Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am going out today....my dang setting were wrong.....so I got me my boots on... hat... and if I have too I will duc tape tons of those dang keep u warm thingies all over myself...ya know then thingies ya stick in your gloves n all....I am heading and and I am gonna dig my way to china if need be..... by gods I am not COMMING home till I do have something worth showing...grrrrrrrrrrrr this ole broad is getting down and dirty...

ohh and lordy, not to be nasty but after some of the bs here with a few fakers...man I so tempted to swing my detector the wrong way...git my drift...... loaded with bear today I am.... look out..

and heading into the woods too all by myself... if I am not back posting... call air patrol.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Please tell me you're not goin' into them piney woods! Even I've heard stories about the Pine Barrens...

checking the Civil Air Patrol ph number...

have fun and HH!
Nan

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
You go girl!!!!! I know how you feel, I haven't found anything worth posting in over a year! Good luck and can't wait to see your finds!

vicki

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
I'll settle for pictures of how many of the keep-you-warm-thingies you had to duct tape to ya. :-X

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked like nanuck from the north... boots, hat...had 4 of those hand n feet warmers ( didnt need em) I brought the m6 my mistake was taking the stock coil with it... I played with the dials...up down middle all over and still got crap readings and enough beer cans to take two truck loads to the dump.. so basically I waundered round this so called old swimming hole for nothing... no beach area..trails... but all junk.. no wasnt in the pine barrens too many wackos deep in there..wont go in lessen I have a gun, knife and pepper spray... and I wont go by myself in there... so today again, was a flop ended testing this stock coil that I HATE at the tot lot smaller 5.3 coil does much better... came home with 31 cents... so am annoyed and done for the day... nothing is reading right nor do the numbers match up..so basically today am saying F-it.... I keep trying and trying and failing.. I guess I have to read this g.d. book again..for the 10 time... too damn much iron in the soil here... I swear I wont find anything here in this state till I get outta it.
and am po'd ... sorry but I say it like it is...

had better luck with the gtp1350 all week then with the m6 am just to p-off at the moment...

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Bootybay, have you tried the whites forum here on tnet or the whites forum at findmall.com? They may be able to help.
You sound like me, short on patience.

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just joined that sites last nite thanks to mike in nj..... and yes, I am short on patience with myself..big time.. just disquisted today is all...had such high hopes for this old swimming hole..and whamo... detector goes nuts and i couldnt get it stop..tried everything..

Michigander2005

May 30, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS III , Freedom 3, and GTP 1350
Booty I got a new GTP 1350 a few days before you did , couple of days found 1944 merc using 4 1/2 coil in a very junky church yard.

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool on the merc..but today I was using the m6

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son and I went to the local park and had a day like yours .. Dug about 7-1 trash to coin ratio and it does get boring.. $1.38 in clad..
But you can't find whats not there!!!As far as your m-6 goes try sensitivity as high as possible with out crackling when in the air.. Gb in all-metal then lock the gb.. Crank up the disc to nickles or higher..
If still unstable turn down the sensitivity until stable and smooth.. We all have days of trash and not much else.. Your day will come!! As is stated earlier you can't find what not there so continue looking for places to hunt until you do... ;)

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deep breath in through the mouth out through the nose..have some alcohol,relax and try again later!!!!

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a dang drink at this point sounds good.... and I may go horse back riding in a few days.. on a beautiful gray arabian named Danny... I adore grays

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have had similar experiences with the MXT and the standard coil. The 5.3 is a good improvement in the trashy areas, BUT the 4X6 shooter really shines in heavy trash. I recommend it highly if you can work it into your budget.
Keep the coil swingin',
Bill

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
bootybay, hang in there girl. The M6 from what I have read is a very good machine and you live in a history rich state. Do some research and find an area that has more possibilities and you should reap the benefits. As soon as I started hitting the older parks (wherever I was located at the time) I started pulling out keepers and that was with a Fisher 1220X. You have a much better machine and once you learn it you might be surprised at how fast good targets start coming out of the ground.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bootybay, sometimes that's the way it goes. I have been disappointed many times and I just go back at it. The stiff drink helps after I am back in my easy chair wondering what went wrong. I just try to enjoy what time I get to get outdoors in the sun or rain.

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your right... and am watching the weather with baited breath here, we have a nor eastern storm going on ( churn that ocean up baby)... I just had to change the way I looked at things... enjoy the moment and say ahh hell with it....If I find something great..if I dont... well, maybe next time eh... least no one calls me MOM during my lil trips eh..

kickback

Mar 11, 2004
South Dakota
Bootybay I just finished a stretch of 6,12 hour graveyard shifts Thursday morning.I slept for a few hours then went detecting with the M-6.The first 4 targets were junk that VDI'd and sounded good.I was annoyed.The next 4 targets were coins,1962 Rosie,1948 and 1944 wheatie and a 1961 nickel.I guess that's why they call it detecting not finding.Keep the faith.Tommorrow is an all day trip with the M-6 for me.Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread