Does anybody pin point their finds ?

BigRay

Apr 21, 2019
Northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody pin point their finds ? I use a app for deer hunting to mark our stands, ground blinds , an so on. I see where peeps have up graded their detectors an have gone back years later an found more.

But was thinking if you pin point it might help to stay on hot finds or a old place where peeps gathered but nobody really no about or talks about because they have passed on.

Or is it more a waste of time an just keep detecting ?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When youre working in large areas without close reference points, using GPS find points can be essential to getting you back on site year after year. It also shows you trends and concentration spots that arent obvious by sporadic finds over multiple hunts. Here is the GPS finds from a ghost town, plotted on Google Earth. I can go back and pull individual GPS coordinates if I want, or put me back into a place that needs closer attention.

finds gps.JPG

Coinucopia

Nov 24, 2017
SE Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites MXT All Pro, Whites Treasuremaster, Fisher F5,
Multiple coil options
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I GPS plot most of my relic hunting locations as well as keep a small notebook with information about each spot such as finds, etc. Sometimes it's difficult to find those exact spots in heavily wooded areas without it when I want to return some time later. Some of those those places look entirely different in mid summer when the vegetation is full on as opposed to fall/winter.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time. Up to 10cm of accuracy. I do most of my detecting in winter when soil is frozen and vegetation is scarce, but the digging much later, if i decide to. My targets are predominantely larger (and deeper).

OP
OP
B

BigRay

Apr 21, 2019
Northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never thought of doing it at first but im in it for the long haul now. It would make sence as what you all just said different times of year or coming back after not being able to get back for a long time an want to find the spot again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread