Minelab ctx 3030

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better idea, why dont you go to the CTX subforum and spend a day reading there.

mh9162013

Mar 22, 2019
KY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Research Labs F2, Equinox 600, Pro-Find 35, & Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I've read and heard, it's a high end machine, but it's response time isn't as good as the Equinox and it's heavy.

There are also rumors that it's replacement will be announced/released later this year.

I would never buy one new, but you can probably get a used one for half price given the popularity of the Equinox.

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend has one and he is hands down the best detectorist I know. I think luck plays a part too. I think it's not an easy machine to learn but it's a really good one!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CTX 3030 is a great detector, while its processor is slower than the Equinox, the 3030 will tell you how many targets are under your coil and which ones are conductive and which are ferrous when you turn on Target Trace, Equinox will not do that. 3030 gives a lot more info and more target ID numbers than the Equinox as well. They are both good detectors, just 2 different detectors. I also own both myself.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread