anything 10 feet your not going to find with a metal detector. The ground mineralization will also come into factor here... Hoping you have good stable soil... If not your probably out of luck. But you need a detector that can really reach down... and it's going to have to have a nice large coil.. run in full metal mode. I would go with the cheapest minelab gp or minelab gpx ... minelab sdc2300.. the minelab gpx's will cost you more... they are newer... that would be my choice in this situation.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
A large coil ( 2 meter size ) P.I unit could spot gold that deep if the target is of mail box size maybe some members that hunt WW2 targets have some more ideas i only hunt single gold bars at 3 feet with a 16x16 coil a coil this size would never reach that deep

roy2bears

Aug 15, 2010
cameron,ok.
Detector(s) used
whites tesoro
Metal detect the area really good remove all hits ,,get a excavator remove about 3 inches of soil ,metal detect again.... repeat until you find gold

Maokia

Tenderfoot
May 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A large coil ( 2 meter size ) P.I unit could spot gold that deep if the target is of mail box size maybe some members that hunt WW2 targets have some more ideas i only hunt single gold bars at 3 feet with a 16x16 coil a coil this size would never reach that deep

Oh, I wish someday I will find gold.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 10 feet it must have been a sizable hole! The ground would still most likely be showing anomalies . Even if its higher vegitation in the loosened soil. What happened to Grandpa that he couldnt dig it up or pass on the location to his family before he passed on?

chub

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your best bet for that deep would be a Two Box Detector. Like a Whites TM 808 or a Fisher Gemini 3. Both are about the 750$ mark. The other option that may work better is to us a Ground Penetrating Radar unit to look for the disturbance of where the hole was dug. Hope this information is of use. Keep us posted if you do find anything!!!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like so many other stories of buried gold. Good thing is the rumor has that it's buried within a specific area the size of an acre. I'd start by looking around large rocks, old trees or something that could be used as a landmark that your grandfather could remember where he hid the treasure.

Agree with tamrock, it will be buried in a location that has some type of landmark to help find it later. Look for any nails or screws located on any tree limbs on the property. The person burying the gold would hang a string with a weight down to the ground to mark the location. Very doubtful that it would be buried down 10 feet. Not a very safe activity trying to dig a 10 foot deep hole and think of the time it would take if you were trying to hide the location from others.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings Raam and welcome! Just relax a bit and hold off on the MD purchase and the high tech quests. Before you start looking for some treasure vault 10 ft deep rationalize what form a golden treasure might take in India. My best guess would exclude bars, ingots or any form of large artifacts but coinage, votive figurines, jewelry and other small forms of precious artifacts. Before you look for a treasure buried 10 ft deep consider that in order to do that you'd have to dig a hole that was 5 to 7 feet in diameter at the surface in order to be safe. That's a lot of digging for an old timer and would leave an obvious disturbance of the surface, that makes others suspicious.

Ok, Assuming that the treasure was buried, the ground surface would have had to be disturbed. If you would desire to dig a water well in India, who would you have direct you where to dig? We call them dowsers in this country and some use forked willow branches but almost anyone can find water with a pair of brass welding rods with a 90 degree bend on one end to create a handle. You grip them loosely and walk in parallel lines across the property and then at perpendicular lines to create a grid.

This system doesn't so much detect water but instead the places in the surface where the ground has been disturbed. By walking the property North to South and then East to West you can identify the places where there may be ground water or where the ground has been disturbed.

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you know where the ground has been disturbed you have a hint where to dig. Think about this. If I were Grandpa and Grandma and I couldn't dig a 10 deep hole, I'd look for a natural fissure or a cistern.

Best wishes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread