I was actin suspecious at a city park

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been metaldetecting this park for over 20 years. Yesterday it was kind of raining so i sat in my truck for an hour waiting for rain to stop. A cop pulls right by my truck knocking on my window for me identify myself cause someone called the cops on me for acting suspecious. You see, im out there with my metal detector and shovel and no one says a thing but when i rest at a park that is acting suspecious. There were at least 10 people in their cars but im the suspecious one.

Kansas_Jayhawk

Mar 11, 2017
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 and Tesoro Silver uMicromax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell the cop you are there to steal the dandelions to make a salad.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some snobbish busy-body decided you looked like a good enough target.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
''Dang!'' :BangHead: If there was some person getting mugged or the sort, nobody would do anything, but if your minding your own business then you are suspicious.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
''Dang!'' :BangHead: If there was some person getting mugged or the sort, nobody would do anything, but if your minding your own business then you are suspicious.

Yeah, I noticed that! If a crime is being committed, folks stand there like deer in the headlights, or whip out their phones and go live on Facebook, but if somebody is minding their own business, here come the boys in blue!

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't those cops realize that people that metal detect don't mug old ladies? Sheesh!

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think something is up if i seen a guy shaking one arm and looking up while sitting in the truck....jerkin the gerkin...:3some:

gold-dog

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2008
Crawfordsville Indiana
I'm not surprised My stepson rides a bike to work with an umbrella in a backpack and has been stopped several times because people calling in and saying he has a rifle in his backpack. Takes a gunstock and no one calls in I guess he just looks suspect.

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just glad you weren't shot by a nervous cop. Being suspicious is all it takes to get a one way ticket to Paradise, so be careful out there...

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
just a mis-understanding. move on. it happens.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd have to see a photo of you in the truck before judging the situation.:laughing7: Heck, I've had cops called on me for "a man with a gun;" "a man with a knife;" and my favorite, "a suspicious guy burying something in the park." :headbang:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's crazy! I was driving by that park and saw you sitting in your van.

Snapped this picture. Don't know why they thought you looked suspicious.

E501E4E7-D2F1-4F6C-8CD7-DD299C869E3F.jpeg

Last edited:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While people are being beaten, mugged, robbed, murdered, kidnapped, or raped, we can feel safe because the cops are busy checking for seat belt violators and detectorists sitting in their vehicle.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While people are being beaten, mugged, robbed, murdered, kidnapped, or raped, we can feel safe because the cops are busy checking for seat belt violators and detectorists sitting in their vehicle.

Well if someone called in a man acting suspicious in a park and they didn't check it out and a kid was kidknapped or a jogger was assaulted....it would not be good at all.

They have to respond to calls.

My bet is if they got a call about the above mentioned crimes, they would prioritize their resources.
Jeeze, it's always been this way.

I guess they could sit around and wait for someone to get kidknapped or mugged and respond to only those calls.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hunt the woods , the blue hairs won't call the cops if they don't see you.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, Maybe you should unhook the trailer with all the junk in it, take the tent and duffel bag of clothes out of the bed of your truck, shave your 2 foot long beard, comb your hair, take a bath every now and then, don't smirk when you are trying to smile, remove your hands from your pockets, hide the "Please help I'm Homeless sign", and stop trying to give little children candy, and you may not look suspicious. Then again, you could just get out of your truck and go metal detecting !!!

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, try not to act so guilty...:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions